10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Beyond good and evil seemingly canceled

http://kotaku.com/things-are-looking...l-2-1712011175

Creator Michel Ancel started his own studio in 2014, but was apparently still tied to Ubisoft in some ways. This left some hope he was creating his new game, Wild, and Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Since Beyond Good & Evil 2 didn’t show up at anyone’s press conference, the wait began for someone in the press to ask Ubisoft about the game’s status. It’s an annual, depressing ritual.

The latest news came from GameSpot news editor Tamoor Hussain, who briefly talked about the project during a video about the then-upcoming Ubisoft press conference.

“I did some investigating on this,” said Hussain. “I wasn’t able to confirm this [for a news story]. I’ve never talked about this before. The problem I had was [that] it didn’t become a news story because I didn’t corroborate it enough to get it out there. But I’ve been told it’s been abandoned—in a big way. The studio has moved on. The key people from that studio that were making it moved onto other projects outside of Ubisoft. Like I said, I might be wrong on that, but I had enough of it to chase that small lead.”

Soon after, IGN reportedly spoke with Ubisoft senior VP of sales and marketing Tony Key, who said the company would “love to do another one.”

I say “reportedly” because IGN soon took the article down for reasons unknown. The cached version is still up. The article’s author, Mitch Dyer, hasn’t commented on the article’s disappearance, nor has IGN.

Ubisoft did not respond to my request for comment.

When asked about Ancel, Key seemed to confirm suspicions the developer wasn’t working on it.

“So he’s [Ancel] a busy guy right now,” said Key. “But no...He’s got things going on and I can’t really comment on his bandwidth. I know he’s very busy. We still work with him on things.”

It may be time to move on, Beyond Good & Evil fans.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, maybe it 'll be on Kickstarter in 10-15 years? Was really looking forward to the game as the first was one of my favorite Gamecube games.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Thats sad
    I loved Beyond Good & Evil

It was a cool game back then.

But honestly, it's probably better this way. Any day with one less reboot, "remaster", prequel, relaunch, remake or sequel is one day closer to a healthy gaming industry from a creative point of view.

Deleted
    ...and nobody cared.