Poll: Who is the best/strongest paladin in WoW?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have always stood by Turalyon as the definition of paladin. Compassionate, kind, humble, fights for justice/protecting his people/innocents and not revenge, altruistic, doesn't let anger blind him and prefers peace but is still an complete badass ready to fight and kill when no other option is available. Even at the height of his anger and watching his mentor die he decided to take the orcs prisoner and have them stand trial even when few people would have blamed him if he had ordered their extermination right there. Azeroth wouldn't exist right now if Turalyon hadn't decided to spare orcish kind despite all their crimes that day and that's a fact. Without the orcs it was almost assuredly game over at Hyjal.

Tirion is a pretty close second, but he has let anger get the best of him a few times. Still, when faced with the ancient D&D situation of a paladin being forced to choose between being lawful or being good, he chose the eternally correct answer of good. That secures him the #2 spot.

Alexandros is number three and again sharing many of the same paladin qualities as the above two, but he was a fucking crappy dad in some ways and loses points for that.

Fourth is Uther. The first paladin, the most faithful and zealous and a complete monster on the battlefield .He was no doubt a huge reason for those early victories of the Second War and I wouldn't be surprised if the survivors of those early battles told horror stories to the other orcs of this massive bear of a man glowing as bright as the sun itself smashing in heads left and right. Again shares many of the compassionate, kind, fights for justice qualities of the others but he was quite lacking in the humble department and that loses him points. Being so arrogant and self-righteous enough to believe that he had the authority to strip another person of their ability to use the Light is a further loss of points, and that is the primary reason I placed him below the others.

They are all still really pretty damn great though speaking as a massive fan of paladins in general since WC2 and D&D before that. Of course I'm not forgetting about Maraad, I love him too and wish he hadn't died solely so Yrel could take the spotlight(I don't really care for her because of that that reason amongst others, but she's still a fine character as a paladin) but I'm just talking about humans with this.

Arthas shouldn't really be on any best paladin poll. He was an above average one at best.

Numerous times in Wrath, Arthas (Lich King) refers to Tirion being the lights greatest champion

"How simple it was to draw the great Tirion Fordring out of hiding" - http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Light_of_Dawn

"I'll keep you alive to witness the end, Fordring. I would not want the Light's greatest champion to miss seeing this wretched world remade in my image." - http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King_(tactics)#Quotes

At the start of ICC, Arthas says that Tirion could've been his greatest champion.

"You could've been my greatest champion, Fordring. A force of darkness that would wash over this world and deliver it into a new age of strife." http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King#In_Icecrown_Citadel

So my vote is with Tirion

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was the chosen one. It was said he would destroy the evil, not join it. He was to bring balance to the world, not leave it in darkness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Numerous times in Wrath, Arthas (Lich King) refers to Tirion being the lights greatest champion

"How simple it was to draw the great Tirion Fordring out of hiding" - http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Light_of_Dawn

"I'll keep you alive to witness the end, Fordring. I would not want the Light's greatest champion to miss seeing this wretched world remade in my image." - http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King_(tactics)#Quotes

At the start of ICC, Arthas says that Tirion could've been his greatest champion.

"You could've been my greatest champion, Fordring. A force of darkness that would wash over this world and deliver it into a new age of strife." http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King#In_Icecrown_Citadel

So my vote is with Tirion
    Well Uther was already dead and Turalyon is presumed dead by everyone in universe so taking that into consideration he is the best... living. I wouldn't class being the only one Arthas knew was alive (and written to be Arthas' anathema with Ashbringer) to be the best, just all that was available at the time.

Deleted
    There is no deny that Tirion is the strongest AND coolest. He wields the fcking Ashbringer and he destroyed Frost-fcking-mourne. If thats not badass i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by AThrallFanBoy View Post
    There is no deny that Tirion is the strongest AND coolest. He wields the fcking Ashbringer and he destroyed Frost-fcking-mourne. If thats not badass i dont know.
    Tirion? Tirion really? OMG THAT Tirion that does nothing but give long speaches? Like on TOC when he allows Horde and Alliance to fight and then blame them for killing each other? That Tirion that the only feat he made was to brake a sword? A guy that the only good thing he has was a gifted ashbringer?
    You guys must be all insane with all due respect!

Deleted
    I wonder if the sunwalkers are stronger then the classic human paladins.
    I mean the light would be as powerfull for both races and the taurens will beat the humans in physical strength alot.

So maybe the strongest paladin atm is a sunwalker of the Taurens (then again are Sunwalkers considered paladins in lore - or just gameplay)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Turalyon should be the strongest Paladin.

Tirion Fordrings seems to be pretty weak, if you ask me. In a real 1v1 Tirion got frozen into a iceblock in the first 2 seconds of the fight. It was Asbringer who shattered Frostmourne and even that strike Tirion could only land because Arthas showed him his back and was casting his Spell to ressurect the Raid as Undeads. Every succesfull Strike from Tirion hitted against Arthas was a backstab, He's more a Rogue with a powerful lightbased weapon than a real Paladin and even than, not a real good rogue.
    To be fair, Arthas was perhaps the most powerful being to ever exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    To be fair, Arthas was perhaps the most powerful being to ever exist.
    Not really its not for nothing he turned to Frostmourne to gain alot of power fast.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tirion hands down, he was a veteran before turalyon becomes a paladin.

not to mention, the only one who stood against arthas 1x1

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Tirion hands down, he was a veteran before turalyon becomes a paladin.

not to mention, the only one who stood against arthas 1x1
    give me the ashbringer, plot armor, and will 1 vs 1 arthas

The Scourge of Lordaeron/Warcraft 3 sort of serves as the SW Episode III of Warcraft when it comes to Paladins -- kinda like how when the Jedi were mostly wiped out we were only left with kinda "meh" Jedi compared to their golden age. I think Tirion Fordring is just sort of "the best of what's left". Hard to count Turalyon since he's completely absent, but he's sort of proof of how great Paladins were at their golden age peak. I think the thing that's most telling about Tirion's caliber is that Arthas targets him so directly at Light's Hope, his entire attack against the Argent Dawn an attempt to bait Tirion into the open to remove him as a threat. Your enemy will tell you who they consider the most dangerous adversary.

I think Liadrin is probably the strongest Paladin on Azeroth present day, MU, other than Tirion.

Dezco by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Turalyon probably, all others died in excruciating way, hence they ain't that strong :P

Edit: Tirion is in a vegetative state and can be killed (and serves no purpose to anyone by that...)
    Last edited by Jackkernaut; 2015-07-25 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Tirion, because he has the Ashbringer.

The answer should be obvious.

Tirion because he's a Metzen character. Same reason why Malfurion is the most powerful Druid. Thrall is the most powerful Shaman. Varian is the most powerful warrior/gladiator.

Tirion because he's carried by the Ashbringer. Without Ashbringer, it's probably Uther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackkernaut View Post
    Turalyon probably, all others died in excruciating way, hence they ain't that strong :P

Edit: Tirion is in a vegetative state and can be killed (and serves no purpose to anyone by that...)
    What did I miss now? Tirion is quite alive last I checked.

Turalyon
    Uther
    Arthas
    Thalaine
    in that order.
    Tirion
    Last edited by Kharli; 2015-07-25 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Tirion? Tirion really? OMG THAT Tirion that does nothing but give long speaches? Like on TOC when he allows Horde and Alliance to fight and then blame them for killing each other? That Tirion that the only feat he made was to brake a sword? A guy that the only good thing he has was a gifted ashbringer?
    You guys must be all insane with all due respect!
    Frostmourne is not simply "a sword".