Page 1 of 3
LastLast

6.2 warrior set bonuses buffed

http://www.wowhead.com/news=248002/6...18-set-bonuses

Warrior
    Item - Warrior T18 Fury 2P Bonus: Critical strike bonus to Wild Strikes increased to 100% from 50%
    Item - Warrior T18 Fury 4P Bonus: Cooldown reduction to Recklessness increased to 25 sec from 20 sec.
    Item - Warrior T18 Arms 2P Bonus: Chance to reset Mortal Strike increased to 100% from 60%
    Item - Warrior T18 Protection 4P Bonus: Bonus to Shield Barrier reduced from +200% to +100%.

Interested to see how arms does on single target with this change - less WW and makes arms dps less lopsided towards execute phase.

Also wondering if the optimal way to play fury would be to constantly save procs and rage for every reck, so you can fit as much damage into the 10s window as possible. It would kind of be like saving procs and rage for colossus smash in MoP.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-06-20 at 02:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean no WW?

Yeah, we know. Thanks.

Deleted
    How much will the new 2pc affect the value of crit rating for Fury, seeing how bloodsurged wild strikes will not gain anything from it?

Also, three-button rotation above 20% with TfB? MS, CS, Rend? That's it?
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2015-06-20 at 04:40 AM.

Oh, this happened yesterday, thought it was new.

Didn't even think about the faster rend ticks. No more WW, omg.

Came in here looking for prot buff, found nerf

Arms will get nurfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digatron View Post
    Arms will get nurfed.
    There's no way it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

2target sims is insane...manipulating the rends so you can MS every global. I'm just anticipating the nurf...rip warriors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digatron View Post
    2target sims is insane...manipulating the rends so you can MS every global. I'm just anticipating the nurf...rip warriors
    This arms 2p buff doesn't really change 2 target cleave(or rend spamming) at all as before this hotfix 2 target rend would refresh MS almost instantly anyway. Its pure single target dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalfare View Post
    This arms 2p buff doesn't really change 2 target cleave(or rend spamming) at all as before this hotfix 2 target rend would refresh MS almost instantly anyway. Its pure single target dps boost.
    Indeed. The only thing standing in your way of MS'ing every single global even single target is rage. Considering you'd want to go fury for any fight with more than the ~7 targets you'd need for whirlwind to be viable anyway, whirlwind is effectively removed from the warrior arsenal the second you obtain these setbonuses.

Time to take WW off my actionbar then, cleave mortal strike with mastery gear will probably be better than ww.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Indeed. The only thing standing in your way of MS'ing every single global even single target is rage. Considering you'd want to go fury for any fight with more than the ~7 targets you'd need for whirlwind to be viable anyway, whirlwind is effectively removed from the warrior arsenal the second you obtain these setbonuses.
    this.

http://i.imgur.com/RVFG9ZA.gif

single target rend is able to let you ms on gcd

We really don't need a new thread everytime another PTR build goes up. Especially only to link what's already repeated in 4 other threads and on the main page of every WoW fansite + twitter account.

Deleted
    i like how the title states bonuses buffed and he posts the nerfed protection bonuses

Deleted
    I like to see some "buffs" (if tier bonuses count) but the fact thet they removed another button from my 4 button rotation as arms makes me want to cry... I guess there will be some "one button rotation" macro

10+ Year Old Account
    i tried it and zero cd MS is pretty dang fun

and it feels weird to be trying NOT to rage cap half the time

So in terms of replacing T17, should we still prioritize ourselves on the bottom of the totem pole to receive T18 with the new buffs?

Deleted
    The new arms set bonuses are very strong!!!

I tested them out on the ptr dummy today and I am doing more dmg then fury on single target, a lot more and that doesnt even count the execute phase. I know fury scales better with weapons and crit but this patch is finally looking good for arms and I can see arms as being on par with fury on single target with mythic gear.

You will be starved of rage with the arms 2 set coz you be spamming mortal strike but because 4 set increases ur rend thick speed, taking taste for blood making u generate like 4.5 rage instead of 3 over sudden death is actually viable choice and from my testing it was better even on single target over sudden death but that doesnt take into account of buff ect so not sure yet in raid environment.

My three buttons are ready...