Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    or something else that is related to economy.

Want me to write up a whole list of counter-arguments so we can stop this petty semantics argument?
    Except it's not related to economy. It's that our infrastructure can't support it. No matter how much money we throw into it we wouldn't magically get better infrastructure fast enough to handle it.

Deleted
    To be fair, it's not like it's easy for individuals in general to hide their bias. Especially when discussing politics.
    Not easy you say? Almost impossible, imho.
    Which is why I personally find it annoying when someone tries to hide it (and make a bad job at that).
    I prefer people who are more straightforward and do not try to hide their ideas behind politically correct extremization.
    Being too blunt is one thing, hipocrisy is another. There's a whole lot of shades in between and I think you can be tactful while still being straightforward and not trying to hide your ideas behind the hipocrisy of the politicallycorrect extremization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Except it's not related to economy. It's that our infrastructure can't support it. No matter how much money we throw into it we wouldn't magically get better infrastructure fast enough to handle it.
    You've got to be fucking kidding me...

You know infrastructure (especially the one you're speaking of) is directly linked to economics, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So out of the entire country an almost fraction of a fraction of a percentage
    I think you might want to go back to school.

Deleted
    You've got to be fucking kidding me...

You know infrastructure (especially the one you're speaking of) is directly linked to economics, right?
    So what? We could have infinite amount of money and it would still be a problem at this exact moment, because you can't build fast enough to improve the infrastructure. Time is the limitting factor. We could've handled this if we had built a lot quite some years back, but we didn't.

Why don't you block immigration if the problem is serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No party wants to block it, very few people actually want to block it. Most want a lower rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I think you might want to go back to school.
    What do you think that the 4.4 of the country total makes migrants anything more than a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the population of sections of Sweden besides the a few main cities?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    What do you think that the 4.4 of the country total makes migrants anything more than a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the population of sections of Sweden besides the a few main cities?
    I don't think you know what fraction means. If they make up 4.4% of the population, that's not a fraction of a fraction.

Deleted
    So what? We could have infinite amount of money and it would still be a problem at this exact moment, because you can't build fast enough to improve the infrastructure. Time is the limitting factor.
    Halting immigration only sweeps the issues under the rug. If we are to deal with the housing crisis in the proper way we require reforms to make the construction process faster and easier.

No party wants to block it, very few people actually want to block it. Most want a lower rate.
    Then why don't they do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not immigration, the problem is where the migrants are coming from, same with Australia, same with Canada, the same with the U.S and just about anywhere else, if certain migrants are seen as being specifically useful or, they are almost considered NEED not apply, without the chance to earn their way up, and if you are a refugee forget it.

Deleted
    Like with housing, it only sweeps the problems under the rug... as I'm always saying in these threads, bad integration policies is the problem and no decrease of immigration rates will ever fix horrible integration policies.

Deleted
    Halting immigration only sweeps the issues under the rug. If we are to deal with the housing crisis in the proper way we require reforms to make the construction process faster and easier.
    You mean like the right-wing parties wanted to do? Reduce the requirements of the standards on building? No thanks.

Also, I thought this topic was about the silly sitcom with the same name.

I am disappoint.

Deleted
    Then why don't they do it?
    'Cuz Sweden is a "humanitarian superpower". It's gone to their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what fraction means. If they make up 4.4% of the population, that's not a fraction of a fraction.
    A fraction (from Latin: fractus, "broken") represents a part of a whole or, more generally, any number of equal parts. When spoken in everyday English, a fraction describes how many parts of a certain size there are, for example, one-half, eight-fifths, three-quarters. A common, vulgar, or simple fraction
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraction_(mathematics)

And regardless to whatever wording you want to get hung up on, doesn't change the fact our of 9 million people, the grand majority are not imposed upon by 4.4%, it's silly notion.

The only problem Swedes of have a problem have with immigration is with other Swedes, and their basic grip has nothing to do with imposition, it's a made up perceived oppression of a group of migrants that make up 4.4% of the population.

Slightly off-topic but how serious this housing problem? I was considering Sweden for PhD.

Deleted
    You mean like the right-wing parties wanted to do? Reduce the requirements of the standards on building? No thanks.
    Then stop whining... because the housing crisis will not be solved because we take in less immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Also, I thought this topic was about the silly sitcom with the same name.

I am disappoint.
    Why? The show sucks. :/

Deleted
    Slightly off-topic but how serious this housing problem? I was considering Sweden for PhD.
    Pretty fucking bad. If you're to get an apartment in Stockholm, as an example, you could wait for decades. It's better in the rural areas, but in the populated areas it's bad.