10+ Year Old Account

Fallout 4 Graphics Settings Question

What do you suppose my PC specs would have to be to run fallout 4 on ultra. I want to be prepared for when it drops. It looks absolutely amazing but i'm not sure if my computer would be able to handle it. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue until we actually can play the game in some form.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Some description of what you have and especially your monitor's res would be helpful. 1080p is a lot less demanding than 4k or triple surround 3440x1440 (x3).

Something in the ballpark of a 4690k wt a GTX 970 class video card is probably a safe bet for ultra on 1080p.

The game looked pretty dated already from what they showed, and all 3A games have their graphics reduced before they launch from the first footage we get because of consoles(Witcher 3, Watch Dogs for example).

Graphics do make a game, it helps to immerse certain types of people. I can't personally get myself to play Fallout 3/NV because the games looks worse than Battlefield 2 from back in 2004. Plus Bethesda is pretty much the worst studio when it comes to animations, I already had Skyrim-like cringe flashbacks from the way the characters walked.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was originally going to be on the 360/PS3 but was pulled for those consoles. Chances are your current PC will do just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    What do you suppose my PC specs would have to be to run fallout 4 on ultra. I want to be prepared for when it drops. It looks absolutely amazing but i'm not sure if my computer would be able to handle it. :/
    Whats your pc now? I dont really think you have to worry too much as long as you updated it in the past 5 years

- - - Updated - - -

They already said they're scaling back on the graphics to allow complex systems
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Most people on PC are gonna want to use mods, in that case you're gonna need a pretty beefy PC, one with a lot of Vram. I don't think the furyx, or titanx will be enough once the modders are finished with fallout 4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    Most people on PC are gonna want to use mods, in that case you're gonna need a pretty beefy PC, one with a lot of Vram. I don't think the furyx, or titanx will be enough once the modders are finished with fallout 4.
    You're joking, right?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You're joking, right?
    Nope, unfortunately I'm not joking, when it comes making the game look as best as possible, while maintaining getting 60fp. For skyrim even the 980 can't use the best graphic mods without dropping to 30-40fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Nope, unfortunately I'm not joking, when it comes making the game look as best as possible, while maintaining getting 60fp. For skyrim even the 980 can't use the best graphic mods without dropping to 30-40fps.
    With uni tweaks and all the best graphical enhancements 8k+12k skyrim i think is the only game that can bring your system to its knees rq
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is a buggy non optimized mess on PC. I played the game back in 2011 and again in 2015 and nothing changed in bugs. No bug fixes in four years, but hey DLC. The MOD developers have to go through a lot of trouble to make their stuff work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but I simply disagree and think there is no way a 970 would struggle with Fallout 4 at all. Especially at 1080. I run Skyrim with over 50 mods, including RealVision (which is one of the best visual mods for Skyrim) and I never drop below -55 FPS. Skyrim is just not that demanding whatsoever. And this is on a single 970 SC.

And the claim that not even a Titan X can handle Fallout 4 with mods? Lol? You're just not thinking clearly.

Also, lol@ people claiming Skyrim is a buggy mess. I guess I'm just the luckiest person ever. The only bugs I've ever encountered were on the Xbox 360, and even then it was only one playthrough. On the PC, I've never encountered a bug, with over 500 hours on my Steam account. Not a single bug.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2015-06-20 at 07:33 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running an ENB and SweetFX, I'm running 4k texture packs, and on my "sad" little 780, I get 50-60FPS the entire game. Granted, the game crashes about every 30 minutes or so because it's so freaking buggy, but while it's up, it looks so freaking gorgeous.

FO4 is supposed to be on the next generation of the Creation engine, the successor to Skyrim's engine. One can only hope that it has been optimized better than their previous games, but I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Sorry but I simply disagree and think there is no way a 970 would struggle with Fallout 4 at all. Especially at 1080. I run Skyrim with over 50 mods, including RealVision (which is one of the best visual mods for Skyrim) and I never drop below -55 FPS. Skyrim is just not that demanding whatsoever. And this is on a single 970 SC.

And the claim that not even a Titan X can handle Fallout 4 with mods? Lol? You're just not thinking clearly.

Also, lol@ people claiming Skyrim is a buggy mess. I guess I'm just the luckiest person ever. The only bugs I've ever encountered were on the Xbox 360, and even then it was only one playthrough. On the PC, I've never encountered a bug, with over 500 hours on my Steam account. Not a single bug.
    Lol@ people who think ANYTHING Bethesda releases ISN'T a buggy mess. If you're playing the base vanilla game, sure, you MAY be able to make it through without a bug, glitch or crash. That's RNGsus for you. But for games that are purportedly mod friendly, the more mods you add, no matter how simplistic, the better your chances are of hitting bugs and crashes. This has been the case for everything, going back to at least Morrowind. You have to have been living in a cave, or I guess a blind fanboy, not to notice all the complaints online. Skyrim had a memory leak for a long time before they finally patched it. FO3 did too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Lol@ people who think ANYTHING Bethesda releases ISN'T a buggy mess.
    That's how we love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Lol@ people who think ANYTHING Bethesda releases ISN'T a buggy mess. If you're playing the base vanilla game, sure, you MAY be able to make it through without a bug, glitch or crash. That's RNGsus for you. But for games that are purportedly mod friendly, the more mods you add, no matter how simplistic, the better your chances are of hitting bugs and crashes. This has been the case for everything, going back to at least Morrowind. You have to have been living in a cave, or I guess a blind fanboy, not to notice all the complaints online. Skyrim had a memory leak for a long time before they finally patched it. FO3 did too.
    That's exactly what I went through with my second play through of Skyrim. I decided I wanted to play Skyrim fully modded with the help of these kind of YouTube channels. Everything from higher quality textures to lighting to boob physics. Hey, I'm a guy. And of course Ashbringer, which is something I can't get in WoW at least not anymore. Thanks Obama!

The more mods I added the more bugs started to happen. Things like quests wouldn't finish or I couldn't mine ore anymore. Well documented bugs the game has had which majority of the time to solve it requires a command. That's why I had a problem with paid mods cause there's no assurance that the mod won't break the game or another mod. Oh and Fallout 4 will allow PC mods on Xbox One. Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Oh and Fallout 4 will allow PC mods on Xbox One. Good luck with that.
    Fallout 4 will have a backup system that will copy your save file, when you install a mod incase it will break the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Fallout 4 will have a backup system that will copy your save file, when you install a mod incase it will break the game.
    That's not what I meant. I'm sure Fallout 4 will be more welcoming to mods compared to Skyrim. I doubt Bethesda could predict the massive community response with Skyrim mods. Even the Japanese are into Skyrim mods which is unheard for them to do so to western games. But the problem with mods is that they're unpredictable on system requirements. Xbox One is not a powerful console, and will likely be framerate issues and or ram/storage issues. Just look at the Ashbringer mod I linked. It has 4k textures which on Xbox One would probably murder it's DDR3 memory bandwidth GPU. A lot of mods require some pretty heavy duty storage as well, which Xbox One doesn't have a removable drive. Yea I know USB external drives but whatever. And there's Skyrim mods that need skse_loader.exe, which is pretty much all of them. You have to load skse_loader for custom animations to work properly. So you run that instead of Skyrim itself. I doubt Xbox One will allow such a thing.

As for the bugs, I hope they got their game engine mod friendly.

This is a can of worms but I do think Microsoft or Bethesda will step in and moderate what can and will go onto the xbox one maybe through Bethesda.net? Like they will just to prevent malicious mods made to mess with the consoles or any kind of malware.
    And hopefully we just won't need a script extender for fallout 4 I doubt it though I would like them to fix the big flaw they had in their engine for the past 3 games.

and as my random guess with nothing to back it up take what I say with a grain of salt I shall guess that if you can play vanilla witcher 3 at 60 frames without hair works I would think you would be able to play vanilla fallout 4 ignoring any game bugs game optimization or incompatibility of any kind software or hardware just fine or even more then fine great even.