Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    QTE people hate them
    LOL WTF are you talking about? If people like Shenmue then they like QTEs. Shenmue was pretty much the first AAA game series to use a heavy amount of QTE. If people don't like QTE, they don't like Shenmue.

I think Shenmue invented QTE, for good or bad they are quite a part of Shenmue games.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I second that.
    Shenmue invented QTE.

Shenmue 2 has Hang-on, Space Harrier, Outrun, Afterburner and a few other mini-games in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Stretch goals have been added

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1267596

After raising USD $3 million in just 48 hours, Shenmue III developer Ys Net has added several additional stretch goals to the game’s Kickstarter drive, seeking to push the final total even higher. The four new goals, which focus on expanding the game’s Baisha Village and its characters, raise the campaign’s bonus target from USD $4 million to USD $5 million.

The campaign has already met several of the original stretch goals (cinematic shorts based on the original pair of Shenmue games and subtitle support in German, French, Spanish, and Italian). An update on the game’s Kickstarter page explained that the next stretch goals on the list “will add new systems to Shenmue 3 that will give a huge boost to the gameplay.”

“The Rapport System will add a depth of story, interactivity and character development that only Yu Suzuki can bring,” the team wrote. “The Skill Tree System will give Ryo a new way to level up and specialize his fighting move set.”

“Next up is the Baisha Village expansion goals – spend more time exploring Baisha, with extra mini-games, interactive events and a new character system. The Character Perspective System will really let you explore the world of Shenmue through the different character personalities.”

The update also notes that the team’s ambitions for the game don’t stop there and that there are “plenty more” goals that will be revealed if the funding total continues to climb.

Sony showcased Shenmue III and revealed the game's crowdfunding campaign during its E3 press conference. The game was successfully funded on Kickstarter less than half a day after the campaign went live, smashing through its USD $2 million target in under nine hours. Shenmue III now holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest video game to raise USD $1 million in contributions on a crowdfunding platform, raking in a seven figure total in just 1 hour 42 minutes and crushing the previous record of 6 hours 5 minutes set by Torment: Tides of Numenera in 2013.

Sony confirmed yesterday that it will be partnering with Ys Net to “get the game done.”

“Sony and PlayStation are definitely a partner in this game,” said Sony’s director of third party production Gio Corsi. “And we are going to be partners the whole way and we're really excited to see this come out in a couple of years.” IGN
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I like the idea of some shorts top catch up on the 1st two games, my Dreamcast stopped working ages ago (*sigh* Sad but True ) and I've never been interested in Xbox so I've not actually played the originals (Also sad but true ) so it'd be nice to get caught up on the story (Given the hype surrounding this, isn't kinda hard NOT to be intrigued, ya know?)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Make sure to back this game and tell your friends to back it too if you want to help it succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I like the idea of some shorts top catch up on the 1st two games, my Dreamcast stopped working ages ago (*sigh* Sad but True ) and I've never been interested in Xbox so I've not actually played the originals (Also sad but true ) so it'd be nice to get caught up on the story (Given the hype surrounding this, isn't kinda hard NOT to be intrigued, ya know?)
    The first Shenmue was made into a movie (officially) using cutscenes and gameplay sequences from the game. I do warn though that the English Dubbing has hilariously bad voice acting, if you watch it you might find it better in Japanese with Subtitles. You have been warned!.. If you can deal with the cheesy bad voice acting though fire away, I think I linked it in the first page.

It's just better in Japanese.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-06-18 at 05:24 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Holy shit this is definitely going to surpass Bloodstain's Kickstarter.

I never played this franchise at all actually. I wonder if they will make an HD collection. Also what is the first stretch goal? Cinema shorts? So, like movies for the first two games?

Deleted
    I have been expecting this game for 14 years. I actually shed a tear when i saw the announcement at E3
    This was pretty much my reaction:

Finnaly we can see how the story will end. I'm so happy T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Shenmue invented QTE, for good or bad they are quite a part of Shenmue games.
    I have always leaned more towards early laser-disc games like Dragon's Lair and Space Ace being the true originators of what would become known as QTE, later revived when CD's first took off and we got so many FMV games.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    More info on the open world aspect, beware wall of text inc

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/03...ers-questions/

How open-world will be Shenmue 3 be? Will there be a pet dog? Are there going to be Coca Cola collaborations in the game? Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki has been answering fan questions about the project via his Twitter feed, addressing a wide range of topics. While his answers are brief, some of them do shed a little more insight into Shenmue 3 and what to expect from it. Read on.

Were there originally 16 chapters in the Shenmue saga or were there 11? please elaborate as to why some say 16 and some say 11.

It is 11 chapters, but with branched story line, it will be more than 11.

At $5 million, exactly HOW open world will Shenmue 3 be, compared to Shenmue 1/2?

I’m expecting something similar to Dobuita in terms of scale.

Will you be disappointed if the Kickstarter doesn’t raise $10mill for that ‘open world experience’?

No I won’t. I am grateful I have another chance for a new Shenmue. I will do everything I can within the budget.

Will the Tiger scroll translated by Guizang in 1 be in 3?

Great idea! I will look into it.

For Ryo Hazuki’s model and others, are you going to reuse models and generally assets from Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2?

I don’t plan on recycling them, but will use the good parts as an reference.

Would love to hear Mandarin voice acting alongside Japanese in Shenmue3. Could we make it stretch goal?

Thank you, it is under consideration.

Why do you think Shenmue didn’t appeal to the mass audience back then? Would it need to be ‘modernized’ for today?

One reason may be there were so many new challenges. New challenges this time too. It’s the most important thing.

Can we expect the return of lottery prize in Shenmue 3? May be the first prize can be a figure of Yu Suzuki!

Great idea. Thanks. I will need to think about something more appealing than a figure of me.

Will you research latest tech in AI so you can include it in Shenmue 3 to make it a pioneering game like its predecessors?

Yes. I would like to take on some new challenge in terms of technology.

Is there a possibility to film a production process for example motion capture or dubbing, during development of Shenmue 3?

Yes, we have it and I would like to feature it in an update.

Will Coca Cola join the Party?

I’m considering collaborations with companies like Coca Cola.

What’s the I.Q. score of Fukuhara-san?

Maybe something like 86?

What can you tell me of the three blades?

Jobs using scissors, razor and knife- barber, cook, and sewer. Skills for jobs with steady demand in any era.

If future installments of Shenmue become a possibility will we have the option to bring over save data from Shenmue 3?

I have not decided it yet.

Can we expect epic fights like in Kowloon in Shenmue 2 and a similar battle fight system?

There is “Battle System Expanded” Stretch Goal. It will enhance the battles, better than Shenmue 2.

Will we start Shenmue 3 with some items/skills/scrolls from Shenmue 1 + 2?

The platform is different, so unfortunately we can’t do it.

Should we expect any Sega related stuff in Shenmue 3 like arcade games or toy capsules?

There is a possibility.

Were there any gameplay elements for Shenmue 1 and 2 that had to be cut due to budget constraints?

Yes. I wanted the ramen noodles to get soggy and yucky, but couldn’t. I wanted to get that real.

Will the “Shenmue Trial” be used for feedback to improve the game like Square Enix have with the Final Fantasy XV demo?

I would definitely want to get feedback, so I’m looking into how to put a system like that in place.

Will there be official Kickstarter Shenmue 3 forums to discuss and give feedback throughout the development process?

I of course would like that and am looking into it.

Will everything be voice acted the same way as 1 and 2? or will budget constraints not allow 100% VO all the time?

Full voice will be possible if we have enough funding.

My question is why is not possible to use Shenmue Passport models for Shenmue 3?

I’m considering about adding some functions from Shenmue Passport.

Can we expect custom clothing for Ryo Hazuki? It would be great feature to able to style Ryo Hazuki as we want.

There’s a feature on the $250 tier and up to change Ryo’s jacket. Other customizing under consideration.

Why was the Dragon Mirror hidden under a cherry tree, a not-so-safe place like the basement?

Iwao [Hazuki] thought the place under Cherry blossom tree was safer.

Where did Ryo get his bandaid?

It didn’t appear in Chp.1, but there was a martial arts event. The scar is from the final match.

Will Shenmue 3 be compatible with the project Morpheus VR headset for the ultimate second life experience?

I feel that VR offers great possibilities.

Will there be a pet dog in Shenmue 3?

Depends on the budget.

I always wondered how Ryo , being Japanese, could communicate so easily in China. Can Ryo speak Chinese?

Let’s not go there…

Suzuki-san, can you please tell us some little info about Shenhua that the fans don’t already know yet?

The Shenmue tree’s flower is named Shenhua. She is named after that flower.

Will Ryo learn the value of forgiveness in Shenmue 3?

Please play Shenmue 3 for that answer!

Do you have a rough idea how many people will be in the development team for Shenmue 3?

It will vary depending on the [Kickstarter] budget.

Since relationships between characters will be more prominent, will we see something like a multiple choice conversation system?

I am thinking about a dialogue selection system.

Please confirm that guns will never be a part of Shenmue gameplay, not for Ryo or any other playable character.

I am not thinking about including guns as a weapon at the moment.

Will Ryo finally eat and perform other bodily functions?

I don’t have plan on implementing it for Shenmue 3.

Why does Ryo have a Saturn under his TV in Shenmue 1, but no games? Was Iwao using the promise of a game for it to focus Ryo? :P

That sounds about right. Let’s go with that.

Mr. Suzuki, what is your favorite music to listen to?

I like Jazz and Rock.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-07-04 at 05:14 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Last 24 hours kickstarter.

Pre-order (donate) if you haven't.
    $30 for digital copy.
    $60 for physical copy.