Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Holograms Everyone Can See Exist?

So after seeing the demo for the hololens and knowing it can only be seen by the wearer of the goggles I had questions about real holograms. I also watching a video of a hologram that requires a single users eyes to be tracked. i got curious. Do actual holograms visable by a group or crowd of people to be seen simultaneously exist? And im not talking about steam jets either. Has technology managed to develop actual holograms visable by a crowd or are they all only visable by a single person or with parifirals on the eyes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbrFmPBV0Y

tupac hologram at cochella. no glasses needed to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Deleted
    are plasma cannons real?

There are holograms created by mirrors, but they can only be seen from certain angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanzer0 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbrFmPBV0Y

tupac hologram at cochella. no glasses needed to see it.
    im sure it requires mirriors. Doesn't work like the ones you hope for after seeing them in movies

Deleted
    what about warp drives

Deleted
    why is it called invincible if you can see it

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    im sure it requires mirriors. Doesn't work like the ones you hope for after seeing them in movies
    yeah i definitely requires mirrors but the audience doesnt need glasses
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Interesting. I would regard it in the same way I regard the phrase "I'm just saying what everyone is thinking", in that the phenomena in question does actually exist, to each individual, before being brought into a spectrum of perspective that is more easily understood in mass by the human senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    So after seeing the demo for the hololens and knowing it can only be seen by the wearer of the goggles I had questions about real holograms. I also watching a video of a hologram that requires a single users eyes to be tracked. i got curious. Do actual holograms visable by a group or crowd of people to be seen simultaneously exist? And im not talking about steam jets either. Has technology managed to develop actual holograms visable by a crowd or are they all only visable by a single person or with parifirals on the eyes?
    There are never going to be holograms like in the movies. Our visual perception is based on visible light bouncing off of objects. You can't bounce light off of nothing.

The closest I have seen to what you describe outside of the 2d projections that appear at concerts and what not was this one thing a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G10bzatpuFc

But its not really practical, this little tiny one probably takes a shit ton of power and makes a lot of noise. I don't even want to think about the power needed for a larger one. Not to mention the noise... It would probably sound like a jet engine. Not even exaggerating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I don't even want to think about the power needed for a larger one. Not to mention the noise... It would probably sound like a jet engine. Not even exaggerating.
    Then it will be a big hit on space stations spinning mirror in vacuum and zero g then you can increase the number of rotation without problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    are plasma cannons real?
    Yes but not for large use, only in labs.

Deleted
    I think with the current technology level, it's better to equip everyone with google glass or something similar and use Augmented Reality for the holograms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blind people cant see them. So no.

Static holograms are easy to make (for science), its just that mostly they aren't made as art or to be viewed but as optical parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Michal Jackson Hologram was the best I've seen so far...

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think the Michal Jackson Hologram was the best I've seen so far...
    GEMA'd

These things are quite neat, but this here

Is quite impressive. I guess you can do something similar with just water particles. But I doubt it will ever work with at least something to use as a medium for projecting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    GEMA'd
    ProxTubed =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    You realized that requires glasses right? Well the hololens headset thing.

What you see on the video is through the camera, but the audience couldn't see it live. They had to watch it on the big screens.