Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    I'm going to tell lighto you said that.

Grats on Tyrant and make sure to cheese blackholes with Locks!
    If we only had more than one lock.....if any come Xhul progression time. xD

I'm trying to get a HOTW bear DPS profile working in simcraft to look at relative stat values for different fight lengths, so basically trading off haste/crit for shorter fights vs multistrike/BA for longer. Simcraft seems to be not dealing with HOTW correctly. For example comparing a 56 second LFR archimonde kill with 56 second sim, my real average fbite is 438k, in simcraft it's 78k. Bear form abilities look right, 43k real mangle 39k sim. Has anyone else attempted this, or otherwise know what I might be doing wrong? Here's a rough simcraft profile (not optimized at all, just trying to get the APL working):

druid="Casa_Active"
    origin="https://us.api.battle.net/wow/character/laughing-skull/Casa/advanced"
    thumbnail="http://us.battle.net/static-render/us/laughing-skull/7/79450631-avatar.jpg"
    level=100
    race=tauren
    role=dps
    position=back
    professions=engineering=700/leatherworking=700
    talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Ub!1220102
    glyphs=maul/survival_instincts/stampeding_roar/travel/grace/one_with_nature
    spec=guardian

optimal_raid=1
    override.bloodlust=1
    bloodlust_time=0.1

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=pickled_eel
    actions.precombat+=/cat_form
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_attack
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/heart_of_the_wild
    actions+=/berserk
    actions+=/use_item,slot=finger1
    actions+=/use_item,slot=trinket1
    actions+=/potion,name=draenic_armor,if=(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.berserk.remains>target.time_to_die &trinket.proc.all.react)|target.time_to_die<30)
    actions+=/bear_form,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.down
    actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains<1
    actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points=5
    actions+=/shred
    actions+=/maul
    actions+=/lacerate,if=ticking&remains<1
    actions+=/mangle
    actions+=/lacerate,if=!ticking
    actions+=/thrash_bear,if=!ticking
    actions+=/lacerate

head=hood_of_unknowable_secrets,id=124260,bonus_id=565/567,gems=50mastery
    neck=world_enders_gorget,id=124222,bonus_id=566,enchant=75mastery
    shoulders=bloodtanned_pauldrons,id=124271,bonus_id=567
    back=drape_of_gluttony,id=124146,bonus_id=564/566,gems=75mastery,enchant=gift_of_mastery
    chest=tunic_of_the_soulbinder,id=124245,bonus_id=562/567
    shirt=yellow_lumberjack_shirt,id=41251
    wrists=manacles_of_the_multitudes,id=124280,bonus_id=562/567
    hands=oathclaw_gauntlets,id=124255,bonus_id=567
    waist=waistwrap_of_banishment,id=124276,bonus_id=567
    legs=oathclaw_leggings,id=124267,bonus_id=567
    feet=jungle_assassins_footpads,id=124252,bonus_id=567
    finger1=sanctus_sigil_of_the_unbroken,id=124637,bonus_id=638/650,enchant=50mastery
    finger2=zakuuns_signet_of_command,id=124203,bonus_id=567,enchant=50mastery
    trinket1=mirror_of_the_blademaster,id=124224,bonus_id=566
    trinket2=soul_capacitor,id=124225,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=xutenash_glaive_of_ruin,id=124378,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_blackrock
    Last edited by Casagrande; 2015-11-19 at 06:13 PM.

I don't use simcraft, but shouldn't the pre-pot come after "snapshot_stats"

Looks like it should, yeah. But that doesn't seem to have any impact on the simulation, just the stats listed on the results page.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Looks like it should, yeah. But that doesn't seem to have any impact on the simulation, just the stats listed on the results page.
    HOTW doesn't correctly multiply your agility by 2.5x as it should.
    That's the reason the sims can't be done basically.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on crit vs. multistrike? I noticed that Sejta, Jello, et al. have switched to crit gearing. How do they compare for HotW?

Crit is better for HOTW since a crit shred = 2 combo points and a crit FB = way more damage. Burst wise nothing compares. Multistrike is nice since you get some damage and a big health pool is very nice for certain fight. If you are progging I would stick to multi.

I'm waiting till full upgraded gear with VP and my guild solidifying a more speedkill strat for archi before I switch.

Sorry for make this " basic question" but the roation for burst dps Hotw is this ?:

Pre pot armor
    Hotw
    Berserk
    Spam shred 5 cp
    Bite
    Repetea spam and fb

If its all, why i dont have enought burst? because dont have a good stats for make good dps? I see some druids swithc to crit build, but i think that is for ppl has 14/14 m , in progress i think you need more survival ( ms and ms ) over critic, im right ?

Don't armor pot. Agi pot anytime you use HOTW.

Stealth > Pre pot > shred > hotw/zerk/ring > shred to 5 > FB at 25 energy > shred to 5 CP > FB at 25 energy > shred to 5 CP > FB at 50 energy(zerk probably fell off is why) > repeat till HOTW is off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Thoughts on crit vs. multistrike? I noticed that Sejta, Jello, et al. have switched to crit gearing. How do they compare for HotW?
    You want to stack Crit > Haste gear for dps.

I thought multistrike was the best dps stat? I'm guessing crit and haste is only for heart of the wild dps

MS is only slightly better than mas for dps but just as good defensivly if not better based on the fights dmg. Crit/Haste do get WAY better due to HOTW though.

Deleted
    That feel when like 4 wipes on Archimonde mythic with sub 0% or whatever the DBM thing was, closest was 900k.

Any tips to maximizing DPS?

I use the things in my signature.

Could use seed instead of warlords eye, reflects the damage instead of just negating it and also has pretty awesome mitigation, I used it on M Archi. Could also use blademaster but don't blame you for not using it on prog depending on your strat and healers and externals etc etc.

I see you have Dream of cenarius... You can definitely squeeze a HotW during p3. Prob best to use it at the start since there are no infernals to taunt and no source of chaos? I Haven't tanked P3 much... That would've been your 900k easily right there... otherwise yeah, you could switch trinkets. Probably switch anzu for blademaster, as the eye trinket is really good for deathcallers. If you're not tanking deathcallers the eye is probably useless and you could be better off with the seed or double dps trinket as archimonde's melees feel unthreatening to me.
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2015-11-22 at 09:33 PM.

I found Dream of Cenarius somewhat useful when tanking boss+deathcaller at same time. Yeah I don't find boss melees very painful so anzu isn't required.

Deleted
    Well we got it down.

Didn't do too badly, got an 79% rating even with my other stuff but I highly suspect its due to gear upgrades more than anything else.

My co-tank though got number 1 as monk which is nice, though he used a DPS trinket.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyuben View Post
    well we got it down.

Didn't do too badly, got an 79% rating even with my other stuff but i highly suspect its due to gear upgrades more than anything else.

My co-tank though got number 1 as monk which is nice, though he used a dps trinket.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    nice!!!!!!!!

So we're three tanking Xhul. Paladin on green add. DK on other adds. Me on purple add. Main problem right now is holding aggro given the taunt swaps. Purple add spawns then casts wither so he's far as hell from me but I still have to taunt swap. Any tips or recommendations? I was thinking of talenting incarn just to have taunt have no CD for that first part so I can pick up the purple add reliably.

Misdirects and faerie fire. Don't blow your taunt on Omnus. Ask your cotanks to lay off him until you've established threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    Misdirects and faerie fire. Don't blow your taunt on Omnus. Ask your cotanks to lay off him until you've established threat.
    So the way I'm planning right now...

Xhul - Paladin tank
    Green Add - DK
    Blue add - Me

I just swap with paladin tank on void strikes while the DK just solo tanks the green add right? Or should the green add tank and main boss tank swap?