Question regarding raid lockout saves

Greetings all,

I seem to be having an issue with the raid lockout trick for farming mounts, and was looking for some guidance from all of you.

My issue occurs on the week 2 to week 3 transition. I'm not quite sure how to 're-extend' past the second week on my mule toon. What I've been doing is just re clearing up to the bosses I need every other week instead. Originally I was just removing/ reapplying the raid lock extension which worked, but now it doesn't appear to extend past the second week.

Any advice/tips are appreciated!!!

Likely need some more information, Which instance, difficulty/size.

My first guess would be that you're doing a heroic instance (which is actually a raid lockout, rather than a boss lockout) which prevents you from extending and killing the same boss again. But from your description the 2nd week works fine (which should rule that out).

If it's a normal instance, you shouldn't need to remove the lockout at all. At the end of the week, any extended lockouts will go back to greyed out, and you just hit extend to bring them onto the list again. As long as that mule toon is never inside the instance for the kill, the lockout will work indefinitely like that.

I use this setup for Ulduar/ICC (13/14 and 11/12 dead) and previously also had DS (5/8 and 7/8) and To4W (1/2).

Keep in mind if you do multiple clears in short succession, you need to remove any toons from your group that have killed the boss already and do an instance reset, prior to walking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Greetings all,

I seem to be having an issue with the raid lockout trick for farming mounts, and was looking for some guidance from all of you.

My issue occurs on the week 2 to week 3 transition. I'm not quite sure how to 're-extend' past the second week on my mule toon. What I've been doing is just re clearing up to the bosses I need every other week instead. Originally I was just removing/ reapplying the raid lock extension which worked, but now it doesn't appear to extend past the second week.

Any advice/tips are appreciated!!!
    Can you go through the exact steps you are using to extend the lockout?

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I've got the actual extension method down, I'm just having issues with it extending past 2 weeks. I'm unsure of what to do oon the 'mules' raid lockout window on week 2. Sorry, I'm having trouble explaining exactly what the problem is

Nothing changes about how you extend for first, second, third week. Can you screenshot what you see when you try to extend and it fails?
    If you mouseover the raid entry in the list itll have a visual of which bosses and the lockout type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Nothing changes about how you extend for first, second, third week. Can you screenshot what you see when you try to extend and it fails?
    If you mouseover the raid entry in the list itll have a visual of which bosses and the lockout type.

Ok, sorry for the late reply to this thread. I have a screenshot.

Ulduar is on week 2 of extension, the other 2 are fresh this week.

Ulduar is going to expire in 4 days according to the window. How do I make sure it extends into week 3?

Thanks and sorry to be dense!!

Ok, sorry for the late reply to this thread. I have a screenshot.

Ulduar is on week 2 of extension, the other 2 are fresh this week.

Ulduar is going to expire in 4 days according to the window. How do I make sure it extends into week 3?

Thanks and sorry to be dense!!
    Just wait till it says expired as well (it will after reset tuesday morning). Then hit reactivate and you're good to go.

Edit, Wait a minute, I think I see what you did. You extended before the week was even over. That's fine, just not necessary. Here's a pic of what mine does after I let it "expire"

http://i.imgur.com/VfXY1cU.png

and after re-activating

http://i.imgur.com/8lOFN3Y.png

I should point out though, Your dragon soul is a heroic lockout. Which means even if you re-extend, any boss killed inside that lockout will be dead already. (it will still show 7/8 on the mouseover, but he will be dead when you walk in)
    Last edited by Nestar; 2015-06-19 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks a lot Nestar! I did not realize I needed to let it expire first, I figured that would reset the entire raid.

ONE more question. This raid trick doesn't appear to be working with heroic DS. Ill make a group for my alts, zone in, swap to heroic, accept the raid lockout, but then the encounter ( DW ) will not start. I get a message saying " all previous encounters must have been completed on heroic." Problem is, my shaman mule DID just complete them all on heroic. Is this meaning that I need to full clear a heroic DS on every toon before I can accept a heroic lockout? or is something else going on?
    Last edited by Nhiosis; 2015-06-19 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks a lot Nestar! I did not realize I needed to let it expire first, I figured that would reset the entire raid.

ONE more question. This raid trick doesn't appear to be working with heroic DS. Ill make a group for my alts, zone in, swap to heroic, accept the raid lockout, but then the encounter ( DW ) will not start. I get a message saying " all previous encounters must have been completed on heroic." Problem is, my shaman mule DID just complete them all on heroic. Is this meaning that I need to full clear a heroic DS on every toon before I can accept a heroic lockout? or is something else going on?
    That's what I meant about dragon soul being a heroic lockout, You need to kill it every single week if you want to face deathwing on heroic each week, You can't use an extended lockout for multiple toons.

Do a forum search for Instance ID lockouts vs Boss ID lockouts, that should explain the difference to you. (heroic is instance ID). And yes, on heroic the last boss is typically locked out unless all the previous bosses were killed on heroic (only exception to this is ICC). http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12822112588

Because there's 3 mounts that drop in DS, I'm assuming you're trying for the Life-binder's Handmaiden. If that's the case you will need to full clear for every toon you do it on, every single week.

Nestar, thanks for the explanation. I was only going off of what I knew from 25H LK, which made me think I could use the lockout trick.

Bummer, cause hand maiden was on the bmah this week and I didn't bid. had I been wiser I would have.

Thank you again for the help.

It expires and grays out for me every other week, but it gives me an option to refresh the lockout. It's right there under the lockout list, instead of extend. Never had any issues with it. I extend DS/Ulduar/ICC every week on 2 characters (one alliance one horde).

Is it possible to save lockout on Black Temple or it works like heroic?