Anyone play World Of Tanks?

Anyone play world of tanks? If so what is your current favorite tank and what is the tank you disliked the most?

My current favorite is the KV-85, working down the IS line and the 85 is doing pretty well for me.

Least favorite is the M3 LEE, currently driving this cause I'd like to try the tanks after but I normally only play til I get my x2 win cause I don't like it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did play but now prefer Armored Warfare

I'm really considering buying into the early access of Armored Warfare

My favorite tank is the e-50m. <insert whatever arty is shooting at me here> for least favorite.

E-50M always looked interesting to me, I'm up to the VK30.02M in that line. I think I will be going for the E-50M next.

its a nice tank in all, but it's not meta. so if you plan on doing clan wars you're better off getting something else.

My clan doesn't do clan wars, or much of anything lol. I'll probably look for a new one soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm still waiting for them to announce something about world of warships. i want my BATTLESHIP FIX DAMMIT. i'm honestly amazed there isn't a single game about battleships out there. NO THE TERRIBLE BATTLESHIP GAME BATTLESHIP IS NOT ABOUT BATTLESHIPS AND THEREFORE DOESN'T COUNT.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I've looked into World of Warships some. Mainly just videos on YouTube. I put in a request to test it but didn't get picked which wasn't surprising lol. But I will also try that when it comes out.

I have recently started playing World of Tanks recently. I am going down the USA tank line first.

I went through both M3 Lee grinds. I got the T1 heavy first not knowing that it is was a whale with a BB gun. Thankfully I stuck with the M3 Lee long enough to get my M4.

My favorite is my M4 with the derp gun. (105mm I think)

My least favorite is the M6. Same whale as the T1 but with a bit more HP and higher tier games.

I will most likely never use the M3 Lee agian. Tank destroyer controls without the TD firepower. And the inaccuracy!

I used to but the insane grind and ridiculous matchmaking really pushed me away from the game...which is odd as I moved to War Thunder (although that was when the grind was a hell of a lot less than it is these days). Now with War Thunder ground forces I don't think anything could convince me to go back to WoT even though I rarely play the tanks in WT.
    Their air game (World of Warplanes) was absolutely abysmal so I'm not holding out too much hope for World of Warships, I'll probably wait for War Thunder naval arm to be released (and the eventual World War mode).

I have played WoT for quite some time, it was actually the game that truely got me away from WoW without hesitation. From a PvP perspective it's an improvement in many regards. But WoT doesn't kick off properly until tier 6. Tanks like the cromwell, hellcat and t150 really stand out from everything before them. Some tier 5 vehicles can be said to kick off the enjoyment too, but there aren't as many.

As for my favourite vehicle? Quite a few, but the IS-7 really has been the tier 10 tank of choice if I just want to have a solid game. With the buff to its aimtime in the recent patch the IS-7 became even better. For overall fast-paced gameplay with a good gun I would say the Object 140 is the tier 10 of choice. It has such a low profile and decent mobility that it's difficult to not enjoy.

WoT is a good game for your PvP fix if the concept of BG's in WoW and similar types of gameplay is your thing, but until you reach tier 8 it can be a bit hit and miss depending on what nation or tank-line you went for.

Also, you really shouldn't compare War Thunder to World of Tanks, the two games are very different. War Thunder has a more realistic approach (although that can not be said for the powerslides in arcade mode). Most prominently the shell-interaction with tanks when you fire, how penetration works. That bit is a lot more realistic than WoT, but also a lot more random. If you want fast-paced, more arcade-like action WoT is a better bet with more room for error. Both games place great emphasis on map-awareness and positioning.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-06-17 at 11:38 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

7+ Year Old Account
    A fun game with a couple of friends and whiskey!

Favourite tanks... hmm.. Bat-Chat, AMX 13 90, T-54, Object 140. Also FV304 (in a platoon of 3 )

I'm a drive up behind you and shoot you in the ass kinda guy

It was the game that kept me away from MoP, enjoying playing on off-days from WoD though as always.

It's gets good from tier 5, and the most fun tanks to play are 5-8, whereas tiers 9 and 10 can be really annoying and costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuteh View Post
    A fun game with a couple of friends and whiskey!

Favourite tanks... hmm.. Bat-Chat, AMX 13 90, T-54, Object 140. Also FV304 (in a platoon of 3 )

I'm a drive up behind you and shoot you in the ass kinda guy

It was the game that kept me away from MoP, enjoying playing on off-days from WoD though as always.

It's gets good from tier 5, and the most fun tanks to play are 5-8, whereas tiers 9 and 10 can be really annoying and costly.
    Yea, about this: if you intend to play tier 10 and 9 you most likely need a premium account during heavy sessions or a premium vehicle. The premium vehicle I would recommend would be the IS-6, at tier 8. However, if you want to keep it free, your best bet is tanks such as the Panther I, T67 (prior to the Hellcat), KV-1 also used to make a good amount of credits. Basically any tank with a low-cost ammunition and repair. The panther I is probably one of the best bets at tier 7 for making credits. There's also the StuG and Jagdpanther which might make some decent credits. But I am not sure I would recommend turret-less vehicles for farming credits.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good discussion, but this is in the wrong forum. Locking it.

There's a megathread in the video game forum on WoT, so bump that up if you'd like to discuss the game further.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...World-of-Tanks

Also, if you're looking to make a thread, they have a list of megathreads that are open for different games:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...EATING-THREADS