Idea: Ranged/Melee Hybrid for Enhance

Okay, so 6.2 is looking lost. Sucks. Now, how can we improve in the future?

Well I had this bright idea:

Let's make ENH a real ranged/melee hybrid.

Consider this: There's currently 9 ranged Magic DPS specs. THree Warlock, Three Mage, Balance Druid, Ele Shaman and Shadow Priest.

There are 3 Ranged PHysical specs: 3 Hunter.

There are 10 Melee Specs - 2 Warrior, 3 Rogue, 2 DK, Feral Druid, WW Monk and ENH Shaman. Also one extra quazi-spec in Gladiator Warrior.

Ranged Physical is looking a bit weak. And currently, there's more Melee than Magical Ranged.

So here's my proposal: Give an ENH a new spell that they can toggle like the Paladin's Righteous Fury, lets ENH Shaman do all Melee-range abilities from Range equal to Hunters.

I'd like to hear some input to refine the concept. Or tell me it's moronic and why that is. Or send cash. Whatever.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to do the proverbial on your cornflakes, but the majority of enhancement's dps is elemental, not physical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, shamans already have elemental. Enh using their abilities at range would feel exactly like ele. Especially with casting LB and CL with maelstrom.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    But an ability to toggle on some ranged mode could be useful. Something like Blade Flurry functionality and Ascendance combined.

Could be a niche. We currently lack the utility most raids need and if lava lash stays melee only, we would be forced to go melee anyways for optimal dps.

It would definitely be a niche. It would solve the pvp mobility issues to. Could need some retuning of course.

Anyways. Never gonna happen. But not that bad of an idea to give that melee spec something to shine.

Problem would be PVE wise: melees are excluded from a lot of mechanics. IMO in some casesvthey would have to be treated like ranged dps because a melee running around, not having to watch that you re in melee range could be borng.

But anyways. Good sign we gave up on enhancers in WOD. Nov 2016 will probably be 7.0.Maybe they will fix our issues in 7.0. xD
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-06-22 at 07:18 AM.

In the current state of raiding, there's three kinds of utility for a raid: providing the group with a very beneficial temporary buff, increasing survivability via healing or DR, or nullifying mechanics via immunities.

Due to homogenization (and the removal of Fox), the first is now largely a non-issue with any raid comp. This means that the only utility that really matters is healing/DR and cheesing mechanics. They nerfed AG so we can't heal, and Grounding Totem is useless 99% of the time so we can't cheese anything.

Any utility that doesn't fall into the above really doesn't do a progression group much good. Utility for an individual--like a melee being able to attack from range--doesn't directly help the raid in any appreciable way.

Deleted
    Wasnt meant to. Nobody cares about AG anymore. It is hust too weak.

I didnt hear my raid lead for once talk about AG. I even have the freedom to use it whenever i want - because it doeant mtter to them.

Being a ranged is utility though. You take less damage, you can soak mechanics and so on. It is like hunters being preferred because they ca take all those tasks without losing dps.

But no, shamans wouldnt be really useful in raids. But at least enhancers would be much more desired in world of rangecraft.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2015-06-22 at 11:14 AM.