Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Oh christ, no one is "stopping" gun rights. Drug testing on welfare is a waste of everyone's time, and it is completely a political tool for red states in their local elections. This comes full circle with the dehumanization of blacks and other minorities, giving the conservative base of the republican party something to chew on.
    Yeah, because there are no whites on welfare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Before my mother passed away she was on disability...since forever. A combination of heart disease, diabetes, OI, and gallbladder issues left her unable to walk in the last decade of her life. She hadn't been able to hold a job since her 20's as no one wanted her liability on their payroll. She is an example of permanent government assistance. She would never, ever be able to a productive member of society, but she did manage to give birth to one - me.
    And you shouldve been the one to be taking care of her, just as she did you when you were a kid, not me through my taxes

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Sometimes I am just appalled at your generalizations. You seem to hate pretty much everyone not you. It's very sad.
    dem' druggies are evul, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Maybe we can just skip straight to the part where we give them a yellow star.
    A brown star symbolises those dirty poorers ways better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because there are no whites on welfare
    Are you fine with Hunger revolts in a first World country and starving children?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I wonder how Orlong would react when some western countries start to introduce a basic income, it'd be entertaining. I hope he is still around then.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you shouldve been the one to be taking care of her, just as she did you when you were a kid, not me through my taxes
    *sigh*

My mother didn't raise me and I didn't live with my parents as a child.

Social welfare is a obligation of everyone who can contribute, including you. It is not right to leave people to die, unaided, because you want to be selfish. Without social welfare, without programs to assist, I wouldn't have had anywhere to live after my parents left me at that police station. I wouldn't have been able to meet the right people that helped launch my career and made me into the man today who can contribute back to social welfare through my own charity contributions and taxes. Now I put my partner through school and support him the same as the state supported me when things were hard.

I get that you're probably just pretending to believe this utter shit that you post in order to get a reaction out of people but sometimes it cuts deep when people have experienced the very things you deride as unnecessary or wasteful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    piss tests include prescription drugs. if you take those it will test as positive and you will not get welfare.
    If you have a prescription you get off the hook

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than give them a card at all, they should be given vouchers like they do for the WiC program where it tells you exactly what product and brand you get. That way they arent buying things that arent nutritional as they are supposed to do, hence the name of the program (Supplemental NUTRITION Assistance Program), not the Mountain Dew and Doritos procurement program
    Tut tut. You want the government to pick the winners in the economy by telling who the SNAP users what brands to buy? That seems contradictory to, well, damn near everything you've said on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

If you have a prescription you get off the hook
    Can't be a junkie with a prescription. Got it.

It's super funny considering Florida has an issue with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we ban them from eating poppy seed bagels and bread? Or my Hungarian deserts too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those documents arent worth the paper they are printed on. Nobody is going to do anything to the US for not following them except complain about it. The Constitution doesnt say anything about welfare being a human right
    It does, however, have a lot to say about presumption of innocence and reasonable search and seizure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.