Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is M assault is easier than H Tyrant?

Deleted
    yeah new ring

Yea, i've been hoarding pure mastery items for an inevitable CM run as guardian and i've gotten a pure bonus armor ring... those are really good now because pure stat items have the same amount of rating as unit with muliple stats.

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    Definitely not, i thought M Assault was surprisingly difficult for an entry level boss. Took us like 9 attempts, although we were probably doing some stuff wrong just zerging through. Wouldn't be surprised if the mob health was scaled down a little in the near future to let guilds at least see some of the other bosses. Mythic Iron Reaver felt significantly easier. Even though i'm not a fan of GoE, it is probably the go on Assault and definitely BF for Iron Reaver.

All you really need to make sure is you have a good balance on each side 10 on left and 10 on right and focus Tanks that hit your cannon > Metas > Zerkers > Other Tanks > Casters not in Meta

Shit boys Paragon running double bear on mythic... the hype

Expect nerfs

You mean like a giant number of mythic guilds running double monks last tier? They didn't get any nerfs the entire tier, I certainly hope we won't either. I'm not sure I would ever want a double bear team personally, unless they are using some cheese strat on some bosses with GoE.

Quote Originally Posted by flooressence View Post
    Shit boys Paragon running double bear on mythic... the hype

Expect nerfs
    For what boss?

I ran BF for HFA tonight.

It wasn't a bad choice, I hesitate to say better or worse than GoE. You get the safety at high Slam stacks from GoE, but I tab-lacerated a couple of targets for mass HP and went with 6sec 20% DR from normal SD with BF bridging the gaps. Worked as fine as you'd expect anything to work when you're running around with 5-6 Slam debuffs.

BF is obviously king on Reaver, went in with it from the start and it's clearly the best for survival. If, for whatever reason you didn't care about Artilery damage and wanted to focus on minimizing boss AA damage, GoE is an extremely strong talent. Better than Kromog. Reaver dances around and casts far more than he melee's AND his timers are completely static. I bet if you discounted Artilery, you could take less damage than a dps over the course of the fight.
    Plus Displacer Beast - Skull Bash back makes us one of the best tanks to keep anything close to resembling a rotation on this shit boss.

I've pretty much rerolled from monk back to my 8-year main of a druid for this tier. Monk has more in nearly every respect. More damage output, more cheesing potential, more unique toolset, more mobility, stronger cooldowns,...
    But when it comes to taking regular AA's, monk is a glass cannon and bear is a panzer. Bear is safety and monk is a theoretical physicist with head in clouds that trips over his feet and smashes face in the ground.

edit
    Our HFA kill. Pretty good really.
    And Reaver. Had a shit dozen pulls on him, then suddenly clicked and shaped up for two good pulls. Finish was messy because disc priest doesn't know he has bubble, forgets to use it or puts it in a random location.
    I'll slap my PoV on it up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2015-07-02 at 01:20 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfiles View Post
    Definitely not, i thought M Assault was surprisingly difficult for an entry level boss. Took us like 9 attempts, although we were probably doing some stuff wrong just zerging through. Wouldn't be surprised if the mob health was scaled down a little in the near future to let guilds at least see some of the other bosses. Mythic Iron Reaver felt significantly easier. Even though i'm not a fan of GoE, it is probably the go on Assault and definitely BF for Iron Reaver.
    I see ^_^

Deleted
    What are you guys gearing for? I'm surprised that there is some debate about this, but I'm up for it since I'm early in replacing my gear and can change things.

Mastery focus or multistrike focus? I figured mastery was still king but I've heard some and seen evidence that people gear for and gem and enchant for multistrike? Melee hits are still big, and you are still likely gonna have a respectable amount of multistrike in my opinion with a mastery focus while abandoning mastery leaves you quite weak throughout.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    What are you guys gearing for? I'm surprised that there is some debate about this, but I'm up for it since I'm early in replacing my gear and can change things.

Mastery focus or multistrike focus? I figured mastery was still king but I've heard some and seen evidence that people gear for and gem and enchant for multistrike? Melee hits are still big, and you are still likely gonna have a respectable amount of multistrike in my opinion with a mastery focus while abandoning mastery leaves you quite weak throughout.
    Base on my data, you can easily have 2500+ mastery 1500+ multi at the same time, I have almost close to this by ilvel 703, of course some are crafted, but it can be done^_^

Deleted
    Base on my data, you can easily have 2500+ mastery 1500+ multi at the same time, I have almost close to this by ilvel 703, of course some are crafted, but it can be done^_^
    This is my personal BiS list.

Thoughts?

http://www.wowhead.com/list=6479159/...y-and-ms-haste

Deleted
    I would change:

Chest / Shoulders / Boots -> craft items with Mas / Ms
    Bracers -> Kilrogg Crit / Ms
    Trinket 1 -> BFD
    Ring 1 -> Zakuun Ring

I aim for:

Mastery ~1.5k unbuffed
    Multistrike ~2.5k unbuffed
    BArmor ~1.5k
    Last edited by mmoc606e27bbc8; 2015-07-02 at 03:32 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is my personal BiS list.

Thoughts?

http://www.wowhead.com/list=6479159/...y-and-ms-haste
    I prefer tablet than the stamina trinket^_^

I ran the numbers with the gear I have and prospective sets while prioritizing mastery and multi, and the difference is pretty minimal... which can also be read as pretty much negligible from a damage output perspective. Personally turned out to be at best a 0.15% total raid DPS gain going from a full mastery to full multi build for my main bear. Since I have multiple Guardians, I've run different gear setups on them, and life always feels more stable with mastery-centric builds for me versus extra health unless the hits are massive and Primal Tenacity won't absorb them. I've been preferring the smoothing aspect of mastery, as any death I've had the extra multistrike wouldn't have saved me anyways.

Honestly, if you want to pick mastery or multi, it should likely be from a survival standpoint of what will kill you and whether you need the HP buffer or extra physical mitigation. Execution is going to trump this sort out choice by a mile, to say the least.

*edit* - Side note, I actually got a Warlord's Unseeing Eye for kicks and tested it out. It is definitely absorbing damage proactively based upon the HP you would be if you didn't have the trinket absorb the hit, but the scaling does cap at the stated value if the hit is more than your HP.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2015-07-02 at 10:24 AM. Reason: wrong number =P
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    For what boss?
    For every single one.
    Officially #bestguild. ;D

It is kind of strange though, bears are good now, but not that good. Well, it is Paragon, they can do whatever they want I guess.

In before massive influx of new Guardians...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I ran the numbers with the gear I have and prospective sets while prioritizing mastery and multi, and the difference is pretty minimal... which can also be read as pretty much negligible from a damage output perspective. Personally turned out to be at best a 0.15% total raid DPS gain going from a full mastery to full multi build for my main bear. Since I have multiple Guardians, I've run different gear setups on them, and life always feels more stable with mastery-centric builds for me versus extra health unless the hits are massive and Primal Tenacity won't absorb them. I've been preferring the smoothing aspect of mastery, as any death I've had the extra multistrike wouldn't have saved me anyways.

Honestly, if you want to pick mastery or multi, it should likely be from a survival standpoint of what will kill you and whether you need the HP buffer or extra physical mitigation. Execution is going to trump this sort out choice by a mile, to say the least.

*edit* - Side note, I actually got a Warlord's Unseeing Eye for kicks and tested it out. It is definitely absorbing damage proactively based upon the HP you would be if you didn't have the trinket absorb the hit, but the scaling does cap at the stated value if the hit is more than your HP.
    I'm seeing so many different evidences of different bears gearing differently, I guess I'll just go with what I'm comfortable with and I'm more comfortable with mastery focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    For every single one.
    Officially #bestguild. ;D

It is kind of strange though, bears are good now, but not that good. Well, it is Paragon, they can do whatever they want I guess.

In before massive influx of new Guardians...
    I think for the first time in ages, bears are more popular in heroic than paladins in terms of pure numbers. Though not in normal.

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the whine police in the paladin forums who predicted apocalypse for 6.2, but they seem very strong now and seem to have changed their tune.

Deleted
    I think for the first time in ages, bears are more popular in heroic than paladins in terms of pure numbers. Though not in normal.

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the whine police in the paladin forums who predicted apocalypse for 6.2, but they seem very strong now and seem to have changed their tune.
    It is more so, that heroic HFC feels really undertuned in tank damage. There are a few exceptions, but nothing at Blackhand/Kromog level. Though on mythic things might look different. Thus paladins have no issue currently, and while HS is a really boring talent it works really well in HFC.