Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Malaysian medal winning gymnast slammed for leotard

So this (Apparently quite good) gymnast is being ripped on because her leotard "Shows the outline of her vagina"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...-1227404269500

"The head of the National Muslim Youth Association’s female wing, Roszida Kamaruddin, also released a statement condemning Abdul Hadi’s costume.
    “Women should not be stopped from sports, but they must prioritise the Islamic codes in sports attire,” she said.
    "

So I'm not sure if anyone here follows gymnastics at all, but they kind of have to wear clothes like that. But don't worry, they have that covered as well:

"Senior Islamic cleric Perak Mufti Tan Sri Harussani Zakaria suggested the gymnastics was not an appropriate sport for Muslim women.
    “If Muslim women want to participate in gymnastics, they have to find outfits which cover the aurat and this, in turn, might not be suitable for the sport,” he told Astro Awani.
    "

So basically, someone who is pretty good at what she does, and wins medals for her country, should just quit because her outfit is to tight. Really?

And the best response to all of this:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/ma...ampaign=buffer

"The authorities should come out with guidelines for “perverts” instead of trying to regulate sportswear, Khairy Jamaluddin hit back today amid furor against SEA Games gold medallist Farah Ann Abdul Hadi’s gymnastic attire.

“Should also have guidelines for ‘gatal’ men to lower their gaze when they can’t contain themselves watching sports,” the youth and sports minister said on his official Twitter account @Khairykj, using the Malay slang for “perverted”.
    "

What a complete farce. And I realize that they are mad because of their religion, but this is not about that to me, it is about keeping one of the sexes down, and this is NOT about the actual religion or there practices, so please for the love of anything don't be concerned about that.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So this (Apparently quite good) gymnast is being ripped on because her leotard "Shows the outline of her vagina"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...-1227404269500

"The head of the National Muslim Youth Association’s female wing, Roszida Kamaruddin, also released a statement condemning Abdul Hadi’s costume.
    “Women should not be stopped from sports, but they must prioritise the Islamic codes in sports attire,” she said.
    "

So I'm not sure if anyone here follows gymnastics at all, but they kind of have to wear clothes like that. But don't worry, they have that covered as well:

"Senior Islamic cleric Perak Mufti Tan Sri Harussani Zakaria suggested the gymnastics was not an appropriate sport for Muslim women.
    “If Muslim women want to participate in gymnastics, they have to find outfits which cover the aurat and this, in turn, might not be suitable for the sport,” he told Astro Awani.
    "

So basically, someone who is pretty good at what she does, and wins medals for her country, should just quit because her outfit is to tight. Really?

"The authorities should come out with guidelines for “perverts” instead of trying to regulate sportswear, Khairy Jamaluddin hit back today amid furor against SEA Games gold medallist Farah Ann Abdul Hadi’s gymnastic attire.

“Should also have guidelines for ‘gatal’ men to lower their gaze when they can’t contain themselves watching sports,” the youth and sports minister said on his official Twitter account @Khairykj, using the Malay slang for “perverted”.
    "

What a complete farce. And I realize that they are mad because of their religion, but this is not about that to me, it is about keeping one of the sexes down, and this is NOT about the actual religion or there practices, so please for the love of anything don't be concerned about that.
    Old men are perverts. That ain't gonna change. Someone should ask why the old bastard was looking at women gymnastics in the first place.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Damn, I was expecting something racy. Not...you know...the same exact thing every other female gymnast wears.

This is the only thing making a boring sport watchable heh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Damn, I was expecting something racy. Not...you know...the same exact thing every other female gymnast wears.
    Yeah, me to when I read the story. That is literally there freaking outfit that all of them wear...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Meh I like the sport, some of the stuff they can do just blows my mind
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, me to when I read the story. That is literally there freaking outfit that all of them wear...
    In the civilized world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    So... basically every sport, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think these people should find better things to do than focus on the vagina layers of an Olympic athlete leotards. Seriously, could give two shits about the complainers traditions concerning such.

What a complete farce. And I realize that they are mad because of their religion
    , but this is not about that to me, it is about keeping one of the sexes down, and this is NOT about the actual religion or there practices, so please for the love of anything don't be concerned about that.
    Yeah, so what, being angry and mad is ok, doesn't mean anybody has do DO anything about it.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-06-19 at 07:04 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I think these people should find better things to do than focus on the vagina layers of an Olympic athlete leotards. Seriously, could give two shits about the complainers traditions concerning such.

Yeah, so what, being angry and mad is ok, doesn't mean anybody has do DO anything about it.
    But they are trying to do something about it. They are seriously "Reviewing" the wardrobe of gymnasts, and if it does not match what they think should be, they will just disband the sport...even though they have great athletes for it.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they are trying to do something about it. They are seriously "Reviewing" the wardrobe of gymnasts, and if it does not match what they think should be, they will just disband the sport...even though they have great athletes for it.
    Yes, is profoundly stupid, and pretty tragic for anybody falling in line for this garbage, As long as they aren't stopping anybody from competing on their own, the only thing that can be done is to say, well we will respect your rights and traditions, but we aren't changing the required uniform without good reason. A bunch of creeps checking out a girls vagina while she is competing in something totally unrelated doesn't count.

If they don't want to support the sport then they don't, it's tragic, sexist, and stupid, I hope these girls find alternative ways to compete.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    malaysia can be a little silly sometimes

I admit, I did look at her girl parts, the ones I could see.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    malaysia can be a little silly sometimes
    Overall one of the muslim countries I think is least nuts with religious laws.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That`s pretty hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Overall one of the muslim countries I think is least nuts with religious laws.
    So, out of all countries with a large muslim population, Malaysia is one of the least nuts? You're aware of the fact that they practice sharia law there, right? You'd put them with countries that doesn't have sharia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I admit, I did look at her girl parts, the ones I could see.
    Well, they're kinda the thread topic. It's like if I told you not to imagine a tiny pink elephant.

It's entrapment, I tells ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how they couldn't find a plane full of people, but can easily spot the outline of female vagina in an event that people should be watching for sport not the lady parts.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

"
    i find Khairy Jamaluddin's comment just as stupid as what they were replying to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    So, out of all countries with a large muslim population, Malaysia is one of the least nuts? You're aware of the fact that they practice sharia law there, right? You'd put them with countries that doesn't have sharia?
    Actually its a dual system, sharia is only one part there and is moderately used compared to ME countries.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Actually its a dual system, sharia is only one part there and is moderately used compared to ME countries.
    Sharia rules out that they're not nuts. Any laws based on religion is nuts.