Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Make sure in your settings it's set to "High" and not Auto..
    Checked and done before testing.

Also, how long are you letting it run? It always starts at a low res and works up to the higher ones as it buffers.
    A few minutes just to be sure.

Though... your "Buffer Bitrate" is your max... That should be 3000 or 5800, not 1750...
    Yeah for some reason the max is 1750 no matter what I do. Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S, gives me the bitrate options:

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    There you have it, a reason not to suggest Win7 anymore to anyone.
    And FWIW, the app really is neat at giving you DTS, 5.1 et c, so no reason to get a console either (yes, while I do exaggerate, I do know people who got the newest consoles as Netflix machines. Apparently the Microsoft announcement talk about "TV/media" did struck home to some).

The only thing that sucks with the Netflix app is its interactions with alt-tabbing on a solo-monitor setup (ie most TVs) due to how Win8.1 handles apps. Half/half is the least bad situation I've been able to find, but video just look horrible like that. Black bars like no tomorrow. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notarget, I honestly think that it might be a region thing at this point..

Er, just to be clear... are you on the 1 Device plan, or 2 Device plan? There actually (At least in US) is a "1 Screen, SD" plan, and a "2 Screen, HD" plan, and a "4 Screen, Ultra HD" plan.

HD = 720/1080 and Ultra = 4k
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    2 plan device with HD and yeah I've tried a bunch of things, all locked to 1750.

I'm gonna call my ISP tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ok it's definitely a (dumb) region throttle.

Just tried loading it with this Chrome Extension:

Proxy for Netflix Free

and I instantly got 3000, I was first thinking of using a paid DNS but this one works for Chrome at least. For IE and 1080p I'd have to use a DNS service.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all learned something today!

...maybe not something we wanted to, though >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    We all learned something today!

...maybe not something we wanted to, though >.>
    That we finally found a reason to upgrade to windows 8 after windows 10 is going to come out?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    That we finally found a reason to upgrade to windows 8 after windows 10 is going to come out?
    Over my dead corpse that'll happen.

Win 10 ... maybe but NEVER Win 8.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Over my dead corpse that'll happen.

Win 10 ... maybe but NEVER Win 8.
    I haven't either, still going to have to play with a 10 before I do anything. If it has any of the tablet shit, probably not. Only reason I would think about doing it is DX12, but if it is anything like the DX11(fuck you microsoft), I won't have to.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose