10+ Year Old Account

Guild Halls trailer! And Pre-order is LIVE!

Dulfy notes from the livestream:

• Entire map your guild gets to own.
    • Map gets owned by Jungle dragon and enemies first. Your guild need to capture the map.
    • Customize, personalize, and decorate.
    • You can form guild teams to complete in pvp leaderboards and world leaderboards (new feature).
    • New guild portal to guild missions.
    • Can build different buildings within the map.
    • Combat Arena – combat sandbox you can duel with each other or invite other guilds to duel. You can customize it, put traps etc.
    • Guild workshop – New guild crafting profession.
    • War Room allow you to build tools to help you in WvW. Can call airships to defend a castle in WvW for example.
    • Pre-sale for HoT will start very soon and pre-purchase will guarantee you access to beta weekends.
    • Pre-purchase for HoT starts now!

Pre-purchase FAQ https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/...e-Purchase-FAQ
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-06-17 at 02:59 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Here's the unboxing of HoT!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why is there no option to purchase the expansion without the core game? I already have the vanilla GW2; I don't want to pay for it again just to get the expansion. Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    More information on Guild Halls from ZAM:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=36174

And more from Massively Overpowered:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/16/e3...n-guild-halls/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2015-06-17 at 03:31 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Quite interesting. Will likely be buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Here's the unboxing of HoT!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why is there no option to purchase the expansion without the core game? I already have the vanilla GW2; I don't want to pay for it again just to get the expansion. Am I missing something?
    Basically you can't buy the core game anymore after HoT comes. It is pretty much the same thing they did with the EotN expansion.

I wish they added a character slot, especially with a new profession introduced.

Yeah, that's annoying. I have a free one already open but for players of the base game with all 5 slots filled, it is basically another $10 to play a Revenant.

They way they should have done it, if they wanted to box the core+HoT together, is make it so that if you apply it to a pre-existing account, you get an extra character slot, otherwise, you don't. The same way they handled additional campaigns in GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another interview article, this time it's MMoGAMES with Colin Johanson:

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles...per-interview/
    Valar morghulis

Eh. I dunno at this point. I might wait for the game to go on sale for like three dollars or whatever those sales go for. The game has been pretty lackluster for a while and this new design in HOT is just uninteresting.

Don't feel any desire to really reward Arena.net with a purchase personally.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    They way they should have done it, if they wanted to box the core+HoT together, is make it so that if you apply it to a pre-existing account, you get an extra character slot, otherwise, you don't. The same way they handled additional campaigns in GW1.
    That would have been good, but I already tossed aside some gems for a new slot in anticipation of them not agreeing with us on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Eh. I dunno at this point. I might wait for the game to go on sale for like three dollars or whatever those sales go for. The game has been pretty lackluster for a while and this new design in HOT is just uninteresting.
    I just want more areas, and so far it seems pretty limited.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."