Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Sea of Thieves

Hyped for this one because well its pirates! Imgur doesnt like it when you downscale it at least for me so click link. Xbox one and Windows 10

http://i.imgur.com/jydUtls.png
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/15/r...nd-windows-10/

Rare has announced Sea of Thieves, a first-person, multiplayer pirate adventure game coming to Xbox One and PC Holiday 2016.

The brief trailer showed a pirate exploring a jungle, meeting up with allies, and taking to the seas to siege other ships. Rare explains, "Plot your course and set sail for hidden riches. Navigate the perils of a fantastical world and the danger of rival crews."

Rare isn't just banking on 30 years of nostalgia; it has a brand-new franchise on the way called Sea of Thieves. Announced today for Xbox One and Windows 10, it's looking like the pirate sim we didn't get from Assassin's Creed. Rare described the game as its most ambitious effort ever, as the player dives in first-person to a shared adventure. As one would expect from Rare, it's all very stylized and cartoony, which you can get a good look at via the trailer (embedded after the break.) There's no word yet on a release date, but we'll be looking for it on the show floor and you can sign up for more updates on the official website.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no interest if its only going to be a multiplayer game, which would suck cause it looks great and it is from Rare (even if it is modern Nega-Rare). At least throw in some kind of local co-op or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I have no interest if its only going to be a multiplayer game, which would suck cause it looks great and it is from Rare (even if it is modern Nega-Rare). At least throw in some kind of local co-op or something.
    They are really avoiding calling it an MMO, but you definitely come across other players. We still don't know much, but it looks like it's an open world but instanced (so phasing) ... but other pirate crews will phase into your world with some match-making happening behind the scenes. And you don't HAVE to fight other ships but they want the feeling of seeing another ship on the horizon to be an awesome moment -- are the going to attack? should we? can we team up with them to hunt the kraken? etc.

BUT we don't know how often these encounters will happen -- I, for one, hope the player crews have a little say in it. If you like lots of PvP then you get more action against like-minded pirates. If not, then it's more rare.

They said there is no split-screen support.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its anything close to Sea dogs, it should be great.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dogs_(video_game)

Maybe i should replay sea dogs 2 (aka pirates of the caribben).

But if you are limited to other players on internet managing your ship, then its gona be a games downfall.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If its anything close to Sea dogs, it should be great.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dogs_(video_game)

Maybe i should replay sea dogs 2 (aka pirates of the caribben).

But if you are limited to other players on internet managing your ship, then its gona be a games downfall.
    My friends got me to pre-order today so i could play the close beta but they are having lot's of problems and I couldn't log in yet

I'm so damn excited for this game. I haven't been this hyped for a game in years.

I know it's a dream but, I loved to see an Oculus version
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Too bad there is no character progression and no real loot in this game ( i mean u have all the good loot very fast ) , except for cosmetic. I feel like it would be very repetitive very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent played the game but it seems like they should've called their "closed beta" a tech demo.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

it seems cool but doesn't seem like much of a reason to play unless you have friends to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks cool and ppl tell me randos stay in pirate character lol

The graphics (sea effects) are amazing, but where's the fun?

They better have a shit ton more content that they didn’t show because if all there is in the game is running missions for different factions and random PvP, well...it’s RIP. Also game is awful without friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    This. Getting about fed up with multiplayer only games at this point. I wonder when companies are going to realize that the vast majority of them crash and burn rather quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This. Getting about fed up with multiplayer only games at this point. I wonder when companies are going to realize that the vast majority of them crash and burn rather quickly.
    Especially if people start to lose interest in the game after a while, you won't be able to play it since it is only multiplayer game.

Looks fun but unless they are gonna add more stuff gameplay is shallow.

Poorly written riddle - sail to island - loot - repeat

With random PvP thrown in. Nothing really interesting. Good base for a game but yea
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The core game looks really good. They just need to add more to do.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    The core game looks really good. They just need to add more to do.
    They are, if you watch the progression video they posted, they will have a variety of more missions and stuff to do, Such as gathering supplies for the merchant faction, this includes, gun powder barrels, animals which you have to keep alive on your way back and so fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    They are, if you watch the progression video they posted, they will have a variety of more missions and stuff to do, Such as gathering supplies for the merchant faction, this includes, gun powder barrels, animals which you have to keep alive on your way back and so fourth.
    That's no different than treasure fetch quests. There needs to be more gameplay not more fetch quests
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's no different than treasure fetch quests. There needs to be more gameplay not more fetch quests
    There are also going to be bounty missions, to kill notorious dead pirates, who have armies of skeletons

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    There are also going to be bounty missions, to kill notorious dead pirates, who have armies of skeletons
    It would be amazing if they added fortnite like building to this game so you could claim an island to make your own fort as a base for storing loot and having to defend. You could attack other forts as well.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2018-01-28 at 06:04 PM.