Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part is that as far as I understand in the sigital version you choose your side at a specific point in the story. How they intend to lock you into that afterwards even when making a new save but if they do manage ro do that it would be somewhat of an equivalenr to on-disk dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    The best part is that as far as I understand in the sigital version you choose your side at a specific point in the story. How they intend to lock you into that afterwards even when making a new save but if they do manage ro do that it would be somewhat of an equivalenr to on-disk dlc.
    Yeah I mean I was reading about this earlier and the plan in Japan was going to be different than in the states as far as what was DLC/story. Until things are finalized I'm not going to worry over it too much. But I don't really mind paying more money for more story as this game seems to have 3 different arcs going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I mean I was reading about this earlier and the plan in Japan was going to be different than in the states as far as what was DLC/story. Until things are finalized I'm not going to worry over it too much. But I don't really mind paying more money for more story as this game seems to have 3 different arcs going on.
    I don't either as long as I don't have to download multiple things or use different cartridges.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not all too worried as well yet but I just hate the concept of locking a story arc or even two behind a paywall when basicall all three of them could be inside the game files. I hope they don't pull anything of that sort

The devs made it pretty clear there is no bad or good side. Its more about siding with the adoptive family you know or the bio family you don't. I think i even remember themsaying
    that if you side with the adoptive family you lead a sort of internal revolution against your evil adoptive dad
    They also said that each story has its own classes, characters, and maps, and are totally unique past like chapter 6. So i can see why they are going with separate versions, but if that bugs anyone they can just pick up the deluxe version a little later for a bit more $.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The devs made it pretty clear there is no bad or good side. Its more about siding with the adoptive family you know or the bio family you don't. I think i even remember themsaying
    that if you side with the adoptive family you lead a sort of internal revolution against your evil adoptive dad
    They also said that each story has its own classes, characters, and maps, and are totally unique past like chapter 6. So i can see why they are going with separate versions, but if that bugs anyone they can just pick up the deluxe version a little later for a bit more $.
    I look at it is a great thing, more Fire Emblem to enjoy. Yeah it might get pricey but is it worth it? To me without a doubt it is yes.

Really don't like the multiple versions thing, and will echo the sentiment that I hope the US release is bundled...

... But yeah I'm gonna buy it anyway even if they don't... so, fuck.

I'm just glad this is on the 3DS, as if it was WiiU game...I'd totally buy a WiiU just to play this (I essentially only buy Nintendo systems for Fire Emblem these days, lol. The cross over game....looks more like a MegaTen game with some Fire Emblem bits stuck in, it's not enough to temp me to buy a WiiU (But it has Chrom in it....no shut up! No!)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Definitely looking forward to this game, can't be released soon enough. Did they say anything about amiibos possibly working with it? Have every FE amiibo so far. Would be awesome if you could add those chars as guest chars

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this game, can't be released soon enough. Did they say anything about amiibos possibly working with it? Have every FE amiibo so far. Would be awesome if you could add those chars as guest chars
    How have you obtained any amiibos never seen any of the ones I even want.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Yep amiibos are in, also Looks like marriages along with alternate reality children are in again

10+ Year Old Account
    Day fucking 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/18...-and-children/

Fire Emblem Awakening had a marriage system, which also unlocked children as playable characters in the game. The latest Japanese video game magazines reveal that Fire Emblem Fates will also bring back marriages and children.

Once you reach S-rank with a character, they can get married and also unlock children to join the party; however, the marriage matching will be restricted to a degree, but we’re not exactly sure how yet.

In the magazine reveal, there’s a girl named Kanna who is the daughter of the protagonist and the Maid Felicia. Kanna shares the same hair color as Felicia, too. Depending on the parents, the offspring will look different.

The magazine also shows a pairing between Tsukuyomi and Orochi. The child, named Shara, inherits her mother’s hair color, and she actually kind of looks like Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening. It looks like there may be more children looks in Fire Emblem Fates.

Fire Emblem Fates will release in Japan on June 25, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. The game will release in the West in 2016. Meanwhile, you can check out our earlier report to get a look at a couple videos showcasing the classes you’ll get from both versions of Fire Emblem Fates.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news and bad news inc:

http://kotaku.com/new-fire-emblem-ha...age-1713537258

"First, the good! Fire Emblem Fates is going to allow same-sex marriage. Because marriage is such an important part of the game, that’s a big deal! Nintendo tells Polygon “We believe that our gameplay experiences should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and, at the same time, we will always design the game specifications of each title by considering a variety of factors, such as the game’s scenario and the nature of the game play.”

If you want to play it (literally) straight, male-female married couples will still make babies, same as they did in Awakening. But if your male MC hooks up with a male partner (or female MC hooks up with a female partner), they’ll unlock special combat ratings."

No kids is a bummer but it obviously makes sense. Maybe in future Fire Emblem games adoption will be a possibility, but I'm happy with what we've got. Now, for the bad news:

"“Fire Emblem Fates comes in two different versions, called the Conquest and Birthright editions,” Nintendo told Polygon. “In the U.S., Conquest and Birthright will both be sold separately, as is already the case in Japan. For those who have purchased either the Conquest or Birthright edition, a third edition will be made available as downloadable content at a later stage. Details on how the three storylines will be made available in other regions will be announced at a later date.”"

They're selling the game in multiple editions, which I just find annoying.

I'm not really surprised about multiple editions. Goodbye Wallet I shall miss you. I just hope if you buy both of the versions that the 3rd version will be free instead of paid DLC though I am unsure if the 3rd version is free or paid DLC in Japan atm.

Unless it was faulty news, the source I read made it sound like you could only have your male character hook up with a male in one version, and a female character with a female in the other, something about it being two specific characters in general. I'll try to find it in a bit.

Found it- http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/883...ships-nintendo

"In the Conquest edition of the game, there is a male character that the game's player may have his/her male main character marry after they bond in battle. Similarly, the Birthright edition features a female character that a female main character may marry after bonding in battle. Both of the aforementioned characters can be encountered in the third edition of the game."
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-06-24 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Sounds like im getting the birthright one first XD yay for yuri
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I loved Awakening, I'll love this one too. I really dislike splitting the story up into two editions though, also gating it behind difficulty.
    ( ; , , ; )

If you buy one better get the others for free.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    How have you obtained any amiibos never seen any of the ones I even want.
    Living in sweden probably has a lot to do with it. The moment i see an announcement of new amiibos i go to my swedish online retailer and pre-order whatever i want. Got Palutena and ZSS today.

I have seen some troubled people in this thread and from what i have understood regarding game pricing (no source, was a while back) it works like this:
    Physical version contains the whole deal for a set price.
    Digtal versions are split up where both games together will cost close to the physical, meaning they won't make you pay 50$ per version.

As said, no idea where i got this from, but pretty sure i saw the pricing somewhere.