Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    First impressions from the Beta:

Graphically the increments from Low > High > Very High are small, then from Very High > Ultra is a huge leap. Textures and view distance even at Very High was quite poor - and objects simply pop into existence which isn't exactly immersive. The weapon effects are pretty bad also.

Gameplay - the UI isn't exactly intuitive. I did a few hours worth of Coop play and other players would randomly spawn all over the map, sometimes up to 2km away and I couldn't fathom why. Maybe it was just me but I had a hard time maintaining spacial awareness with my friends around me whilst concentrating on the objective.

The HUD notification that you've been spotted / contact is super-jarry and really fucks with the flow of the game. I like being notified but the sound effect / visual effect grated on me after 2minutes. When in contact - the red arrows to give direction to enemy fire is also bugged as hell. It would rarely, if ever, point to the actual direction of incoming fire.

Whilst on missions and objectives - enemy patrols would literally spawn ontop of the cluster of buildings. At first this was infuriating but I quickly realised that infact nearly ALL objectives are simply nodes next to a road, and that at regular intervals enemies would simply drive along the road and vehicles would repeatedly just dump badly-scripted AI players onto our objective again and again. I would much rather they dramatically scaled up the AI ability whilst on objectives rather than just adding difficulty by spamming fresh mobs onto these zones whilst you occupy them.

The combat is somewhat clunky and there's too little differentiation between the weapons for it to make a tangible difference. Enemy overhead vehicles are way too over powered - a helicopter will literally lock the whole squad down indefinitely unless you have RPGs.

Vehicles - as has been said their control is currently bad! Helicopters handle like puppets on strings, motorbikes randomly change direction at whim, and I was repeatedly just thrown off and killed for no reason.

The world - seems sparsely populated. The enemy 'nodes' are small and pretty generic, there's a sense of a civilian presence but this is limited to a handful of civilians merely walking along roads, driving cars or standing about waiting for you to shoot them by accident and fail a whole mission. They don't do anything, or interact with the world in any tangible way, or so I've noticed so far, unlike games like GTA V where you feel like you're in a living world.

Overall though, I can see that this game does have potential, bugs don't make a bad game; ask Bethesda, but at the moment it really just feels like The Division with vehicles in the desert. Once you've completed a couple of missions everything reverts to becoming super repetitive:

1. Drive to objective A.
    2. Kill everyone.
    3. Collect Intelligence / operative.
    4. Deliver it to objective B.
    5. Goto 1.

Entire game in a nutshell. I mean, this is most games, but somehow the likes of GTA V make this fun, and I hope that once we're let out of the starting-area sandbox this game achieves that as I've been looking forward to it for the longest time, but they've got a way to go in a short amount of time.
    Last edited by mmoc76d1c3b3c2; 2017-02-26 at 01:18 PM.

I watched this game over Twitch and I'm really interested in it but I found many streamers getting crashes and their FPS dips like hell in some areas and some of them had to lower their graphic settings to medium to play it properly but the game as a concept looks interesting and fun.

How is the single player experience this game ? is it mandatory to play it with friend to be able completing missions ? is there going to be PVP in this game some sort of BR Arma 3 or H1Z1 king of the hell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I watched this game over Twitch and I'm really interested in it but I found many streamers getting crashes and their FPS dips like hell in some areas and some of them had to lower their graphic settings to medium to play it properly but the game as a concept looks interesting and fun.

How is the single player experience this game ? is it mandatory to play it with friend to be able completing missions ? is there going to be PVP in this game some sort of BR Arma 3 or H1Z1 king of the hell ?
    Release was just today so gotta start looking for how the live build works. Beta had performance issues all over the place for all different systems -- some ran it really smooth others kept getting stuttering/lag/framerate drops/etc. There's a HUGE jump between "very high" and "ultra" where a lot of stuff gets wonky.

Most will tell you its not a great single player experience -- its really meant to be played with 2-4 people tactically (though it DOES scale). No idea how well random matchmaking will work vs which quests/POIs done. There will be pvp coming out they said.

Watched Sodapoppin playing it yesterday, didnt know if i should laugh or cry. Offroad Lamborghini up and down on the mountain, players running beside the cars during driving them, another generic Ubicrap openworld coop game with a metric ton of bugs and performance issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this game out maybe 5 years ago I might have bought it, but not today, not in the state that its in.

The concept is cool, enough to grab my attention. I also know that good concepts don't always make good games. There were too many hang ups in the beta for me to sign on to the game, from optimization issues, game play oddities, to WHY WAS THE GAME SETTING ITSELF TO HIGH PRIORITY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Yeah, it did that.

This game needed more time IMO. I can fans of the franchise and genre loving it though. No problem with that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Usually Ubisoft have good concepts for games but bad at execution. Look at Division, For Honor and this game. Most of all the top streamers are promoting for this game I don't know If Ubisoft did it before or they are trying desperately to advertise for this game. This game is sold if they introduced BR pvp in this game, Wildlands have all the tools and potentials to have that and if they did it it will be sold like crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the beta, decided not to buy it. The vehicle mechanics/damage where mostly why I didn't want to buy it, seems that hasn't changed in the live version.
    Another title released way too soon, it needed a lot more development time if you ask me.

The game's intent looks really cool tho, it just feels and looks unfinished/unpolished.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I had alot of fun just messing around in it. The game is a bit repetitive (Go here, tag enemies, eliminate them, tag boxes, help rebels, kill boss), but I enjoy it with friends because of how we can tackle the tasks. Like, do we sneak in, or go guns blazing? Do we drop two snipers on a hill and send two guys into the Unidad base, or do we paradrop in and fight from the inside out?

I ended up just messing around with friends and we mass kidnapped the enemy soldiers and executed them. It's funnier that any enemy, even big bad heavy MG guys can be taken prisoner and whipped into a car trunk.

Bolivia files a formal complaint with France over Ghost Recon Wildlands
    http://www.pcgamer.com/bolivia-files...con-wildlands/

The Bolivian government has filed a formal complaint with the French embassy about a video game produced by a French company that portrays the South American country as an area controlled by drug traffickers, authorities said.

The game, "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands," was produced by France-based Ubisoft Entertainment SA and is set to be officially launched next week. The game's beta version has been downloaded by 6.8 million users, according to Ubisoft.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Interior Minister Carlos Romero said Bolivia had delivered a letter to the French ambassador and asked that the French government intervene, adding that Bolivia reserved the right to take legal action.

"We have the standing to do it (take legal action), but at first we prefer to go the route of diplomatic negotiation," Romero said.

In the video game, according to a synopsis, a Mexican drug cartel controls Bolivia and has turned it into a violent, anarchic narco-state.

Bolivia is the world's third-largest producer of coca leaves, used to manufacture cocaine, behind Colombia and Peru.

I'm actually really enjoying this. And I've only played it solo.

100% tactical, 74% stealth kills. Using my drone to scope the area, assigning sync shots and slowly clearing paths to the objective is lots of fun.

I have noticed some small stuttering/freezes at time, but mostly the game runs smooth and bug free. Although the AI's uncanny ability to know where I am once engaged is a little annoying.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Hows this game recently? I was kind of shocked to see it is getting favorable reviews on Steam. Like The Division, it kinda sucked at launch. Very boring and repetative. However it seems like over time, again like The Division, they have made some good changes to the game. Anyone have any recent experience with it? I was thinking about picking it up on sale. I'm sure it will be on sale during the steam sale.