Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Gloves + Legs for the standard Multistrike build.
    Shoulders and legs if you have archi M gloves. But ye you start off with Gloves and legs.

And if you want to tryhard dps you go 0 set bonus like me

I guess I'll drop a quick question here, just in case I'm way off base and/or retarded. We're working on mythic Manno, and I'm currently using Guardian of Elune as my max level talent, since it allows me to 100% dodge every glaive thrust. Is this wrong? I've tried it with bristling fur, and aside from the VERY small room for error to get both the glaive and MB to be mitigated, it just felt like the combo of both abilities hit harder. Plus, I hit a Cenarion Ward right after i eat a massive blast to heal back to full super quick.

Additionally, up until tonight we've been 3 tanking this fight. Tonight, due to some roster issues, we're going to give 2-tanking a shot. Are there any tips or non-obvious pieces of information you guys have for tanking the add?

Both are worth it, but i prefer GoE. BF's 3s duration is pretty short to cover everything, even with 1 GoE savage defense i dont always cover the last attack (I reserve 2 SDs for the combo) Using 2 SDs with GoE is probably more reliable than using B.

As for 2 tanking, make sure your dps destroys the doomlord quickly, theres one in p2 which can give you trouble with it's timing otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    I guess I'll drop a quick question here, just in case I'm way off base and/or retarded. We're working on mythic Manno, and I'm currently using Guardian of Elune as my max level talent, since it allows me to 100% dodge every glaive thrust. Is this wrong? I've tried it with bristling fur, and aside from the VERY small room for error to get both the glaive and MB to be mitigated, it just felt like the combo of both abilities hit harder. Plus, I hit a Cenarion Ward right after i eat a massive blast to heal back to full super quick.

Additionally, up until tonight we've been 3 tanking this fight. Tonight, due to some roster issues, we're going to give 2-tanking a shot. Are there any tips or non-obvious pieces of information you guys have for tanking the add?
    Use GOE and the heirloom trinket. You'll take 0 damage every single combo. Problem solved.
    BF is only useful if you're 100% sure you'll never take the second glaive thrust (If you can be 100% sure your cotank can taunt in time)
    In a 2 tank fight, it's not always possible to taunt in time, so GOE wins in reliability.
    But pls, use the heirloom trinket. It's OP.
    1 mill shield every combo. 1.5 mill with ring.

Also Listen to Dreyen. He's kinda right most of the time.

EDIT: Tips for the add tanking:
    If you're a guardian and your cotank is not a guardian nor a blood dk. Don't tank the add. Monks paladins and warriors are far better equipped to handle it.
    If you absolutely have to here's what I've learned. The explosion will almost never really kill you. Keep an FR and CW for when it does explode. No need for absorbs or CD's. Use blink to get out of tight spots. If roar doesn't get you to safety, blink, but know you won't have an FR to heal you back up.
    Lastly depending on DPS from the raid I've noticed some things.
    65% is an important marker. Because depending on your dps you might need to swap tanks around.
    If you get a doomlord close before/during the transition the guy tanking the add needs to take the first combo combo first.
    This will make sure the next doomlord will spawn (and hopefully be killed in time) before you need to take the combo.
    If it spawns after the transition (and I mean when Manny has started attacking again. If he's still getting his skin back, the above rotation is valid) depending on some timers it will probably be better to have your cotank take first combo while you're tanking the add (or are about to). Then take the next one. You'll be lined up again for the next combo.

At 35% all is clear and you just have to make sure you not die
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-05-19 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Also Listen to Dreyen. He's kinda right most of the time.

fuckin' got em

Your sig quotes are gold. Where and when did you get em?
    I'd like context on the celestalon one
    It's always nice to find Celestalon comments equal to "Purgatory isn't necessary for tanks"

Your sig quotes are gold. Where and when did you get em?
    I'd like context on the celestalon one
    It's always nice to find Celestalon comments equal to "Purgatory isn't necessary for tanks"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...05631?page=1#9

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3872?page=3#43

That thread is comedy gold.
    Has anyone told him simcraft doesnt actually use HOTW in cat form during dps parses? (Or at least it didn't at the time)

That wyl guy man

He came asking for help but brushed away all tips and tricks we gave him, then he went to druid discord and was all "i really do bad dps i need help" and listened to it all

That was a solid read

@Dreyen and Cenarius... tyvm! Your tips are gold. I never even thought to use the heirloom trinket.

I've been opening with HOTW previously on our 3-tank fights, but it wasn't super strong without lust and almost no potion (stupid delay for p2!). My DPS isn't super required, and our DPS are doing a good job downing the adds in time, so I shouldn't have much trouble going full meatshield for the combos. I tank with a pally, so I'll work with him for a strat where he handles the doom lords.

Glad I wasn't completely offbase in my reasoning with GOE

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    @Dreyen and Cenarius... tyvm! Your tips are gold. I never even thought to use the heirloom trinket.

I've been opening with HOTW previously on our 3-tank fights, but it wasn't super strong without lust and almost no potion (stupid delay for p2!). My DPS isn't super required, and our DPS are doing a good job downing the adds in time, so I shouldn't have much trouble going full meatshield for the combos. I tank with a pally, so I'll work with him for a strat where he handles the doom lords.

Glad I wasn't completely offbase in my reasoning with GOE
    HOTW doesn't really have much use on Mannoroth. I personally like having the DOC heal on hand for extra healing when the healers are out of range (when doing add, or during pushback) or when they're busy (During imp spawns). Once Manno is on farm and you can kill him reliably maybe switch to HOTW, but I still wouldn't recommend it.

HOTW doesn't really have much use on Mannoroth. I personally like having the DOC heal on hand for extra healing when the healers are out of range (when doing add, or during pushback) or when they're busy (During imp spawns). Once Manno is on farm and you can kill him reliably maybe switch to HOTW, but I still wouldn't recommend it.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right, experience has shown me I really don't get much out of the HOTW. For the level 60 tier, I was going to go with incarnation for a bit of extra DPS with second ring (and 4th if it comes to that). Do you have a compelling reason for me to go with soul of the forest instead?
    Last edited by zurm; 2016-05-23 at 06:14 PM.

I don't think the heirloom trinket is necessary... up to you to decide if you need it. Make sure you double GoE and bark+SI for the combo though.

For HotW i just don't attack the summoners and use an agi pot + HotW when mannoroth comes up. I get top 20 parses every week and we don't even lust with it nor skip the first doomlord. Here's my logs if you want to check it out... ranking is mostly about skipping doomlorsd (mostly the first) and getting to aoe imps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1795

Remember he's still progressing manny Dreyen. If I were progressing again I'd use the heirloom Trinket. It's just too strong for burst fights.

On that topic I think he'd like boss dead more than getting top dps ranks. Using DOC and heirloom will probably help him towards that goal more than HOTW and dps trinkets.

I progressed the fight as the 3rd tank so i only soaked one combo, or 2, so I had the SIs, but I definitely never needed more than bark+SI, so i'm not sure he needs the heirloom trinket as it might be just overkill... that's for him to decide however. There's also always the option of asking for externals.

He also was obviously using HotW, so I just gave him a tip on how to use it properly on this fight. That said, as progression you're probably better off using HotW to shorten the phase that gives you the most trouble... which should be P3. TBH DoC is not that useful in the first place, unless you're really desperate for rage-free heals.

Deleted
    I found that it was quite easy to survive the glaive combo using Barkskin + Pulverize. That way your SD will last throughout the whole glaivecombo and if you get it on the first one, you can use either HT it as you use skullbash to get in or FR.

I personally only used heirloom trinket when I solotanked it for our speed kill. Besides that it is quite unnecessary. However if you do decide to use it. I suggest using it around 10 seconds before glaivecombo hits as there should be more than enough shield for a few melee hits and the glaive combo.

You can just tank the first doomlord in cat form if you get misdirects and tricks.

So I just decided to start playing my Guardian druid. Is there any link of a really good ACCURATE guide for guardian in HFC?

What is our stat weight / BiS list. (Also is the archi trinket worth it)
    Along with what talents should be taken baseline.