Deleted

Question Can you help with this possible build?

Hello all,

I've been thinking about getting a few new parts and upgrade my computer but, to be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to hardware so I'd ask for your help. I'm not willing to buy parts that are a lot more expensive than the ones I presently which to buy since budget is limited.

What I'd like to keep that I currently own:

RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX 4GB 512M x 64-Bit DDR3-1600
    GPU: MSI Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E
    PSU: Corsair CX-430W 80PLUS Bronze Certified

What I'd like to buy:
    CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black
    CPU: AMD FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3GHz 16MB SKAM3+
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD990FX SKAM3+

Can you give me some help\tips? If you have any suggestions to better components at similar prices or anything at all, I'd appreciate.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2015-06-16 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Somehow deleted half the last sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    What CPU/Board do you have right now? What's your actual budget?

Also, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Currently I own a M4A78LT-M mobo and a AMD Phenom II X6 1075T CPU.

My budget is at about €500 maximum (currently expecting to only replace motherboard, cpu and case).

Sorry, didn't realize I posted it on the wrong forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where would you probably be ordering from? I'm not sure what stuff ships well to Portugal.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I will be buying at a local store called chiptec http://www.chiptec.net/ . Their prices, from my calculations, are roughly what I'd pray ordering from amazon UK if I count the shipping fees too (plus its much easier to get repairs or replacements since i can just drive there).

10+ Year Old Account
    At that price point, you're MUCH better off picking up an Intel 4690K, a decent Z97 board (I used the MSI Z97-G43), and a cooler. I picked the CM Hyper 212 Evo, but the Noctua ones are nice but twice the price. They don't have BeQuiet in stock. It comes out to 456 before shipping. The intel will perform a great deal better than the 8370.

Deleted
    I currently have a CM Hyper TX3 as my current case couldn't fit the Hyper 212 Evo (a bit taller).

So, following your suggestion do you think this final build would work decently?:

Board: Msi Z97-G43 Intel Z97 SK1150
    CPU: Intel Core I5-4690K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) 6MB BOX (w/ CM Hyper TX3 cooler)

(Thanks again for all your help btw)

Edit: Do you think it would be able to handle some of the upcoming games like Fallout 4, Mass Effect or Doom 4? Or would I need to up my budget?
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2015-06-18 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I currently have a CM Hyper TX3 as my current case couldn't fit the Hyper 212 Evo (a bit taller).

So, following your suggestion do you think this final build would work decently?:

Board: Msi Z97-G43 Intel Z97 SK1150
    CPU: Intel Core I5-4690K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) 6MB BOX (w/ CM Hyper TX3 cooler)

(Thanks again for all your help btw)

Edit: Do you think it would be able to handle some of the upcoming games like Fallout 4, Mass Effect or Doom 4? Or would I need to up my budget?
    Why not go with a current gen GPU?

I would not get a Corsair CX PSU and not really sure I'd get one with such low wattage either, especially not with an AMD GPU. The 430 may be enough, but does not leave any headroom at all. A 520W is generally the smallest I recommend, only if they are on a really good deal though. 550W is generally what most look at for single GPU rigs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why not go with a current gen GPU?

I would not get a Corsair CX PSU and not really sure I'd get one with such low wattage either, especially not with an AMD GPU. The 430 may be enough, but does not leave any headroom at all. A 520W is generally the smallest I recommend, only if they are on a really good deal though. 550W is generally what most look at for single GPU rigs.
    I'm sorry, could you give an example of a "current gen CPU" so I can see what you mean? I'm honestly very out of the loop when it comes to hardware.

The PSU is the one I currently own (only 2 months old) as I had to replace my old one (PSU, GPU, RAM are components I already have). If my calculations are correct this build would require 300~350W at most so wouldn't this 430W PSU be able to hold it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'm sorry, could you give an example of a "current gen CPU" so I can see what you mean? I'm honestly very out of the loop when it comes to hardware.

The PSU is the one I currently own (only 2 months old) as I had to replace my old one (PSU, GPU, RAM are components I already have). If my calculations are correct this build would require 300~350W at most so wouldn't this 430W PSU be able to hold it?
    GPU, not CPU. The one you listed is an R7 260X. The R9s are current gen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    GPU, not CPU. The one you listed is an R7 260X. The R9s are current gen.
    I'm sorry, tired eyes, misread you.

Yea, eventually I will replace my GPU, the R7 is the one I currently have, not a new acquisition.