Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Biggest mistake I did was get a tattoo when I was young.

Think about it. Then think about it some more. Then give it a year and see if you still feel the same way about wanting it - while thinking about it.
    What did you get? Where is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Tattoos are dumb. They're ugly and make you look like a skanky low-life. You'll wish you never got them when you're older.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Tattoos are dumb. They're ugly and make you look like a skanky low-life. You'll wish you never got them when you're older.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but the notion of tattoos making you look like a low-life is so 20 years ago. Most people start to see it for the art form it is. An extension/embodiment of one's personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, but the notion of tattoos making you look like a low-life is so 20 years ago.
    It didn't suddenly start to look better because some kids thought it was cool "art" and a a couple TV shows were made about it. Tattoos still make you look nasty and foolish.

Same with guys shaving bald and growing all manner of ridiculous beards, it makes most men look ugly as hell.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-06-17 at 06:36 AM.

Deleted
    I'm surprised it's not yet another horde fanboy wanting to tatoo the horde logo on his forehead.

There are lots of older people with tattoos that don't regret them. Read a book for wunce.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't suddenly start to look better because some kids thought it was cool "art" and a a couple TV shows were made about it. Tattoos still make you look nasty and foolish.

Same with guys shaving bald and growing all manner of ridiculous beards, it makes most men look ugly as hell.
    What is your qualification for this obviously factual statement?

Biggest mistake I did was get a tattoo when I was young.

Think about it. Then think about it some more. Then give it a year and see if you still feel the same way about wanting it - while thinking about it.
    Yeah, i'm going to have to agree with this. Though i've only had my tattoos for about 4-5 years and don't regret any of them(4 total, 2 on my right forearm from wrist to elbow, 1 on the outside of my right and left leg, and both going from my ankle to knee and from the back of my calf to my shin), i would HIGHLY suggest thinking of what you want to get while looking around at designs on various forums / deviantart / google images / reddit's tattoo section etc, then wait about 2-3 weeks or so and see if you still want the same tattoo or if anything else draws your interest even more then the first one you thought of.

I'd also highly suggest finding out which tattoo shops near you have the best reviews and if you know anyone that's gotten them locally and would suggest one over the other(when i was planning on getting my first tattoo done, i nearly got it done at a shop that had known problems with unsterilized needles, etc. I only knew about that because i talked to some people i knew with tattoos already and all of them had negative things to say about the tattoo shop from personal experience).
    Last edited by Uhnknown; 2015-06-17 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Typo

I'm not going to, but I'd get a lordaeron/forsaken/class icon or something

Deleted

This is, again, just your personal opinion. You state it as if it's a fact.

We have thought about this and are sure we will not regret it. It will not interfere with our professional lives (since it will easily be covered) and it will have sufficient meaning to us.

We agree however that we really need to take our time to find the best design and not rush it. That's why I am asking here for advice, too.

Deleted
    My opinion on tattoos is that if you have to ask what to get, you don't want it enough and the risk of regret is to big.

Still my suggestion would be to take a fond memory you have of wow, and try to boil that down to something iconic about it, and go from there. ie first ragnaros kill is something you still remember, go for a fire theme or a stylized sulfuras etc. Also remember that you can just take a picture of the real sufuras to your tattoo artist, and if he is worth his salt he will be able to make it more minimalistic for you.

I also really like the two parts that make a whole tattoos, but that is more something for couples not for friends :P
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-06-17 at 01:15 PM.

Yeah, don't do that. This is all I could think about, lol.

http://rs2img.memecdn.com/if-the-chi...fb_1041012.jpg
    This is a real thing

Deleted

Style applies everywhere.

The rule of thumb is that whatever stays hidden under a short sleeve shirt is ok. That won't cause troubles while looking for a job.

As for tramp stamps, if you want one just make sure you have your career planned.

In your opinion.

You are not an authority on other peoples looks.

Tattoos are unattractive, cant wait to see all the old people with wrinkly arm sleeves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Tattoos are unattractive, cant wait to see all the old people with wrinkly arm sleeves
    It'll be fine, as more people get tattoos, more people will want to get rid of them, and the cost of tattoo removal can go down. Heck at some point some insurance company will sell you insurance for it.

Deleted
    I like how we pretend that old people without tattoos look so much better

On topic, if you can't figure out what you want, you should probaly wait untill you do.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why wait? They certainly exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    It'll be fine, as more people get tattoos, more people will want to get rid of them, and the cost of tattoo removal can go down. Heck at some point some insurance company will sell you insurance for it.
    More likely: The development of temporary tattoo ink will be more heavily funded. There's already some good development on ink that's naturally biodegradable. They encapsulate it in a harder polymer which is strong enough to be injected, but won't break down until you receive a single laser treatment, which destroys the polymer and lets the ink naturally fade away on its own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I like how we pretend that old people without tattoos look so much better

On topic, if you can't figure out what you want, you should probaly wait untill you do.
    Yeah, we are in the 'we want it but don't know what yet' phase, which definitely will take up some time. The three of us have to love the design equally before we even think of scheduling an appointment.

I wouldnt do it

Think that in 20 years time when wow is long dead somebody is gonna ask you about that tat and are you gonna say with a straight face its from a long dead video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    I wouldnt do it

Think that in 20 years time when wow is long dead somebody is gonna ask you about that tat and are you gonna say with a straight face its from a long dead video game?

I know I will.

As for OP, go with a minimalistic symbol of your faction, or both if you prefer.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2015-06-17 at 03:57 PM.