Thread: Ejected or not

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This being against the rules makes me less interested in baseball and softball and what not...

Second bitch should have avoided her, that's her damn fault. This is why chicks don't play real sports. Oh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    Also most Americans do know what hockey is.
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Lol the field is the same size that 10-12 year old boys play on that is comedic enough. Either way, if the catcher is in the basepath you can run them over i dont know how how they got destroyed like that when she barely even moved her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    I don't know how it works in high school softball, but in Major League Baseball the catcher is not allowed to block the plate unless he has the ball in his hands.

Further, saying the runner was "coming straight at her" isn't fair. See the white line at the bottom of the image? That's the basepath. The catcher is completely obliterating the runner's path to home plate, so much so that the runner is actually coming around from the side. That's an active attempt to avoid her, while still running hard and making the necessary step on the plate.

Could she have gone even farther out of the basepath and tried to sidestep a toe onto the furthest back of the plate to completely avoid the catcher? Possibly. The possibility doesn't justify escalating a situation that you caused yourself, though.

More importantly, if you look at the second time you see that there wasn't even that option. She completely blocks the plate with her leg, shuffles off and then elbows the runner. Big pile of nope.
    The rule changed a couple years ago(mostly because of Buster Posey) to the catcher isn't allowed to block the plate at all in the MLB.

Also, the second offence would have been an ejection in anything but the bushiest of bush leagues.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2015-06-17 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not really.
    What kinda twilight zone America do you guys know? Maybe if the statement was "Most Americans do not know Hockey's rules".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    No the runner did not "see it a mile away"
    I wasn't talking about the runner. She clearly didn't see anything, as she ran into a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So this was posted to my facebook the other day. Watch what the catcher does. Would you eject her from the game? I personally wouldn't cause I think it's awesome.

If I was her coach I would have cut her from the team. There is absolutely no reason to do watch she did other than purposefully trying to assault the other team cause you are butthurt over losing.
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2015-06-18 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to do watch she did other than purposefully trying to assault the other team cause you are butthurt over losing.
    As far as I can tell, the team of the girl who did the elbowing was winning 4-1 at the time of the elbowing, so I'm guessing there was no "butthurt over losing" going on. They did lose 4-6 in the end, though, so I guess she didn't use her elbow enough.

Or, you could say that thanks to those two elbows, the Falcons (the team of the girl who got elbowed) got pissed off enough to win. So they should thank her for throwing those elbows.