Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Star Ocean 5

I loved how the combat was seamless

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...g-west-in-2016

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness will be released in North America and Europe sometime in 2016, Square Enix announced during its E3 press conference.

Previously, Star Ocean 5 was announced for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, but today only PS4 was mentioned. So it's possible that platform has been dropped.

The game is being developed by Tri-Ace. It's set on an uncivilized planet called Fakelead, 6,000 light years away from Earth, and the battle system will be seamless and take place in real-time.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I didn't really care as much for the Star Ocean games after Second Story (although I count Second Story as one of my favorite games ever). Still, this looks promising. Will be keeping an eye on it for sure. The seamless battle system looks really cool.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-06-16 at 06:47 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it looks a lot better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I only played til the end of time and I liked that one. Lots of games coming for ps4 soon might have to pick one up
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I'm glad it looks a lot better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
    Not a particularly high bar. I've always enjoyed the sci-fi/fantasy mix of SO, hopefully this one's good.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

My god. I can't wait for this and the fact that it is coming out this year in Japan means it's not that far off for us too. I've always regarded Star Ocean as one of my favorite series ever and SO3 is my favorite game from the PS2 era. 3>1>4>2 in my eyes. I really hated two because of the characters but it isn't that far behind four but at least that had an interesting world. The seamless battles is exciting. Part members follow you outside battles (breath of fire style) and I think that's how those "dynamic cutscenes" will play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    The atmosphere reminded me of Star Ocean 3 in the ps2. Really Looking forward for it. I am so excited I always been fan of the series I never ever get bored of the battle system of the series it's just too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18...m-box-edition/

The Premium Box edition features five-disc original soundtrack, “The Art of Star Ocean” art book, which features artwork from throughout the series, a DLC that lets you change the music to tracks from previous Star Ocean games, postcards, a Pangalactic Federation Certificate that features a unique serial number, special package, and a Miki figure. The whole set will go for 25,000 yen.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness will release in Japan on February 25, and other regions in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The Ultimate Box is now available for pre-order via the Square Enix e-Store in Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18...iore-burnelli/

During an ongoing livestream for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness special stage at Tokyo Game Show 2015, they introduced the green-haired girl with checkered clothes as “Fiore Burnelli.”

Fiora Burnelli (フィオーレ・ブルネリ) is voiced by Aya Endo, who has the voices of Akane from Ar tonelico III, Riela Marceris from Valkyria Chronicles III, Leanne from Resonance of Fate, and more. When asked if those are Fiore’s clothes or body paint, Square Enix revealed that it’s indeed her clothes.

Wow, I'd never seen the game play trailers before, but I really like the idea that you can have so many party members active at once.

Definitely a game I want a collectors edition release of!
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I really enjoyed Second Star Story for the PS1. One of my favorite parts of it was the cooking part of it, and I really liked the bloopers at the end. I didn't much like Star Ocean 3 for the PS2, though. I didn't even know they made a 4th one, but I will be keeping my eye on this one.

Can't wait for this to come out. Have always loved Star Ocean games.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/12...7-man-battles/

Square Enix recently hosted a live stream event for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, where they showed off a lengthy look at some gameplay footage, along with details on the upcoming game.

• There will be a fast-travel method in the second half of the game.
    • There’s a trophy for item completion.
    • You’ll get to craft items while out on the field.
    • There are three tracks for custom BGM of Valkyrie Profile included with the first-print bonus of the game.
    • The limited edition version has a product code to get custom BGM of past Star Ocean games.
    • Adjustments have been made to the following features from the build shown at Tokyo Game Show: “Camera sensitivity addition to option,” “Additional manual mode to target-change,” “cooldowns and item usage limit times have been reduced,” “adjustments to camera angles in dungeons and other narrow areas.”

This thread hasn't been updated in a while.

Japanese Release
    --A new release date for the PS3 version has been set for the 28/4/2016.
    --PS4 release date of 31/3/2016 is unchanged.

NA / EU Release
    **No release date has been given for EU and NA localizations yet, but it has been confirmed for a Summer release.
    **Dual audio has been confirmed for EU and NA releases, allowing you to change between Japanese and English audio and subtitles.
    **Next Star Log is scheduled for 12/4/2016.

Video of first English Star Log
    Last edited by Farath; 2016-03-22 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/22...mer-2016-west/

Square Enix announced earlier during their first English livestream for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness that the game is headed to North America and Europe in summer 2016 for PlayStation 4.

The above is a look at the “Star Log #1” livestream presentation, which starts at the 7:00 mark of the video. During the course of the presentation, we got the latest look at the game’s story trailer, along with the protagonist Fidel and heroine Miki. Additionally, Square Enix revealed that the western version will have Japanese and English voiceovers.

North American release date has been given an unofficial release date of June 28. A page was published on the Square Enix NA website earlier, before being taken down.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/star-ocea...-north-america

Nice, I hope the NA version is out that soon.

Call me cynical, but even for a JRPG, the character design and the clothes are godawful. No, I'm not speaking of the panty shot/not panty shot.

https://image.jeuxvideo.com/medias/1...re-d-ecran.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Call me cynical, but even for a JRPG, the character design and the clothes are godawful. No, I'm not speaking of the panty shot/not panty shot.

https://image.jeuxvideo.com/medias/1...re-d-ecran.jpg
    Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of some of the designs but I am not going to have something that trivial stop me from playing a Star Ocean game.