Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[DPS] Hellfire Citadel Discussion

Shadow Guide - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32818700
    CoP Guide - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oP-only-6-2-3)
    Exorsus Raid Tools - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools
    HFC Cheat Sheet - http://imgur.com/a/N2IP5

Go to Talents: Desperate Prayer or Angelic Bulwark, Angelic Feather, Twist of Fate, Cascade
    Go to Glyphs: Vampiric Embrace, Reflective Shield, Fade or Restored Faith

Go to talents AS: Mindbender
    Go to talents CoP : Insanity with RoW, Mindbender without

Talents/Glyphs per Boss

Clarity of Power

Hellfire Assault
    Recommended: Yes
    Talents: Insanity
    Glyphs: Normal Set

Iron Reaver
    Talents: Normal Set

Kormrok
    Talents: Insanity (even without RoW if struggling on hands), Halo > Cascade if you can game it.
    Glyphs: Restored Faith

Hellfire High Council
    Recommended: No

Killrog Deadeye
    Glyphs: Mind Blast

Gorefiend

Iskar
    Talents: Insanity, Spectral Guise (Duck chakhrams)

Socrethar

Tyrant
    Talents: Spectral Guise/Phantasm Spectral lets you dodge Annhilating Strike, Phantasm removes the snare from edict.

Fel Lord

Xhul

Mannoroth
    Recommended: No (If needed to help burn down imps, yes, however you won't be doing much)

Archimonde
    Recommended: No (Yes if 1 doomfire strat)

Auspicious Spirits

Hellfire Assault

Iron Reaver

Kormrok
    Talents: Halo
    Glyphs: Restored Faith

Hellfire High Council

Killrog Deadeye

Gorefiend
    Recommended: No (if on Spirits on mythic, yes)

Iskar
    Talents: Insanity, Spectral Guise (Duck chakhrams)

Socrethar
    Recommended: Yes (If no class trinket)

Tyrant
    Talents: Spectral Guise/Phantasm Spectral lets you dodge Annhilating Strike, Phantasm removes the snare from edict.

Fel Lord

Xhul
    Talents: Normal Set (Spectral Guise if on chains, cast as your speech bubble pops up to avoid it)

Mannoroth

Archimonde

EDIT: Reformatted the entire thing as a basic overview of talents and when to use what.
    EDIT2: Been Awhile since this has been updated.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-04-18 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Mythic updates and updated formatting.

Any chance you could change those titles to have Priest in them. I know it's the Priest forum but I assume a lot of people like myself use the Recent Threads on the front page more so than direct forums. I also still want to see class-specific content, so disabling Priest stuff is not really an idea.

I put in the request, we'll see if it happens.

Added BiS lists and first week talents.

Well...if you want to preform sub-optimally be my guest.

Any suggestions to BiS list / talents let me know.

Also, here are talent suggestions for 4pc t18 as far as heroic goes.

This is based on PTR heroic testing. Will update after clearing on live if I feel like something else is better.
    Last edited by Naux; 2015-06-22 at 08:33 PM.

I'll take a look at it tonight after work. Can't really view wowhead here.

Thanks for the BiS list, it looks like exactly what I expected. Get crit everywhere possible. I am pretty excited to have upwards of ~36% crit raid buffed, should make Auspicious Spirits insanely fun

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    Any suggestions to BiS list / talents let me know.

Also, here are talent suggestions for 4pc t18 as far as heroic goes.

This is based on PTR heroic testing. Will update after clearing on live if I feel like something else is better.
    I'm now how from work and got a chance to look. I think some of the talent choices are going to be dependent on the raids strat, time will tell. As for the BIS list, AS looks fine however for CoP idk if I would go with Repudiation of War, if we end up moving towards a CoP w/ MB build rather than insanity it would be rather useless. Unless that is of course that it's applied by the iniital and subsequent ticks of MF, then I think it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I'm now how from work and got a chance to look. I think some of the talent choices are going to be dependent on the raids strat, time will tell. As for the BIS list, AS looks fine however for CoP idk if I would go with Repudiation of War, if we end up moving towards a CoP w/ MB build rather than insanity it would be rather useless. Unless that is of course that it's applied by the iniital and subsequent ticks of MF, then I think it would be perfect.
    Simcraft results are showing CoP insanity + RoW is still best :/ I don't think CoP + mindbender will be a thing.

Maybe i was looking at my results wrong but the 4pc bonus wasnt working for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfcuj47onv...Simc.html?dl=0

That's the t18 CoP sim page, I'd upload the html to a website if I had one. Just DL and open with your browser.

I find that interesting, granted that's a patchwerk fight.

I ended up simming light movement with MB and Insanity and the results were pretty close. Only a 2k difference, however what I do find surprising is the difference in uptime between the two.

Insanity - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H...ew?usp=sharing
    Mind Bender - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H...ew?usp=sharing

I redownloaded the most newest alpha again, and now it works.

Either way it's for irrelevant bosses in the grand scheme. AS will be the choice of spec for the important progression bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    Either way it's for irrelevant bosses in the grand scheme. AS will be the choice of spec for the important progression bosses.
    True, but i was really hoping when I play CoP that I wouldn't have to dotweave.

Eh Gorefiend heroic is CoP. Add priority is the job and CoP is the only one who can do it and then consistent DPS during Soul Harvest/Feast (whatever it's called) too.

Add's shouldn't be living long enough for AS to be viable at all.
    Last edited by Naux; 2015-06-24 at 05:01 AM.

Yeah agreed, i tried and killed it as AS on normal and i felt useless in the belly. Gonna do CoP for heroic tomorrow. I'll update the OP with talent choices at some point between tonight and tomorrow. I went AS for Iron Reaver as we're still learning there is quite a bit of movement that makes CoP not as desireable for me. I pulled decent DPS with it and would highly recommend AS when you're learning fights if you have the gear for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Posted up suggested talents and general strats. I should be able to get the videos up tonight, just doing some editing on them and they'll be good. Some of the fights will be on normal because once we got to iron reaver they had me swap to Heals.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-06-24 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    So far, an excellent raid for Shadow, plenty of cleave/multi-target stuff and a couple of fights that work well for CoP.

Why would you play insanity in fights where you advise to get AS if you have the 4piece bonus always up with mindbender? Also in multi target fights you will never channel that much insanities to get value out of this talent. Why would you play cascade on fights like iron reaver?
    Last edited by Cromatus; 2015-06-24 at 10:53 PM.