The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Registration code needed even for returning players?

After sometime reading lot of positive feedbacks on FF XIV, I am planning to return back to the game.
    But, whenever I start the launcher, it always asks me my registration code which I forgot where did I keep that before.
    Anyone know how to solve this problem?

This should help you out. Top comment provides a step-by-step after you've gotten the key as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried the link. The problem is I don't remember where did I buy the games from (but it must be through online method). I tried to check all of those from SE, amazon and gamestop and no transaction I can find over there.
    I have checked all my emails and it also doesn't show any receipt (maybe I have deleted it).
    I ended up sending message through customer service and hopefully it helps.
    Thanks anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed I don't have a service account either. Though I've been playing since April, so I dunno how early access is supposed to work, if at all. Considering I can't make a service account anymore.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see.
    I can't even login to the game right now. The launcher keeps asking the registration code before I can update the patch.
    I am starting to feel the game isn't so user-friendly compared to others

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    I see.
    I can't even login to the game right now. The launcher keeps asking the registration code before I can update the patch.
    I am starting to feel the game isn't so user-friendly compared to others
    The game is, but the websites most definitely are not. This is coming from personal experience. I had to buy a 2nd copy of the game for a new registration code, and in doing so lost the ability to play the character that I've played for 2 months.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's so troublesome.
    Also, I tried to contact the customer support via website, but haven't got any answer since then.
    Terrible experience