Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Definitely a soaker problem.

We ran 1 disc, 1 hpally, and 1 resto druid. We just used the Aborbs, Smoke Bombs, Devo, etc so we could stack for hands to burn them down in ~1 second. Outside of pounding, the healing on Kormrok is laughably boring, to the point our healers were told to DPS harder.
    We used a similar comp with a resto shaman instead of the resto druid for 3X spirit link totems. I only gave a regular shield to the soakers, but they could have probably lived without it. I still ran with CoW on Kormrok on our first kill, but it wasn't for the soakers. Our monk tank was having trouble surviving the Explosive Burst. Now that he has 4piece, I'm using WoM.

That's good.

What trinkets seem best for Holy right now? I'm rocking Gift and Furnace trinket for mana heavy fights (council) and Gift and Chewtoy for everything else. What trinkets should I be going for? I'm the backup healer, so getting a healing trinket really relies on no one else needing it or a lucky coin.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    That's good.

What trinkets seem best for Holy right now? I'm rocking Gift and Furnace trinket for mana heavy fights (council) and Gift and Chewtoy for everything else. What trinkets should I be going for? I'm the backup healer, so getting a healing trinket really relies on no one else needing it or a lucky coin.
    Phylactery and Emulsion. Thankfully, with 2 kills on both Socrethar and Xhul'horac every week, my guild has seen ZERO drops of either trinket. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

We've seen one of each, and nothing since. Woo!

10+ Year Old Account
    5 mythic socrethar kills and the only mythic Phylactery we've got is from a coin

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    5 mythic socrethar kills and the only mythic Phylactery we've got is from a coin
    On the bright side, the heroic version is already grossly overbudget and is better than every other mythic trinket anyway.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    7 coined xhul horac heroic kills. Amounts of emulsions seen in loot/bonus roll: 0

but I can show you my collection of Countenance of the Revenant, if you feel sad.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-07-30 at 03:04 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    On the bright side, the heroic version is already grossly overbudget and is better than every other mythic trinket anyway.
    And it's still one of those things that never drops. On the other hand, Archi coin is holy trinket on the first try. Joy.

Well at least its alright for disc.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And it's still one of those things that never drops. On the other hand, Archi coin is holy trinket on the first try. Joy.
    That's what happend to me, and received the trinket drop too, because I was the only one that could 'use it'.
    So I had the class trinket twice on the first kill
    Last edited by Mazeari; 2015-07-30 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    Do any of you guys roll Clarity on mythic reaver for the artillery? I have 1 holy pally in my raid, he has 4 set and the class trinket and is ilvl 710. Find myself ahving to run clarity on alot of fights, we have a warrior and a dk tank.

I see alot of priests running cow on 3-4 fights total for HFC. I find myself having to roll it on alot more fights than you guys.

Artillery doesn't hit that hard on Fel Reaver. You can just PW: S the guys with it on and they'll survive easily. You shouldn't really need to run CoW for tanks with that holy pally in your group.

Deleted
    Well I am having to run with clarity and our warrior tank is dieing from artillery. How do your raids deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    Well I am having to run with clarity and our warrior tank is dieing from artillery. How do your raids deal with it?
    Our monk was struggling too, but we just used defensive cooldowns on him. Now that he has 4piece, he seems to be doing fine though.

I would toss them an external or have them pop a cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks need to make sure they have some kind of CD rolling on them when they get hit by artillery. Tanks dying to Artillery is a tanking problem, not a healing problem, unless they're running out at like 10% hp. But the tank damage is pretty trivial in IR, so they should never be running out at low hp.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

All these people complaining about Normal/Heroic Archimonde have got it all wrong. Mythic Gorefiend is the real out of place boss. It felt like an end of instance wall. Anyway, good luck to all of you heading to him. Don't give up! Apparently the next two bosses are much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    All these people complaining about Normal/Heroic Archimonde have got it all wrong. Mythic Gorefiend is the real out of place boss. It felt like an end of instance wall. Anyway, good luck to all of you heading to him. Don't give up! Apparently the next two bosses are much easier.
    I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been nerfed into the ground yet - the 6th boss in a 13-boss instance simply has no business being that hard.

The fight is hard enough to begin with, but people who die to Digest being unrezzable makes it an absolute shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been nerfed into the ground yet - the 6th boss in a 13-boss instance simply has no business being that hard.

The fight is hard enough to begin with, but people who die to Digest being unrezzable makes it an absolute shitshow.
    Yeah the amount of control that is required is just a little over the top. Break the person early and you're fucked, break the person too late and you're fucked. I think that they should have kept the break-people-out component but without the timing. Say if you break out the person the portal becomes active so that they can exit. Increase the health of the images and you've just got a fight fit for #6 position.

Deleted
    Just wanted to jump in on the CoW vs Mending depate.

On heroic I think you should use whatever you find suitable, and fits your comp the most.

For mythic I tend to go with clarity on nearly every fight, it might not get you rank 1, but in most cases it'll make the raid more stable.

Hillfire assault: Clarity of will (4 healers, I was on the side with our shaman, very good if you aren't killing the berserker very fast).

Reaver: This boss should die, even without a lvl 100 talent pick whatever you like. (5 heal first kill)

Kormrok: I'd say clarity, mostly because there is not enough sustained damage for mending to be worth, it simply won't jump around enough, and you can survive pounding without any heals anyway, as long as you're not clipping any1. (4 heal first kill)

Council: This is the only no-brainer-mending fight IMO, it'll bounce all the time, and you won't have time for clarity, tell your paladin to focus more on tanks, if they're in trouble. (5 heal first kill)

Killrog: Clarity, generally just because it's nice for heartseeker / tanks (when paladin is down), no need for mending at all, although it could be nice on 1 of the later deaththrows, but we usually have our shaman with the buff at that point with tide up. (5 heal first kill)

Gorfiend: I think I killed it first time with mending, but ended up speccing clarity the next week, simply because I didn't wanna risk a tank death, if both paladin + shaman got send in, we didn't really have much tank healing, if I didn't have clarity. (5 heal first kill)

Iskar: this won't matter (4 heal)

Socrathar: Clarity, for gift targets. (4 heal)

Tyrant: depending on your tank classes, you should go clarity, it helps a lot with the reduced hp + increased dmg taken in last phase on the tanks - we ended up using a spirit link on them even to make them live a bit more. (4 heal)

Fel lord: Clarity for people going in to the realm. (4 heal)

Xhul: Clarity, simply because of the insane tank dmg (3 heal)

Mannaroth: Our DK tank didn't have much of a chance of living in last phase without good shields, and I didn't really want to hold EAA for it, so I went with clarity. However words of mending will work very well in last phase, and should be used if you comfortable can make it through without tank deaths.

Achimonde: CLARITY, for doomfire soak, this is a no brainer, and your words of mending will be useless anyway.