Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    You could, uhm, eat less. Instead of a 6 pack, maybe 3 if by not using them they will become more "expensive".

Does anyone know if margarine is included or not?
    No quantity is healthy.

And yes, stick margarine is included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Manufacturer's shouldn't have choices.

A lot of the food we eat has the ingredients obfuscated with brand names, trade secrets and misnomers. This is literally the reason why we need government: the food industry knew it was unhealthy, but did it anyway because money.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I won't weep any tears for this.

Maybe they'll get the % of maximum added sugar intake placed on nutrition labels labels now if the sugar lobby wasn't in the deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Manufacturer's shouldn't have choices.

A lot of the food we eat has the ingredients obfuscated with brand names, trade secrets and misnomers. This is literally the reason why we need government: the food industry knew it was unhealthy, but did it anyway because money.
    It's why I think every libertarian should read The Jungle like the FDA people have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Hell your country still has no real health standards on how much antibiotics can be put in animal feed and you are surprised by this?
    Well, one has a ton of data backing it up about the negative impacts on health, while the other does not. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but the evidence isn't there yet for the FDA to legislate changes.

This transphobia needs to stop. As a fat person trapped in a skinny persons body, I am so sick fed up of cis scum mocking my very existen....wait, just read the OP, my bad. Seems fair enough. I hope the backlash from the food industry can be contained and overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post

Maybe they'll get the % of maximum added sugar intake placed on nutrition labels labels now if the sugar lobby wasn't in the deep.

- - - Updated - - -

It's why I think every libertarian should read The Jungle like the FDA people have to do.

LOL @ % added sugar.

Seriously though. There's other things such as starches that your body can break down into glucose much easier.

Wheat flour is more sugary than sugar for example. The amelopectin in it is a pinwheel of glucose molecules that is easily broken down (digestive enzymes break the "hub" and boom. Sugar.)

Whereas with refined sugar it's 50% fructose by mass which your body has to separate and process through your liver before it can be used by your cells.

Potato starch is another bad one.

The point being refined foods in general tend to be terrible. People need to steer away from them in general.

To say that sugar is bad but refined wheat flour or potato starch /white rice etc. Isn't is just completely false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wasn't margarine supposed to be the healthier alternative to butter only to be the complete opposite?
    Yep, and the same with diet drinks. Total failure of advertising. Which is supposed to be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Yep, and the same with diet drinks. Total failure of advertising. Which is supposed to be illegal.
    This isn't really true, there isn't any real science linking artificial sweeteners with health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Diet drinks are healthier.

And I assume you actually mean misleading advertising is illegal, because failing advertising is not illegal, it's just bad business.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post

Had to link this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Diet drinks are healthier.

And I assume you actually mean misleading advertising is illegal, because failing advertising is not illegal, it's just bad business.
    False advertising is indeed what I meant. And diet drinks are not healthier. Most negative effects are shown to be even with their regular versions while risk of metabolic syndrome including weight gain, heart disease, insulin resistance, and eventual diabetes are higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    Well, one has a ton of data backing it up about the negative impacts on health, while the other does not. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but the evidence isn't there yet for the FDA to legislate changes.
    Well that's because they purely look at the end product, while in europe we look before that. It has been proven however that by adding antibiotics to animalfeed that you do introduce highly resistant bacteria that can't be cured.

This is good news. That shit is straight poison and serves no nutritional benefit.