Thread: Custom Games

Custom Games

I think it's reasonable to have a separate thread where we can discuss custom games, as they might become a large part of Dota2 community.

Anyway, I tried Tree Tag yesterday and it was interesting even though I had no clue what I was doing, as I haven't played it in WC3 either. Anyone care to give a short guide on Tree Tag?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Probes vs. Zealots if you played sc. I forget what the wc3 port was called.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Only got to play for a short time yesterday but Overthrow is pretty fun, however i find invis heroes to be crazy op, really good at KSing and generally not getting killed.

Pudge wars was meh, i don't really see the appeal.

It's pretty straight forward and to the point. You're a bunch of pudges hooking across a ravine to grab other pudges. It gets boring within 5 minutes and is only fun after that if you're drunk and with your friends.

X hero would be fun for a little bit, if made properly.

Someone needs to make a dota 2 version of wc3 so it can finally come full circle.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is making LoL in Dota2, finally LoL will have a good launcher ^^ lolol
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.