Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New champion The River King.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/

So looks like the next champ will be the King of catfish. It'll be interesting to see how his kit revolves around the river.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2015-06-18 at 04:45 PM.

It can't revolve around it too much. His kit still has to be able to work in the other 3 maps.

Here is his teaser video, he looks creepy as hell and I love it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It can't revolve around it too much. His kit still has to be able to work in the other 3 maps.
    It probably has some interaction, atleast I think that would be awesome.

And besides who cares about the other 3 maps? SR is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    It probably has some interaction, atleast I think that would be awesome.

And besides who cares about the other 3 maps? SR is where it's at!
    Maybe a hidden passive where he goes underwater like rek sai no benefit/risk but some cool visual effect to give him a better feel.

i wonder how much in common he's going to have with skarner

10+ Year Old Account
    confirmed to have a slow on his Q, no knockup, true damage, or execute, and has 3 passives in his kit

Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    confirmed to have a slow on his Q, no knockup, true damage, or execute, and has 3 passives in his kit
    Actually his passive is that you have to let him in. Which means he makes a pact with you like Kalista. Therefore whoever he makes a pact with must get something like extra 10% damage in exchange for 25% of all the gold you make. He eats people like skarner and seems to have some range to it.

Confirmed Skarner/Kalista/Blitzcrank hybrid gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Actually his passive is that you have to let him in. Which means he makes a pact with you like Kalista. Therefore whoever he makes a pact with must get something like extra 10% damage in exchange for 25% of all the gold you make. He eats people like skarner and seems to have some range to it.

Confirmed Skarner/Kalista/Blitzcrank hybrid gg
    Source? Or are the last two posts just troll speculation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yosef's post is correct. Its designer (Daniel Z Klein) posted a bit of info on Reddit / Twitter.

Deleted
    Creepy and interesting at the same time. I like the teleportation he can grant to his (usually bot-lane) ally. Combined with Rek'sai, Twisted Fate and Pantheon, they would make for a scary mobile/backdoor team.
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2015-06-23 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this character. His kit looks kinda uninspired. And his ult is basically a T.F. ult OPed rip-off
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So this was the champ they designed for top lane...

This better not mean no more top lane champs for a while, because he isn't going to be a top laner. This is obviously a champion that will see a lot of support and jungle play. And as always they will eventually start balancing him to be a support just like Karma, Annie, and Zyra.

Sure if he is broken he can be taken top lane, but in the end they'll be balancing him as a support.

Also why do they just copy mechanics from past few champions like it's going out of style? We had the part where for 3-4 champion releases they all had knockups and now they need invulnerable mechanics like Ekko and Kalista R. Wonder what their next phase will be.
    i'm putting my money on the eating mechanic they put on him as well. Although you classify it as an invulnerable mechanic it is slightly different and more robust. We will see though. It's kind of sad that some of the best supports (low elo) were once mids or top laners. Granted That the champs they designed to be supports are still viable and some are still very good, they don't become game changers like the new era of supports is going. Where early damage with cc/poke snowballs a lane and you end up with a 2nd ap carry with cc capabilities. Take Annie for instance (designed to be a mid laner fyi). She has all damage and a passive stun and turns into a huge monster from just the base damage and utility she brings and then becomes unstoppable once fed.

What role is this guy? Top?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori156 View Post
    What role is this guy? Top?
    Support is his best role imo, but he can top aswell (maybe even jungle and mid). The W is such a huge playmaker for a support, so he's really good in duo lanes.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he's support, he can ult-dive his carry to midlane for teamfights, or for rapidly taking towers (what's the range on his ult?).

Imagine if bot was pushed up but you don't want to overextend - and both are healthy - a creep wave is about to hit top tower - suddenly there's a Tahm/Sivir top and your tower is gone before you can react.

Alternately, think about what he can do for map presence. If Tahm/Sivir back just before a teamfight or a dragon, they can back - buy - and ultimate right back to the lane/objective - absent only a few seconds from the front lines. Tahm Support can turn an already apex lane pusher (like Sivir) into a nightmare of map presence.

Combine that with other Teleport champions like Susan/Trynd/Vlad top, Shen/Nocturne jungle, and/or TF mid - and you have a team that's constantly advancing, lane swapping, and teaming up - without the trade-off that usually entails. Every single teamfight for the enemy team is suddenly at risk of having a warhost of baddies magically appearing - and it mitigates any lack of team strategy (Bronze-ness) in that even if anyone is out of position for a battle - lack of vision to anticipate enemy engages/objectives - no worries, just teleport in

A team that's good at octopusing - advancing their lane and then flanking the adjacent lanes - could make a right mess out of that kind of added mobility for a bot lane pair. I see it, I like it
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-07-09 at 05:19 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Guys, guys!

Ohh my fucking god do I love this champion. I normally never do this but... First ranked game. I instalock Tahm Kench support. I had so much fun that game it was unreal. I had a semi-fed Victor as mid laner who would have terrible positioning or get caught out constantly. But I'm like NOPE and eat his ass and carry him to safety. Last team fight I ulted into their backline with Victor taking my taxi service. He one shot Jinx, I ate him to be safe and then my team could just clear the rest as the biggest threat was gone. We won.

I'll say it again. I. Fucking. Love. Tahm. Kench!

On a more serious note. I like him better as support then I like him top. I don't know. I feel he has more impact in a duo lane than on the Island that is top lane. Even though I nom nom'd the top laner several times.

Deleted
    Just played against an AP/Health MIDLANE Tahm. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. He takes absolutely no damage whatsoever and deals fucktons of damage. Throwing a minion on your ass hurts a lot, MASSIVE slow on Q which hurts a lot. At this point he can just walk up to you and eat you if he wants, which again, hurts A LOT. Getting a jungle gank and killing enemy mid basically means you can insta-ult any other lane for a free double man gank again.

Fuck it. I'm playing this shit midlane.

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of builds are you guys going with?

I'm tempted to get him some attack speed from something - just so he can build up his tongue combos faster - that seems really essential.

Static Shiv or Wits End possibly? It's a weird choice for a support - but more tongues, more Tounges of Damage

Also how does Spirit Visage healing work with his passive? Would it be a 20% stronger shield?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Honestly, I don't really see him as a support. Most other supports bring more then him. The only thing good is his devour, which seems more of a teamfight thing to me. And is better to use in any other lane as quite hard harass. Same for his ult, sure it's funny, but seems to be more useful to use mid in conjunction with your jungler for fast double ganking.

That or I have no clue how to support as him. It's just that I do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with practically any other support. Mages included.