Poll: Diablo MMO or Starcraft MMO or Brand new MMO?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo MMO or Starcraft MMO?

If you had to choose between Blizz's next MMO...Diablo MMO or Starcraft MMO? Which makes the best sense to you? (poll shortly)
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft. Diablo is would be too simular to Wow.

Diablo because the gothic style seems more mature to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Good point but I love me some Diablo so I went with that.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    But if its similar to wow then they get a 9th try to get it right!
    Last edited by lokinrond713; 2015-06-15 at 08:53 PM.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Starcraft, because the dev team for Diablo 3 apparently does not even play their own game and have completely and utterly lost touch with (and the faith of) the playing community. I mean, if Jay Wilson came back, then maybe....but the likelihood of that is about zero, so Starcraft MMO ftw!
    "Death is the least of my apprehensions in this den of evil." - Ivanhoe

Truthfully, I would like to see all three. Diablo, Starcraft and WOW2. I wouldn't have enough time to really play all three, but it would be great to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo would be more my style, but I don't think any of these will happen. I think Blizzard is sticking to WoW as its MMO and focusing on other genres for their new games.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft, because sci-fi needs more love. Nothing against Diablo's setting but I'll take sci-fi over more swords n' magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft, I want to be a zergling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    Starcraft, because the dev team for Diablo 3 apparently does not even play their own game and have completely and utterly lost touch with (and the faith of) the playing community. I mean, if Jay Wilson came back, then maybe....but the likelihood of that is about zero, so Starcraft MMO ftw!
    I think this is the wrong way to view it. I don't believe it would be the same team, and even if it was they wouldn't be thinking of the game in the same way because it's not the same game if they make it an MMO.

Deleted
    Wasn't Jay Wilson pretty much the reason we got Diablo 3 as it (abysmally) was? Wasn't he the one to post the "fuck that loser" post on twitter? I thought we didn't like Jay Wilson. :|

As for the topic, I'd say Diablo is very nearly an MMO as is, with a bit of tweaking, it could be Guild Wars/ Path of Exile-y, with the cities as lobbies. Starcraft sounds like it has a LOT of potential, especially if they do some really, really weird things with the zerg. I'd imagine it as a tps shooter-brawler-rpg hybrid, though. It could get messy.

I've never thought that Starcraft would fit as an MMORPG, it worked with WoW because they had a huge universe to begin with that had room for plenty more stuff. They could do it with Starcraft but I don't see enough potential. I could see a Diablo MMORPG, it may have some similiarities to WoW with being in a medieval setting, but the universe itself would definately fit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll do another MMO for quite a while. No new MMO will ever come close to the success WoW has had, and even if Blizzard were able to create something totally unique and mind-blowing, the market is too fragmented with too much competition. It's just not a good business decision to devote that amount of resources to a single game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft has two factions to easily turn into playable characters, and a 3rd faction to turn into an NPC threat, creating the perfect setup for PVP and PVE.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    What I'd like more would be a Diablo style MMO. I've always wanted an MMO like WoW, but done in a more mature tone, with realistic characters and such. It doesn't need to have cutting edge graphics, but some kind of a dark, gothic setting. That's what I'd like.
    Last edited by mmoc397e28de05; 2015-06-15 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ???

The game has improved since the Josh Mosqueira took over, he managed to save the reputation of Diablo 3. It was in a horrible state before the Expansion pack.

None, MMO's are a dying breed... Not to mention Starcraft and Diablo are the leading titles of their genres, turning them into an MMO would be a bad thing.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... We have enough MMOs already. It is like every major game developer fells the need to make an MMO. Don't anyone dare touch Diablo or Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    None, MMO's are a dying breed... Not to mention Starcraft and Diablo are the leading titles of their genres, turning them into an MMO would be a bad thing.
    They turned Warcraft into MMO, so anything is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

What about a mmo similar to how they're doing HotS ? You can start off as various classes or whatever in each respective reality, lvl up in zones from any of em.

Dungeons and raids would be you makin sure the various events that happen in their respective universes happen.