Do fistweaverrs still do it for the damage or the mana?

I'm curious what other people's opinion is on this. I personally don't ever fistweave for just pure damage anymore. I feel like most fights on mythic have little gain for how much damage i'm doing and how much healing is going out from doing it. The only good part about it for me is the mana tea!

Its good if you over-heal content or don't have a single spirit trinket like myself so i Fistweave every encounter, fights such as Thogar and Maidens however with such little to heal it is a good idea to FW regardless.

But to answer your question Yes, i do it for the damage.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I'm curious what other people's opinion is on this. I personally don't ever fistweave for just pure damage anymore. I feel like most fights on mythic have little gain for how much damage i'm doing and how much healing is going out from doing it. The only good part about it for me is the mana tea!
    I only fistweave for damage since with the amount of spirit I have I don't have the need to fistweave for mana tea. In fact, I have never fistweaved for mana tea and I've done pretty decently. I am able to sustain heals with a good amount of mana in mythic. If the fight is on farm then I fistweave for damage meters.

I use it when I can for damage, especially when there's high priority adds, but outside of getting that add slightly faster, if I'm fw'ing a boss, it's because I want more tea and have almost nothing better to do, in BRF, we had a lot of fights with high healing downtime

honestly, unless the enrage is incredibly tight for your guild, the damage to a boss will likely not matter (to adds that have to be taken out fast, any damage can be a big deal), but the tea can help and you often will find yourself with nothing better to do outside of specific events like operator and at least heroic iron reaver (I dont do much pbe), and others where you want to heal mostly and swap out for certain adds so you can get some damage down and get a low mana cost touch of death like furnace and kromog

and others where you only want to fistweave for fast tea on the pull and not bother with it much past that, as you'll basically be healing full time

yeah though, to be quite honest in a 20 man raid, we shouldn't and aren't able to deal notable amounts of damage, but an extra 20-30k dps with inconsistent uptime can be nice, and touch of death on its own is something I'd love to have an other of my other healers, and was a big deal for both kromog and furnace during progress
    Last edited by ryklin; 2015-06-22 at 08:09 AM.

I think its a mix of both, as sometimes that tiny bit of extra damage might be what you need to progress, but also because it gives a bit of flexibility to your rotation so you can regain mana.