Archimonde Trinket Question (combat)

So I was just wondering if anyone can answer why the proc is what it is?
    I don't play a rogue but my guild mate is saying its the most retarded shit ever so yeah whats your input?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only way I can see it be useful would be in a fight where a mob is tanked farther away from blade flurry range, you face toward the ranged target and follow your normal rotation and the blade hits the mob far away, the hellfire council fight comes to mind. Idk, its not BiS for combat and thats just an assumption on how bliz wants combat to use it. I think they coulda came up with a better (more useful) idea than that imo

Deleted
    It´s still a flat (67.52% on normal) damage increase to evisc without the ranged component, so I guess you could look at it as some odd niche bonus?

The ranged component could be useful if you ever use Shuriken Toss I guess.
    I did at one time contemplate going ST with Combat on Maidens, when our comp had issues getting the turrets down in time, as I could provide some damage on the turret and still BF cleave on the maidens, trinket effect could have helped out a bit in that situation.
    I never did try it out though.

I haven't looked at the new fights, but maybe there´s a place for the now somewhat buffed ST talent and this ranged component to eviscerate?
    Given that ST does not advance bandits guile though (as far as I can tell?), I dunno how viable it could hope to become.

Thats pretty much what I figured. Atleast theres other godly trinkets to choose from

Deleted
    At the beginning of the 6.2 ptr ST was buffed and theorycraftler found out that it does more damage then sinister strike i think?
    Once you reached deep insight you could leave melee range and use shuriken toss and ranged eviscerate

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    At the beginning of the 6.2 ptr ST was buffed and theorycraftler found out that it does more damage then sinister strike i think?
    Once you reached deep insight you could leave melee range and use shuriken toss and ranged eviscerate
    Did he take into account SS also got a flat damage increase?
    A ranged throw doing more damage then our main cp builder sounds funky..