Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Yeah I'm not complaining to much. Just never thought I would be better looking now than I was 20 years ago. Just blowing my mind away is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I weighed myself earlier in the day before the ham dinner. Next day I gained 3 pounds..but before that I had lost 4 pounds from eating only 2 boxes of kraft dinner.

and again stop looking at the scale, as it says nothing... Its not stable. Also you might have done some exercise and your muscle might be growing, muscle weights more than fat!

I do take care of my self constantly and spring till start of summer is where I go hard on my diet etc. I can understand about your obsession but its not a bad obsession.
    If you don't want to have any obsessions in life then don't live, cause everything is an obsession

Went from 190 to 115 awhile back.

Did nothing for my energy level and my body felt worse, after awhile I stopped caring and gained some back.
    Weight matters nothing, Im still a loser.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    and again stop looking at the scale, as it says nothing... Its not stable. Also you might have done some exercise and your muscle might be growing, muscle weights more than fat!

I do take care of my self constantly and spring till start of summer is where I go hard on my diet etc. I can understand about your obsession but its not a bad obsession.
    If you don't want to have any obsessions in life then don't live, cause everything is an obsession
    I just want to know how I lost this weight..only thing I changed was walking to the beer store instead of biking it. 5km walking or 5km biking probably made the difference.

but now I get on a scale each morning to see if I gained weight. Constant paranoia all the time. Constantly feeling myself up to see I have any jigglies on my body. None so far, but its always in the back of my mind all day long.

Anyone else lose 30 pounds in last few months?
    You're probably going to gain those 30 pounds back within another month. Embrace your jiggliness.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Went from 190 to 115 awhile back.

Did nothing for my energy level and my body felt worse, after awhile I stopped caring and gained some back.
    Weight matters nothing, Im still a loser.
    Thats because you obviously lost them in an unhealthy weight, you reduced your calories and carbs way too much, I guess you weren't using any multivitamins during the process, and you dropped your iron levels bellow the basement.
    When losing weight, get some professional advice, preferably by a doctor. If you don't have that access you can always search online, nowadays everything is out there for everyone. Good luck in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    You're probably going to gain those 30 pounds back within another month. Embrace your jiggliness.
    Not before I see my fat cousins in 30 days time for our annual bbb/fireworks festival. I want to freak them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not measuring yourself at the same time every day, it's not going to be the same. Just chalk it up to normal fluctuation; if it keeps going up in the span of 4 days or so, just be sure to work it off that weekend. You're in a much better position to work it off quickly than someone who built their weight extraordinarily high and needs to burn a larger amount off.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I just want to know how I lost this weight..only thing I changed was walking to the beer store instead of biking it. 5km walking or 5km biking probably made the difference.
    What you just said, makes no sense to me...

Also losing weight has to do with your sleeping patterns (HGH is getting higher while you sleep), mood etc.

But exchanging cycling with walking and saying that made you lose weight... absurd. (Although I do dislike cycling as a cardio as it requires a minimum of 1hr to work at least for me while with running I can get the same results in 20 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I had Vindaloo on the weekend, so I probably lost 30 lbs this morning while taking a shit.
    This right here is the very definition of TMI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    If you're not measuring yourself at the same time every day, it's not going to be the same. Just chalk it up to normal fluctuation; if it keeps going up in the span of 4 days or so, just be sure to work it off that weekend. You're in a much better position to work it off quickly than someone who built their weight extraordinarily high and needs to burn a larger amount off.
    to be quite honest. I don't even know how to walk anymore...my bones are clacking together, my balance is off..I feel like a teenager going thru puberty right now.

Idk, I tend to stay away from the scale - I just live what should generally be a healthy lifestyle (eating well, exercising, staying moderately active) and assume it'll come off and it typically does, even if it's a little slower than what it could be (i'm not gonna live by some ridiculously healthy diet lol). I just wait for compliments or for the clothes to feel loose, standing on the scale just scares me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why I made this thread to be honest. Just not used to sudden weight loss. Always been comfortable at 185-190 for the last 20 years. Feels weird to be at weight when I was 20 years old.

yeah I call it the, The Dawes Road Diet. over priced meat at the grocery store and no work.
    Beef cows are worth like $3,000 each around here. Look out in the field at a 100 of them and you're looking at $300,000.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like maximalism to me. I had a similar obsession when I was 15 or so: I did boxing, and I trained really hard, 40 minutes of jogging a day, 2-3 hours in a gym and 1-2 (later 4-5) in a boxing hall, no days off. I got so obsessed with it that, even when I really had to be somewhere else at the time (it was a question of getting or not getting a large sum of money), I still went to gym instead, because I thought that without 1 day of training I would become physically weak and have to start training from scratch. Yes, as a result, my physical shape was terrific, and I did very well in boxing as well, using my advantage in strength and speed to crush opponents with powerful combinations - but my life was a living hell, I couldn't think of anything other than heavy training, and I even started doing rather poorly in school, because my focused mind could not pay much attention to it. I also was constantly tired emotionally, because I knew I would never become a boxer of a world class (since I was planning a career in physics), so I was having doubts that all those efforts weren't in vain.

Then I got an injury while boxing and had to stop training for a couple of weeks. And that was the end of it: with my maximalism, I thought that my boxing career was done, it would take me months to just get back into that shape, and all he time before was wasted. So I quit boxing. On a side note, even after 10 years of essentially not doing any sports (just jogging from time to time), my body looks excellent, although nowhere close to what it looked like at that time.

Don't know what to recommend. Just start jogging regularly, and no jigglies will ever appear, provided you eat and drink healthy things and do not get some kind of rare illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Jay, do you see a doctor regularly? Not to sound alarming, but if there is truly nothing to explain a 30 pound weight loss in your life, then there's a few things they would want to check to make sure there isn't a medical cause for it.

Obvious answer is to get rid of the scale.

but now I get on a scale each morning to see if I gained weight. Constant paranoia all the time. Constantly feeling myself up to see I have any jigglies on my body. None so far, but its always in the back of my mind all day long.

Anyone else lose 30 pounds in last few months?
    Ah dude chill. Its better to make a lifestyle change with balance. If you stress so much about it your setting yourself up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Thats because you obviously lost them in an unhealthy weight, you reduced your calories and carbs way too much, I guess you weren't using any multivitamins during the process, and you dropped your iron levels bellow the basement.
    When losing weight, get some professional advice, preferably by a doctor. If you don't have that access you can always search online, nowadays everything is out there for everyone. Good luck in the future.
    The nice girl at the plasma place always checked my levels for iron and protein, they shown no trouble.