Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is this guy an idiot? (context inside)

http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story...ubbo-teenager/

The story is old now, but for the purpose of the topic it will suffice. I draw your attention to the part of which reads who injured recently in a train accident.

Obvious grammar error aside, "accident" is not a valid statement in my opinion. The truth of the story is such; he was out with mates one night and wandered into where he shouldn't have, decided to jump onto a stationary train, only to have said train start moving which resulted in him being thrown off it. Long story short, he got part of his leg sliced off. The end. This was by his own admission too.

He has been called an inspiration and other things, blah blah. Yes he is no longer able-bodied, but an inspiration? I don't think so. Of his own free will he chose to jump onto that train. The consequences are, in actuality, his own fault.

Someone who more appropriately fits the description of inspiration is my friend who was born without the use of his legs to begin with. Even with this disability, he hasn't let it stop him pursuing what he wants and having fun while do said pursuits. Now to me, THAT is inspiration!

Not this wanker who almost got himself killed. And yet I got insulted on social media because I pointed it out. Wow, talk about hypocrisy or some-such.

Thoughts anyone?? o.O

Its from a website called daily liberal, i dont think its a good source, and if you're attacking it, i think its pointless to attack a biased source.

Do you have a source on the accident's details? They're not in the link and for all we know, you're making them up.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Neither are. You either deal with the hand you are dealt or you dont. And if you dont, then that's life.