Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    HP regen chips, get a +6hp per second one and you will never need healing items again.
    True indeed! But if i'm not wrong, I don't think you will see those during Route A. I didn't see any at least. Took me until near the end of Route B before I saw my first Hp regen chip. I could have just not been paying close enough attention though.

Which btw, Got to Route C last night...Shit most definitely hit the fan, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    True indeed! But if i'm not wrong, I don't think you will see those during Route A. I didn't see any at least. Took me until near the end of Route B before I saw my first Hp regen chip. I could have just not been paying close enough attention though.

You can find them as drops or with a certain merchant whos deals are so great you will not believe how much you can save!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can find them as drops or with a certain merchant who's deals are so great you will not believe how much you can save!
    Are you able to get his shop before Route B?

I felt like I should have been able to, but I didn't get him on Route A...

Actually, while typing this I looked it up. He shouldn't appear till Route B.

But further reading says that the Auto Heal plug in should drop from small or large sphere enemies later in the game (towards the end of Route A and so on).

Are you able to get his shop before Route B?

I felt like I should have been able to, but I didn't get him on Route A...

Actually, while typing this I looked it up. He shouldn't appear till Route B.

But further reading says that the Auto Heal plug in should drop from small or large sphere enemies later in the game (towards the end of Route A and so on).
    Now that i think about it isn't Devola and Popala the first regen chips after you get Devola her beer for a quest and she becomes a store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that i think about it isn't Devola and Popala the first regen chips after you get Devola her beer for a quest and she becomes a store?
    Yup! The thread I read said that they will offer it. But it isn't something I could confirm from my experience as I didn't finish their quest and open the store yet >.<

Told ya
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Told ya
    In-freakin-deed!

I had the wrong impression about how the story is being told.

I figured all 4 times, I would be playing through the same story. I didn't realize that on Route C, that the story now continues from where it ended in both Routes A & B. However, I literally only started it last night, so Route C may tell the story in all new ways I have yet to experience.

All in all, this game is pretty perfect for me. I adore a game with a deep story, and I truly appreciate a story told in a unique way. I'm very happy I picked this up.

In-freakin-deed!

I had the wrong impression about how the story is being told.

I figured all 4 times, I would be playing through the same story. I didn't realize that on Route C, that the story now continues from where it ended in both Routes A & B. However, I literally only started it last night, so Route C may tell the story in all new ways I have yet to experience.

All in all, this game is pretty perfect for me. I adore a game with a deep story, and I truly appreciate a story told in a unique way. I'm very happy I picked this up.
    I would highly recommend Nier if you have a PS3, SE just did a reprint so its not scalper or 'collector' priced anymore and while the combats jank since its not platinum its got a better story and characters than Automata that carry that middling gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would highly recommend Nier if you have a PS3, SE just did a reprint so its not scalper or 'collector' priced anymore and while the combats jank since its not platinum its got a better story and characters than Automata that carry that middling gameplay.
    I actually do have a PS3 still! Unfortunately though, it does not play Discs =*(

I actually do have a PS3 still! Unfortunately though, it does not play Discs =*(
    One day it will get a digital version, in another 2 gens as a ps6 remake

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have insight on what the difficulty level is comparable to?

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Devil May Cry 1 but much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Can be a little tough in the beginning, but once you get a hang of the Plug In Chips, and have them upgraded pretty high, the game's difficulty declines.

In the end, I basically only had a few chips. Weapon Damage at 100%. Shock Wave +5. Crit 6% (While using the Ancient Overlord Sword at Rank 3). Offensive Heal at 50%. And Anti-Chain up to like 1-2 seconds.

My play style became no defense except the Anti-Chain. It gives you 1-2 seconds on invincibility after you have been hit. With the amount of weapon damage and crit I have, the offensive heal can heal about 1/4 of the health bar on a single crit, if not more. A few swings puts me at full.

This is not a setup I really recommend for early in the game. Early on, I would aim for Weapon Damage, Crit, Shock Wave, Max Hp, Melee Defense. Until you begin to out level, or be at equal level with anything thrown at you, it's a good idea to keep defense in mind.

Recently finished this after picking it up in the steam sale.

Easily my game of the year, probably the best game I ever played, period.

The music in this game is absolutely amazing. Entering the amusement park or the copied city for the first time just visually stunned me.

Its a shame its OST didn't get the recognition it did. Its easily the best this year, probably the best SE soundtrack since FFXIV or Bravely Second which is saying something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame its OST didn't get the recognition it did. Its easily the best this year, probably the best SE soundtrack since FFXIV or Bravely Second which is saying something.
    Don't worry I tweeted at J'Nique Nicole

Yeah I listen to the nier OST all the time. Can't tell you how many times I've had the conversation that everything being said is gibberish.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I listen to the nier OST all the time. Can't tell you how many times I've had the conversation that everything being said is gibberish.
    The most emotional gibberish I have ever heard!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Don't worry I tweeted at J'Nique Nicole
    I watched the Live Performance of this sound track on youtube, it was absolutely amazing!

So Nier Automata has sold over 2 million units and Square Enix is now saying it is 'now a significant franchise with plenty of brand potential'.

This is worrying.

Modern Square Enix is a burning trash fire of 'run it to the ground' brand exercises. We have all seen the consumer fatigue from the increasingly ridiculous "FFXV Universe" and every single time something does above expectations they try and make it their next 1990's era FF level brand to milk and it always leads to shitty games and burnout. They go from "This sold well we should make more" to "the core audience is too small, lets aim for wider market appeal" to "this didnt sell as well, clearly its not the changes we made but the interest just isnt there oh well thats a dead ip now, maybe a mobga gacha?" on repeat.
    Some sites are saying theres already plans for a none platinum sequel without Yoko Taro with SE saying its "the second nier game" which not only means higher ups dont know Automata is a sequel but that its technically the 5th game in the Drag On Dragoon/Drakengard series.

Nier is one of my all time favourites and i was pleased to get a sequel that i loved but, and i realise i probably sound hipster as fuck, i would rather see it left alone until taro had another idea. SE's brand milking has given me no faith in their ability to manage an ip as a brand anymore and this news only makes me extremely worried about them taking another beloved thing and ruining it.

I honestly wasn't holding my breath to see if we'd get a follow up to this one so eh, we'll see what happens.

Pretty common for big business to take something that did well for a specific reason, completely miss the point, and try to make money off it by systematically removing everything that drew people to it in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.