Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[6.2] Shadow Priest Guide in PvP by Zunniyaki

Hey guys, let me introduce myself for the ones that do not know me.
    I am a multi Rank1 Priest as well as a 3x Blizzcon competitor.

I have put together a full guide on how to get started as a Shadow Priest in PvP and specifically Arenas.

The guide includes all the following sections:

1 - Suggested Talents and Glyphs
    2 - Resource Management
    3 - Race Selection
    4 - Stats, Enchants, Gear Selection
    5 - Damage Rotation and Priority System
    6 - Surviving as a Shadow Priest
    7 - Crowd Control
    8 - Utilizing Your Mobility
    9 -Making the most of your utility
    10 - Suggested Comps to play in arena
    11 - Suggested Keybinds
    12 - Suggested Macros
    13 - Suggested Addons / Scripts

Link: http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...rds-of-Draenor

If you have any additional questions you can contact me via
    twitch.tv/Zunniyaki
    twitter.com/Zunniyaki

Or directly on the Skill-Capped forums:
    Link: http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/f....php?15-Priest

Enjoy!

Deleted
    Basic shadow priest pvp guide: If the opponent is melee, bend over.

Deleted
    You can find my Discipline Guide in PvP in the link below:

http://www.skill-capped.com/forums/s...rds-of-Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    Basic shadow priest pvp guide: If the opponent is melee, bend over.
    The same can be said for every other caster. Not sure whose bright idea it was to nerf all ranged into the ground except hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zunniyaki View Post
    Hey guys, let me introduce myself for the ones that do not know me.
    I am a multi Rank1 Priest as well as a 3x Blizzcon competitor.

I have put together a full guide on how to get started as a Shadow Priest in PvP and specifically Arenas.
    Thanks so much for posting here! I have seen you play RBG's on Twitch and was dying to know what talents you ran with and couldn't find your armory, so was really pleased when Skill Capped tweeted about your guide

I really appreciate the work put into those guides, particularly for casual players like myself, who don't have the time I would like to try find out what works. Even then, it's gear dependent and again being casual, I just muddle through with what I have!

As some of our BiS pieces are from grinding Ashran rep only, do you have any tips on how to do that? I've had awful problems with queue times and finding groups that work, i.e. I join a group but can't see anyone in my group - have to leave and re-enter. It's really annoying when you only have 2 hours so spare and find that in that time, you have achieved nothing

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzchief View Post
    Thanks so much for posting here! I have seen you play RBG's on Twitch and was dying to know what talents you ran with and couldn't find your armory, so was really pleased when Skill Capped tweeted about your guide

I really appreciate the work put into those guides, particularly for casual players like myself, who don't have the time I would like to try find out what works. Even then, it's gear dependent and again being casual, I just muddle through with what I have!

As some of our BiS pieces are from grinding Ashran rep only, do you have any tips on how to do that? I've had awful problems with queue times and finding groups that work, i.e. I join a group but can't see anyone in my group - have to leave and re-enter. It's really annoying when you only have 2 hours so spare and find that in that time, you have achieved nothing

Cheers!
    Hey there,

regarding Ashran rep, fastest way I found is getting in a raid that is doing Rares to farm Artifacts (use the LFG tool).
    You can also loot hordes/alliances for the blue token to turn in or even kill the last boss if people are doing him.

Hope this helps!

Hey there,

regarding Ashran rep, fastest way I found is getting in a raid that is doing Rares to farm Artifacts (use the LFG tool).
    You can also loot hordes/alliances for the blue token to turn in or even kill the last boss if people are doing him.

Hope this helps!
    This is no longer a valid method, because in 6.2 you can no longer join ashran as a raid. Rep is no longer important because versality gear will drop rng on ashran or RBG win.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Hey there,

Hope this helps!
    OK, I hadn't realised there were different groups, but still the problem I had was actually seeing others in my group, getting no heals and just dying. Saying that though....

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    This is no longer a valid method, because in 6.2 you can no longer join ashran as a raid. Rep is no longer important because versality gear will drop rng on ashran or RBG win.
    ... This is the best news ever!! So we are no longer forced to do Ashran - what a relief
    I hadn't bothered reading up on 6.2 because I unsubbed, mostly due to the fact I don't have the hours required and Ashran didn't help that decision.

I will never enter Ashran again *dances*

Cheers guys for the info.

Deleted
    True that, as of 6.2 you no longer need rep for any type of PvP gear anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc6ebe0455a2; 2015-06-25 at 02:25 PM.

Ret / bm/ feral still looking like the top 2s partners? And same thing but with a non priest healer for 3s?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Ret / bm/ feral still looking like the top 2s partners? And same thing but with a non priest healer for 3s?
    Feral/Ret are probably the two best options if you want to play double dps as Shadow in 2v2.
    If you want to play with a healer, Holy Paladin/Shadow Priest is pretty decent.

In 3s depending on the specific healer you are talking about, there are a lot of great options, if you specify me the spec I might be able to help you better.

What pieces do you recommend getting first?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    What do you think of Rogue and Spriest in 2s? Works good or is it out of date? Thanks for the guide, keep it up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    What pieces do you recommend getting first?
    I would recommend getting the Weapon as soon as possible (Highest stat upgrade) but as it requires 7000ish conquest earned in the season to purchase, you should aim for pieces with the biggest stat upgrades with Haste/Versa/Mastery.

Such as Helm, Boots, Cloak, Legs etc

Note: Make sure to do Ashran/RBGs first when the season starts, as they will guarantee you a piece of epic 700

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bon1ver View Post
    What do you think of Rogue and Spriest in 2s? Works good or is it out of date? Thanks for the guide, keep it up!
    Hey Bon1ver glad you are enjoying it,

Rogue/Sp is alright but Spriest lack damage and self healing in 2s as they get tunneled by any melee, so I would recommend playing with a Hybrid class such as Feral or Ret to give you better chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon1ver View Post
    It works but you have to work really hard for the kills. If you don't mind playing with a healer, you should try playing with a holy paladin who plays very offensive. They can do lots of pressure, provide decent survivability and hoj->horror->silence is very strong.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    It works but you have to work really hard for the kills. If you don't mind playing with a healer, you should try playing with a holy paladin who plays very offensive. They can do lots of pressure, provide decent survivability and hoj->horror->silence is very strong.
    This, holy pala/sp is really strong in 2s due to offensive pressure and BoP for stuff like crows which is broken in 2s.

Oh and on a side note, always Horror>Hoj>Silence, since you want to start your orbs refunding asap so you can back to back DP, plus allows your pala to stay los without having to expose himself trying to get the HoJ as its really obvious when they start running to the other teams healer

Some of my guildies and I are going to do 3's semi casually this season. Potential comp is Resto Druid/DK/Spriest, possibly Resto Shaman/Mage/Spriest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Some of my guildies and I are going to do 3's semi casually this season. Potential comp is Resto Druid/DK/Spriest, possibly Resto Shaman/Mage/Spriest
    Def play with a Mage if you have that option!

But playing with an Affliction Lock or Feral druid is going to be strong as well this season after both those clases got buffed.

Yeah we're not enitrely sure yet. Frost was a strong possibility before the nerfs. May convince them to go feral or mage with a druid/shaman cause CC is awesomesauce.

Deleted
    Hi Zunni,

I have a couple of questions for you

Versatility or Haste for enchants ?
    Mastery or Haste for weapon enchant ?

Best combo stats for a staff?

Tks!
    Last edited by mmoc54843516f6; 2015-07-13 at 01:14 PM.