Deleted
    I'm sure my opponent liked the brawl where he got to play Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, Violet Teacher and Gazlowe. Me, not so much.

Deleted
    Turn one raven idoled a microbot against paladin.

No other minion was played bar an enraged wargen which got sniped.

Stomped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yeah but come on, how hard can programming something like Hearthstone be? We're not talking World of Warcraft here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You cannot say I would be personally surprised, you don't know me.
    You presented yourself as believing that programming something like Hearthstone can't be very hard. If it indeed turned out to be very hard, it is a logical conclusion to come to that you would, in fact, be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I wonder if the "Quest with friends" week includes being able to knock out the Brawl with a friend?
    I can confirm that playing Brawl with a friend this week does NOT reward a pack nor 'victory' (meaning, after leaving the challenge screen, and going to Brawl, it displayed my victories as zero, despite winning against my friend). It did, however, continue to let me finish my 'Win 2 Games as X Class' quests against my friend in Brawl.

This random brawl has more pros than most of the other random brawls, but it has more cons imo. You can technically come back from being behind in board control, but if you're behind you're usually going to lose since all of your reactive plays essentially reduce your mana for that turn by 1*(whatever amount of idols you have to use to fish for a spell/minion answer). Also, if you're aiming to get a spell to get an answer for a troublesome board or single target it usually isn't enough because the best strat to use when ahead is just keep discovering more minions that again forces the opponent to waste idols/mana trying to pull another spell threat.

I have had some okay games, but many more bad games.

Very first game yesterday was against this shaman. I was playing on the train from work (so not the greatest internet connection) and I disconnected for a few seconds at the end of my turn. When I got back on it was my opponent's turn and when it was my turn again the 'fun' began. From that point on (maybe turn 3 or 4) my opponent literally roped me every single turn. I don't know if it was because when I got d/c that my end turn button didn't go through & inadvertently roped him one turn, spurring on some immature rope rage revenge the whole game, or if they spontaneously decided to troll me at that point because the game was going good for him. Now I usually have enough time to do about 2 or 3 games during my commute time (depending on how fast or slow the games are), but because of this douche roping me over the course of probably 15 or more turns the game lasted over 30 minutes. I was probably going to lose but with this brawl you never know. However, due to how long this guy made the game last I just had to get off my device once at my stop, so I got rope trolled forever and didn't even get to finish the game.

Had a game today where this Druid was playing relatively aggressive with his discover minions until I was able to heal back up and gain board control. I keep trading minions with my big minions vs his little ones and the board looks like this. Opponent has 2 or 3 cards in hand, 14 health, Knife Juggler, and 3 druid treants. I have Antonidas and another minion on board, 2 fireballs in my hand with a bunch of minions and spells, an upgraded Justicar mage hero power, and 18 health. I'm going to win next turn whether he kills Antonidas or not. Of course my opponent gets Savage Roar for one of his discovered spells for an exact lethal.

And just so you guys know you pretty much win if you get Troggzor, assuming you're not too behind in health or board control.

I managed to get Fandral Staghelm out onto the board without my opponent killing it immediately. Next turn, 4 Raven Idols filled my hand with options.

This Week's Tavern Brawl is: Randomonium! (Again)

"An encounter at the crossroads... under a manastorm! Choose a class, get random cards. Each turn your cards' costs are randomized!"

... Yay for easy dailies!

Hate these super random ones. And can they learn to build good decks? I'm playing Lock now and have Mad Scientist in the deck...WTF

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Hate these super random ones. And can they learn to build good decks? I'm playing Lock now and have Mad Scientist in the deck...WTF
    There's no "learning" involved; random is random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    There's no "learning" involved; random is random.
    Blizzard random.

Finished off a Win 5 Brawls quest pretty easy with Paladin, 2 wins by turn 3 from dropping insanely early Tirion haha. Best was a turn 2 concede when I played both Tirion and Sylvanas with a coin.

Pack had Nat Pagle in it, disenchanted and crafted Antonidas. Fun fun.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Never been much of a fan of this brawl, as its name says its just to random that requires almost no skill at all. Atleast its a lot quicker than the Raven Idol brawl, but that brawl required a lot more skill with a bit of luck. I won my first game pretty quick for the pack and I might only revisit for dailies, got a second golden Twilight Drake atleast.

Let's be dead honest here. You can either have a very random brawl or one that requires 'skill' and ends up with 1-3 clearly superior & overpowered heroes/decks. Take your pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    My opponent just dropped 2 x 1-mana Ragnaros + coin + 1-mana Herald Volajz on turn 2 for a 32-damage OTK.

Top that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good game, good brawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    My opponent just dropped 2 x 1-mana Ragnaros + coin + 1-mana Herald Volajz on turn 2 for a 32-damage OTK.

Top that.
    I just imagined that and laughed a bit. Not even mad.

I would've added them and would've whispered "That was amazing. I'm not even mad"
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2016-07-28 at 07:09 PM.

Kinda wish they'd just put up a sign sayign "We couldn't come up with a brawl this week so have a free pack" than these random pieces of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Oh joy, another week of "the opponent gets perfect card combos out of the entire randomness of the deck/cost vs my absolute shit draw every match"

I always question why there's so much negativity towards randomness when it's a separate game mode from Standard/Wild, and where there's literally no consequences from conceding.

I embrace the random. Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    and where there's literally no consequences from conceding.
    You lose the game when you concede.