Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    GJ, gratz!

He's a good final boss, definitely better than Blackhand, better than Mar'gok because of duration.
    Should be more interesting for tanks though, it's 9 minutes of playing a dps with aggro and 1 minute of proper taking damage. Not to mention Source being a ridicilous tankswap mechanic. Way to go, feeling like a drag on the raid being a tank there, the best way you can contribute is to die ASAP.

The damage is too heavily loaded on magic dot from the add (70%) with p1 buff being too stronk. Too light with boss melee. They should've just made the autoattack hurt ~10% more and have the actual add do the damage, not the dot. With physical attacks. Fixed, ty, comeagain.

Ya I liked dying 3 times in p3 its so fun....lol.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Lol nice... we finally killed it. Like 220ish pulls.
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!

232 pulls for us.

Squeezed in 2 hours on an extra raid and finally caught it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zoKL2oMZU

I wasn't supposed to be targeted by 3rd Source, but as it's threat instead of target based, I got caught midglobal so no blink... byebyebear!
    Would've been so nice to squeeze in a 2nd HotW, might mean skipping the 5 infernal wave spawning.

BTW, Misume and Khaelyn have done avoidance tanks episode on Final boss. Worth watching, I really enjoyed it despite a few incongruities over which I QQ'd over in monkthread
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONlhCGV1Qpw

Quick weapon conundrum!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=124378/x...ruin&bonus=566
    or
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=124377/r...pear&bonus=567
    where the Rune Infused Spear has a gem socket (so MS).

Is the 5 ilvl + socket difference on the rune spear worth losing all that MS/MA?

It's a tricky one I'd say. I'd prefer the extra MA/MS. You're losing 125 ish MS (with 75 socket) and 140 Mastery for some agi Weapon damage and stamina and 300 crit.
    If it were another item i'd say yes because of armor. But since it's weapon I'd go for the MA/MS

If you only care about living use the 715 otherwise always use the higher ilvl one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped my Pol's trinket and replaced it with WF normal WuE and well, on the 4 new heroic bosses we killed (yes 4 new heroic bosses in one night after the failure fest on farm on last Thursday...) and kinda enjoying it as a trinket (at least for now).

Now I have another question. I changed my old tier shoulders for Blood-Tanned Pauldrons heroic version. I also have crafted shoulder with MA/MS on 4/6 upgrade level which are just waiting on matts for the upgrade items. Should I upgrade the crafted shoulders first (if I get what I am still missing) or upgrade the crafted bracers 4/6 first. Right now for wrist I have these ones Squire's Electroplated Bracers which don't have that decent stats.

I am not seeing us making that uber fast progression on heroic, so I am aiming for crafted gear mainly. Already have the fully upgraded chest and the next 2 pieces I decided to work on are bracers and shoulders.

I need AMR my gear again to see my possible choices and upgrades on items. Haven't had time to deal with that after getting some new items. Though few fast suggestions what gear pieces (besides the tier gloves (which I hopefully will get one day)) should aim from the normal bosses on the upper floors. Leaving Archimonde out as we ain't gonna kill that sob in a while.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-09-03 at 10:08 AM.

Crafted shoulders would be better than any shoulder you can get on heroic at 6/6.

Not sure which bracers those are but kilroggs are really good as are fel lord zakuuns.

Hey so my alt is guardian, and our alt raids aren't awesome. I don't have the chance to mess around with trinkets much on my own, so I just accept what is here. But I'm curious why malicious censer doesn't seem to rank very high in the trinket category. Is it that agi procs are bad? The MS on it DRs too much? Or simply that it operates too much as a hybrid survivability/DPS trinket that you'd be better off using a strong survival or strong DPS trinket

It should be pretty strong for HotW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted shoulders would be better than any shoulder you can get on heroic at 6/6.

Not sure which bracers those are but kilroggs are really good as are fel lord zakuuns.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced <- this is my armory. The bracers are from last tier's Mythic garrison box and drop off from Thogar :P

So what you are saying is that crit/multi or crit/mastery is decent to be better then mastery/multi crafted item? I would still personally for the crafted ones (on top of 2 good stats I already have the 4/6 version ). I truly need to see what my options are from AMR.

So focus on shoulder piece it is then. Lucky that these shoulders were from the bonus roll, would've been shitty if I would've suicided myself in the loot list for item which is not really that good

I will be running the CMs soon to get 8/8 gold and want to hear what people's thoughts are about BiS gear.

1. Stat priority? Gearing for surviving the big trash packs seems to be the smart thing to do. Trying to get BA and mastery on every piece is a given, but I'm not sure about the second stat on leather. I'm thinking crit due to thrash giving a lot of crits = rage in AoE situations. Or should I go for versatility?

2. Trinkets. I'll probably run Blademaster for the crazy AoE damage it does, but I wonder how good the Archimonde trinket is scaled down since it gets double nerfed by both a lower AP coefficient and my gear just not having as much AP anymore. Still, it's usually really good for trash pack situations.

3. Any special tricks I as guardian should know about? Bosses that can be tanked by treants or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I will be running the CMs soon to get 8/8 gold and want to hear what people's thoughts are about BiS gear.

1. Stat priority? Gearing for surviving the big trash packs seems to be the smart thing to do. Trying to get BA and mastery on every piece is a given, but I'm not sure about the second stat on leather. I'm thinking crit due to thrash giving a lot of crits = rage in AoE situations. Or should I go for versatility?

2. Trinkets. I'll probably run Blademaster for the crazy AoE damage it does, but I wonder how good the Archimonde trinket is scaled down since it gets double nerfed by both a lower AP coefficient and my gear just not having as much AP anymore. Still, it's usually really good for trash pack situations.

3. Any special tricks I as guardian should know about? Bosses that can be tanked by treants or something.
    From what I understand the arch trinket is dogshit for guardian in general - not just lower ilevel - avoid it.

I did these back in BRF when the suggested talent was GoE for level 100. However, now with SD giving 20% damage reduction I think BF would be your best option. Gives you a CD to use for burst damage with a short cd and leaves SD at normal duration.

I'm not sure blademaster is an actual upgrade in damage in a CM scenario since a trinket we could use in place of it will likely give you flat mastery/BA with some type of mastery/BA proc. Both of those stats buff our damage and tanks were already dominating aoe DPS pulls regardless.

The only real "tip" I can give is to not rely on DPS for interrupts (as if that is something you should be doing anyway) but especially in some of the CMs the interrupts on trash pulls keep you alive and glyph of fae silence makes you a kick bot and helps wrangle casters.

Edit: Stat prio (imo) would be mastery>vers>crit/haste(for rage gen). I feel like the benefits of MS are made irrelevant on the most dangerous pulls.
    Last edited by badzerath; 2015-09-03 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    From what I understand the arch trinket is dogshit for guardian in general - not just lower ilevel - avoid it.

I did these back in BRF when the suggested talent was GoE for level 100. However, now with SD giving 20% damage reduction I think BF would be your best option. Gives you a CD to use for burst damage with a short cd and leaves SD at normal duration.

I'm not sure blademaster is an actual upgrade in damage in a CM scenario since a trinket we could use in place of it will likely give you flat mastery/BA with some type of mastery/BA proc. Both of those stats buff our damage and tanks were already dominating aoe DPS pulls regardless.

The only real "tip" I can give is to not rely on DPS for interrupts (as if that is something you should be doing anyway) but especially in some of the CMs the interrupts on trash pulls keep you alive and glyph of fae silence makes you a kick bot and helps wrangle casters.

Edit: Stat prio (imo) would be mastery>vers>crit/haste(for rage gen). I feel like the benefits of MS are made irrelevant on the most dangerous pulls.
    I don't know if I would call the class trinket shit in general. Yeah it's bad compared to a lot of other trinkets on single target fights, but it scales better than other trinkets with number of mobs. Interesting thought about the talents. It sucks getting a lower uptime on that 20% physical damage reduction with GoE, but at the same time you get a passive 10% dodge which should equal out to less damage taken overall from mob swings, which most damage is in CMs. It might be worth running with two tanking specs and switching to BF for certain boss fights.

Can you elaborate on why you put versatility over crit and haste? I got all the silver times in the start of the expansion just by running them daily for the gear before raids opened, and I felt getting the rage for my first SD was super important and could make or break a pull.

The problem with the class trinket is that it's not made to scale well with ilevel. For it to be equal at every ilevel, it would need to not change... but it does. Regular seed reduces damage by 38% of your AP, in CMs it goes down to 17%... and your AP goes down on top of it, so it double dips to get weaker.

Mirror of the blademaster sounds definitely amazing, i haven't done cms with it, but it sounds like the best aoe trinket in the game.

The SD buff is nice, GoE might still be better though.

One trick, although very unreliable, is that you can get pure bonus armor/mastery items from satchels... i got about 4 pure mastery items and 1 pure bonus armor ring. There's no downside to having 1 stat on gear anymore so if you can get your hands on it, go for it!

Stat priority otherwise is def BA>Mastery>Crit>vers. Crit scales pretty hard with thrash, since youre pretty much guaranteed to crit at least once in aoe situations, thus getting mad rage :P

Best things are for sure the random statted items from dungeon satchels.
    The Mirror trinket is nice, but does scale with your character. So it will be weaker in CM's.
    Also Using it means you lose out on a lot of Bonus Armor, so your survivability will drop a lot, which in CM's is a big deal.
    Also GOE is still pretty strong due to 10% dodge as mentioned above.
    I tried seed in our last run. It's pretty bad. Not worth it at all. I do defend it on HFC AOE situations though. Still use it on assault and Council atm.

Deleted
    Anyone have any tips on tanking Xhul'horac? Talents, strategies, gear?

Don't really know what the mythic changes are at this stage, just killed Tyrant woo. Was an utter nightmare, ran out of externals at the end and died.

Heres our kill incase anyone wants to see how close it got lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrgki-GGHE8

You shouldn't need any externals really. I just did green(granted im pretty geared)... but long as you use BF, Glyphed SI, Barkskin(one of those) for every single combo from the green add and use frenzy regen during it you will be fine. Keep 3 lacerate on all 3 mobs all fight.

Deleted
    You shouldn't need any externals really. I just did green(granted im pretty geared)... but long as you use BF, Glyphed SI, Barkskin(one of those) for every single combo from the green add and use frenzy regen during it you will be fine. Keep 3 lacerate on all 3 mobs all fight.
    Should you use your CDs on the adds or on the boss telegraphed attacks? Also, Is there much movement in the fight?

I focus on mastery mainly for my guy, is that an issue for this guy or will that not matter much?