Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wish mine looked that good but it still looks quite good on the regular PS4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    So if I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, the game will look like this?
    That gif is from Sunhilegend on neogaf. It's from a normal PS4.

Pro renders at 4K via Checkerboard rendering. Same game. All PS4 have HDR. The standard PS4 is no slouch.
    Last edited by mmoc839c7d7be3; 2017-04-04 at 10:17 AM.

Continueing my very hard mode run -which is basically the snake eater run - and its kind of a shame some of the best sights are so frontloaded. The zero dawn story 'ruins' are pretty but nothing compares to the Devils Thirst area for sheer level of detail.

Or maybe i just don't like deserts.

Deleted
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/5/1517...t-gifs-twitter

Good article. Gif heavy of course!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Continueing my very hard mode run -which is basically the snake eater run - and its kind of a shame some of the best sights are so frontloaded. The zero dawn story 'ruins' are pretty but nothing compares to the Devils Thirst area for sheer level of detail.

Or maybe i just don't like deserts.
    Keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    That is fantastic. A superb looking game for sure

Deleted
    Think they will keep characters like Nil for the expansion and sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This is absolutely correct and why I think he made such a great villain. It was't so much that he killed the alphas and purged APOLLO to be a dick or because of his ego - in his own twisted, guilt-ridden mind he felt he was doing the right thing. One of my favorite parts about the Zero Dawn facility were the audio files from Faro. You could kind of see his growing doubt and descent into madness, if we can call it that.
    Back to a little story discussion, since specs = zzz to me

The indication was that Ted purged Apollo, but from the storylines about the data storage media (the one based around the vantage points that would last like 50k years) it sure seemed they were made to not be deleted. Thinking back perhaps he only severed the connection to Apollo and not necessarily deleted it. So much about everything that was built for Zero Dawn was redundancy and failsafes. I'd think the smartest people on the planet would make that database invincible, at least from a non-deletion standpoint. non-access though...

However, one thing I'm not clear on: did the faro swarm become self aware, or did it just not respond to "stop" when told to do so by the people that owned it, and then just fulfilled its programming. Was the swarm Ulton or just that swarm of self replicating alien robots on that Justice League episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Think they will keep characters like Nil for the expansion and sequel?
    I killed him on my playthrough so doubt they will put an effort to put him only for half to see :P doesn't seem to be a game of choices and consequences like Witcher/Mass Effect etc...

I beat this game not to long ago and it was great, in fact it is the first game I've platinumed ever. I hope it doesn't take to long for dlc or a sequel to come out, I definitely want more especially after that after credit scene.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Back to a little story discussion, since specs = zzz to me

The indication was that Ted purged Apollo, but from the storylines about the data storage media (the one based around the vantage points that would last like 50k years) it sure seemed they were made to not be deleted. Thinking back perhaps he only severed the connection to Apollo and not necessarily deleted it. So much about everything that was built for Zero Dawn was redundancy and failsafes. I'd think the smartest people on the planet would make that database invincible, at least from a non-deletion standpoint. non-access though...

However, one thing I'm not clear on: did the faro swarm become self aware, or did it just not respond to "stop" when told to do so by the people that owned it, and then just fulfilled its programming. Was the swarm Ulton or just that swarm of self replicating alien robots on that Justice League episode?
    I'm pretty sure the swarm just fulfilled it's programming after a glitch caused it to identify every living thing as a threat, it was never self aware. I don't remember exactly, but it's either that or when given the command to attack, the person didn't provide appropriate parameters and since they were unhackable and had no kill switch they just kept going.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I beat this game not to long ago and it was great, in fact it is the first game I've platinumed ever. I hope it doesn't take to long for dlc or a sequel to come out, I definitely want more especially after that after credit scene.
    Yeah it's the first one I've ever platinumed as well.

Deleted
    Just got this game today, its really beautiful, even playing it on an older ps4 plugged into an old pc monitor, still looks pretty!

one thing i dont like is the hand holding at the start and the slow intro. I prefer it when a game just throws me in and lets me figure stuff out, i dont like that you spend the first 20mins just running around a cave, then the next 30-40mins having your hand held, but it gets better after that, cant wait to play it more later on.

Despite not being a huge fan on console games of any type, a friend of mine actually talked me into buying a PS4 and Battlefield1 in order to play with him. Uhg...boy was that a mistake.

But I did pick up Horizon because of the reviews, and....wow. I mean, even if this game was on PC it would still look amazing! But on a console? I don't know what witchcraft they used to make it look so good, but I hope they keep doing so in future games!

Not sure yet if I really like the RPG elements of the game, but the combat is decently satisfying. Aiming the bow with a controller is ass, however. God, how I miss my mouse and KB already. I don't know how you console pros do it.

On an unrelated note....is the person who does the VA and facial animation capture the same actor who plays Clarice in "Silence of the Lambs"? Because the similarity of both appearance and voice is creeping me out a little. I keep expecting one of the bosses to be Hannibal Lector.....

More Horizon Zero Dawn on the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. Horizon is my goty so far

I just love when developers put out DLC that are basically stand-alone games like Dying light, Horizon, Uncharted, Witcher 3, rockstar etc. Coincidentally these are the developers that I have no problem pre-ordering from because they have such a good track record.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    That's what we called expansion pack or addon back then, it used to be the norm :P

so... $19.99. its NOT stand alone (which is cool with me) currently has 25% off discount with ps plus. current release date on psn is...December 31? eeep

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so... $19.99. its NOT stand alone (which is cool with me) currently has 25% off discount with ps plus. current release date on psn is...December 31? eeep
    Right. I mistook stand-alone with "being a full game, and not just a couple new missons or skins". The new Uncharted DLC is stand-alone because you wont need uncharted 4 to play it. The horizon DLC will be like the Dying Light xpac, or the Witcher 3 xpac where you need the base game to play it. That's why the price is 20 bucks, like Dying Light and Witcher xpacs. I still fully expect to get 15+ hours of new story mode and scenery though. Which is what I love about devs that do that.
    Last edited by kaamila; 2017-06-14 at 10:10 PM.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I'm hoping its actually going to touch on what happened to the other AI like Apollo but i can't help but worry it will suffer from 'anime series movie syndrome' aka "we have a full retail product after this so this cannot have major plot points or things to be references later in case people miss it"