Thread: Pugging HFC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Pugging HFC

For those of us without guilds, how do you think pugging HFC the first week will be? Also what do you think the Ilvl RLs will want? I predict normal will be doable with a pug the first week but heroic will be damn impossible until guides come out. Also I'm thinking 680-685 for normal and 690+ for heroic. Your thoughts?

My thoughts is it will be the usual retarded shit of people asking for inflated gear levels and AoTC (HFC) on day one.

Pugs will probably be expecting 690-695 for normal and 700+ for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    You're probably a touch high.

I am a hunter (most overplayed class) and probably had about 5-6 Mythic pieces going into BRF and I rarely had problems finding Heroic pug groups. I was the first in my guild of over 300-400 (active) people to successfully pug H Blackhand on 2/21 (about a month after raid being launched?). I want to say it took me about 50-60 attempts but I could be very off.

Right now, the most successful H Blackhand groups are requiring 690+/AOTC.

I'd say Normal will require 680-690 and Heroic 690-700. Better groups will require AOTC and some Mythic fight experience.

The amount of 690s players without AOTC is kind of frightening tbh.

The only reason I see 700 being a tad high is because only players with a large majority of their gear being Mythic have that gearscore, and most of those players don't TYPICALLY pug.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-06-19 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    This is quite common, most ppl want to overgear as much as possible to smoother the kills for gear and not wipe forever.

I won't expect 700+ , as those people are probably not going to pug like another poster mentioned. I'd say 690 for normal and 690+ with mythic brf experience for heroic hellfire citadel. I don't know anyone thats 700 ilvl and is an active pugger on that character, i can't imagine it.

680-685 for the first week. Also try out the new personal loot, don't let them reserve or ninja with Master Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Zackerus View Post
    This is quite common, most ppl want to overgear as much as possible to smoother the kills for gear and not wipe forever.
    Which, incidentally or not, they will do anyway.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Horrible. I strongly doubt you can clear with 680pugs if they leave balance as it is on ptr.

Deleted
    685 for normal minimum but i expect first weeks groups being minimum 695 for normal for sure.

Anyone been pugging the last couple nights?

What are successful normal/heroic groups asking for? How far have you got?

Mechanics on many of the later bosses are far more intricate than BRF. Trying to do Iskar in a pug, for example, sounds like an absolute nightmare. Even trying to do it without voice coordination would be rough. In the last add phase you need to park the orb on the bird tank for corruption and toss to the interrupter and the cleansing healer as needed very quickly and when sweeping winds come out you're basically going to have to stack druids and cycle roars for speed boosts so people can survive without getting the orb because there is no way pugs are going to pass that around quickly enough.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Anyone been pugging the last couple nights?

What are successful normal/heroic groups asking for? How far have you got?
    Got 5/13 normal last night with a 690+ pug

I started tanking HFC normal with guild at 670, Im now at 674 and we are still progressing thru it. 8/13

Well funny thing is that even if raid leader asks for 700+ it won't keep people dying from stupid shit like they are totally clueless. Saw it happend a lot on BH HC. Even if ppl had 690+ and curve they still managed to just avoid doing every single mechanics there is. Pugs takes a lot of patience, which most ppl dont have. But if you have the patience and find the right people 690-695 will probably be enough for the first half of HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well funny thing is that even if raid leader asks for 700+ it won't keep people dying from stupid shit like they are totally clueless. Saw it happend a lot on BH HC. Even if ppl had 690+ and curve they still managed to just avoid doing every single mechanics there is. Pugs takes a lot of patience, which most ppl dont have. But if you have the patience and find the right people 690-695 will probably be enough for the first half of HFC.
    Yeah, the fights are great, and if you can follow simple mechanics you'll be fine, but many people looking for pug groups go in without knowing shit about the fights thinking they'll learn it as they go, or someone will explain it to them, and they end up wiping raids, people leave, etc.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Skozen View Post
    In the last add phase you need to park the orb on the bird tank for corruption and toss to the interrupter
    Bird tank is also the interruptor.

Also on normal you can just say "fuck this mechanic", leave the eye on the tank and just heal through bombs so long as people get the bombs out of the raid. Obviously lust at that point to make cleaning up the adds trivial.

Winds phase is infinitely more dangerous than any of the add phases.

Deleted
    This raid won't ever be cleared on heroic by a true pug before the next expansion hits.

700ilvl through Mythic caches isn't gonna stop anybody from getting punted off the platform by Mannoroth in final phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    This raid won't ever be cleared on heroic by a true pug before the next expansion hits.
    Good joke. Pug means 10 players who have never played with eachother and randomly decided to go together right? Can all be 13/13 mythic for all we know. It will deffo be cleared by a pug, faster then most guild groups will :P