This Week's Tavern Brawl is: ShiftCon!

Swap stories with fellow shifters at the tavern's Shifter Convention! Choose a class. We'll fill your deck with Shifters and spells [Note: you start with 3 mana].

Not a brawl that I like as its to heavily dependent on whoever gets the better cards, but since I got the TB daily I forced myself to make some progress. In my first match my opponent curved with cards like Ogre Brute, Flamewreathed Faceless... and some other shit that doesn't matter as the Flamewreathed was stomping me while I couldn't do anything. My pack wasn't that bad atleast, got 150 dust out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people's brains are frying on this one cos my opponents are taking so damn long. Mildly frustrating when you've got a "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" quest to clear within the next hour.

There's not exactly a lot to think about.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm playing an arsehole roping every turn, guess he's having a bad day.

Really tired of having long games that I lose during this brawl because I have no idea what crazy thing to expect for my opponent to blow me away with. Sure, it might be fun a game or two, but having it happen for almost half the night you have to play gets really old really fast.

EDIT: Like getting rekted by a an Antonidas wielding warlock. Such skill you took that game bro.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-10-20 at 04:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I think people's brains are frying on this one cos my opponents are taking so damn long. Mildly frustrating when you've got a "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" quest to clear within the next hour.

There's not exactly a lot to think about.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm playing an arsehole roping every turn, guess he's having a bad day.
    Actually I take a lot more time with turns during Shifters than I do with, say, Crossroads - mostly because what is in my hand this turn won't be the same next turn, and each turn I need to re-evaluate my hand

Do I want to play this minion? Or do I want to hang onto it and hope for something better? What will be the most efficient play?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Good to get quest done. Got improved Cloaked Huntress during my run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Actually I take a lot more time with turns during Shifters than I do with, say, Crossroads - mostly because what is in my hand this turn won't be the same next turn, and each turn I need to re-evaluate my hand

Do I want to play this minion? Or do I want to hang onto it and hope for something better? What will be the most efficient play?
    Eh I only buy that for players so far. It will get to a point that if you don't play something then you'll just end up too far behind in regards to face damage that you'll most often lose anyway. If my opponent has two 4+ attack minions on board & my shifters give me a 6/6, 4/4, 2/3, 2/2, & 5/5 (for a simple example) the best choice is obvious and doesn't need much strategizing. If you don't play anything you will simply lose as almost any other play will be too slow to save you.

This Week's Tavern Brawl is: Captain Blackheart's Treasure!

"The Captain left treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you! Each turn, open a chest of three random cards and choose one to put in your hand!"

waits for the inevitable complaints about how long it takes

No heroic brawl this week? Guess this brawl is fine, won as a priest using Paletress in the late game while I had Belchers to protect her. Though it can take pretty long to complete, might not be so ideal to complete dailies. Another crappy 40 dust out of my pack, its been so long since I got a classic legendary Q_Q

Easy brawl. Play for the late game, not at the moment game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a Sea Giant out on turn 5 which he Keeper of Uldamaned into a 3/3. Then I Recombobulated it into a 10/10 and he left the game.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No heroic brawl this week?
    Heroic Tavern Brawl Potentially Delayed Until After BlizzCon

Dreadsteed is broken as fuck.

Decklist:

- Knife juggler.
    - Darkshire councilman
    - Sense demons
    - Mortal Coil
    - Flame Imp
    - Nerubian Egg
    - Dark Peddler
    - Runic egg
    - Dreadsteed
    - Iron beak owl
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-11-02 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Changed Villager for Runic egg

This week's Tavern Brawl is: Yellow-Brick Brawl!

Each player is given Dorothee, which grants Charge to minions on one side and Taunt to the other. Build a 10 card deck and we'll give you three copies of each.

... Yeah, Dreadsteed should be banned from this Brawl...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This week's Tavern Brawl is: Yellow-Brick Brawl!

Each player is given Dorothee, which grants Charge to minions on one side and Taunt to the other. Build a 10 card deck and we'll give you three copies of each.

... Yeah, Dreadsteed should be banned from this Brawl...
    I still don't have a Dreadsteed to date. Maybe I should craft one.

But sounds like it's just gonna be dreadsteed after dreadsteed. Might try Grim Patron and see how that goes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I still don't have a Dreadsteed to date. Maybe I should craft one.

But sounds like it's just gonna be dreadsteed after dreadsteed. Might try Grim Patron and see how that goes instead.
    Doesn't work. Dreadsteed on charge fill the board and reduce their health to 3/1 then kill each one of them. It just feeds the darkshire councilman/flesh eating ghoul.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Doesn't work. Dreadsteed on charge fill the board and reduce their health to 3/1 then kill each one of them. It just feeds the darkshire councilman/flesh eating ghoul.
    Oh, I'm not talking about to counter Dreadsteed, I'm talking about in general.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Is Mass Dispel the answer here perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrahan View Post
    Sure but it doesn't really work on other decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrahan View Post
    Light's Champion for sure. Seems pretty mandatory to me. That, or Spellbreaker for flexibility.