View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
81. This poll is closed
  • Yes

56 69.14%
  • No

7 8.64%
  • Violence is wrong and they should notify the law.

18 22.22%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you believe a man should hit a woman?

Keep it civil folks. Its a touchy subject so I will make this discussion as civil as possible.

Do you believe a man should hit a woman in self defense?
    If a woman hits a man such as in intentions to harmfully wound him do you believe the man should hit him?
    This means any type of man. Not just the ones in heterosexual relations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People are entitled to self-defense, and equality means recognizing that women can pose a serious threat to men if they're so inclined, rather than just expecting men to weather an assault because of the attacker's gender. Just keep self-defense proportional to the threat posed, and don't do as some posters here seem to want to do, and use it as an excuse to beat someone within an inch of their life because they shoved you.
    Exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Self-defense ONLY. Like, he fears for his life and can't get away from her - not in retaliation.
    Pretty much this^

The same goes for women of course.

hell even whoopie goldberg thinks if you hit someone regardless of gender you forfeit your right not to get smacked the fuck up. https://youtu.be/u2ntfQ3u2Mo

If women want special treatment to hit men and not be in danger of hitting back then they need to go back to being second class citizens, either we are equal or we are not, you don't get to pick and choose.

Its basic human nature if you are attacked that you retaliate, so when you hit someone and it triggers fight or flight and you are a foot smaller than them and have less muscle mass, fight wins out 99% of the time if the brain cant calm you down.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2015-06-16 at 12:39 AM.

I just want it to be okay to ward off attacks. It's hilarious having to worry about an assault charge because you stopped a woman from slapping you repeatedly.

But yeah. Match what they do is fine by me.

Deleted
    No one should hit anyone outside of actual Self-defense situations. Ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if she has the capacity to harm him or pushes it way too far. I do think some restraint should be shown though if some girl just slaps you or whatever you can do the classic thing where you just grab her wrist and say "do that again and I'll hit you back"

10+ Year Old Account
    You hit me, I am going to hit you. If I hit you, you should hit me. Regardless of fuckin gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect to get hit if you hit me.

After first hit, it's brawl until someone falls.

you hit me i hit you. Sex doesnt matter, if you're sexist and think a women shouldnt be held accountable for her actions then sorry, not sorry. Self-Defense is 100% ok in my book, but i guess thats from being born Male. if a Male Hits Another Male 99.99% of the time it will result in a fight. were taught it you hit someone expect to get hit back. Guess Equality isnt want you want, you want to be able to do whatever you want without repercussions. doesnt work that way.

When it comes to defending yourself, there is no reason to consider your attackers sex. You should always use appropriate force though. If someone slaps you, there really is no need to choke hold them and smash her skull in, and that goes for Men & Women.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she wants to start shit she better be ready to take it. Fair is fair.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It'd be better if everyone could just keep their hands to themselves but, if you are faced with imminent harm you have every right to protect yourself, man or women.
    Note: Self defense isn't giving you carte blanche over your assaulter ... or at least not where I live.

Depends on many factors. If it's an unarmed scrawny woman who poses no real physical threat to me then it would be overkill to hit her, I could just keep her at an arms lenght.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Depends on how she does it to be honest. If she full on hits me yeah sorry she will probably be getting laid out.

10+ Year Old Account
    dat equality tho!
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Women wanting equality is a great thing, but true equality means they can't expect or demand special treatment or consideration based on their sex. Its wrong to hit another person outside self defense, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    dat equality tho!
    Tbh if a much less physically fit man hit me I would probably just shrug it off too.

Kind of a hard question to answer in this poll, just generally? No, you don't hit women. Self Defense only? Yeah absolutely.