Poll: Who is the best/strongest paladin in WoW?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tirion gets my vote...although I have a feeling if we ever meet Turalyon again he is going to be seriously swole from fighting demons for the past X number of years since he went missing.

I'd go with Turalyon. Uther might have been the leader of the knights of the silver hand but only because Faol created the order and Uther was his tutor. Also being the leader doesn't necessarily make you the toughest. He has fought alongside Turalyon but in those battles (for example vs Doomhammer) it was Turalyon who called the shots and made the difference. Tirion shouldn't even come close to these two. All he did was wield Ashbringer which is the paladin version of the iwin button. Heck, even Mograine cleansed most of the land of the scourge and survived the trap his son set for him. Tirion couldn't even kill the guards that were holding Eitrigg...

I'd actually rate Alexandros Mograine above Tirion, as he has done more wielding the Ashbringer than Tirion has.
    Last edited by Yilaam; 2015-07-28 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion obviously not only he has Ashbringer, but he also kicked shit out of Lich King while rezzing everyone. What did Turalyon do? Blinded some Orc while trying to cosplay as a flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Tirion obviously not only he has Ashbringer, but he also kicked shit out of Lich King while rezzing everyone. What did Turalyon do? Blinded some Orc while trying to cosplay as a flashlight?
    Tirion ressed no-one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion didn't do either of those. The released spirits from Frostmourne kicked the shit out of the Lich King. Ghost Terenas resurrected everyone.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    if I had to guess,the four greatest paladins would be Tirion, Uther, Turalyon , and liadrin
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Richter Belmont.

As mentioned above Tirion didn't do that. Turalyon single handed stomped Doomhammer and could have finished him off. He made the orcs run back through the portal and followed them through. There he besieged HFC, pushed back Deathwing and let Ner'Zhul run for his life.. and all that without an OP sword.

And oh, he saved Azeroth by closing the portal with Khadgar.
    Last edited by Yilaam; 2015-07-28 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilaam View Post
    Turalyon single handed stomped Doomhammer and could have finished him off.
    I'm sorry what?
    If you talk pre-retcon, he wasn't even at fight, if u talk after retcon, it was stated clearly that Doomhammer was exhausted from his fight with Lothar, so he basically fought someone near zero energy, and 'won', like any honorable alliance member would do
    As for orcs running away, to claim they weren't already on run due to losing up to Blackrock area would be lie, btw, most blackrock orcs did not run away from that area either, the orcs that did run back to dark portal were runners from the earlier fights against alliance when Lothar - someone who doesn't duel ppl exhausted - leading them
    Last one, the video clearly show Khadgar is the one who closed the portal, Turalyon at most was cheering for him to close it, nothing else, and he wasn't in that video either
    Ashbringer should seal the deal, if not then an actual Narru caring should seal the deal for Liadrin, Turalyon only flashed light strongly, an ability shown by many Scarlet Crusade members before, who are btw complete evil nuts
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It's gotta be Athene.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm sorry what?
    If you talk pre-retcon, he wasn't even at fight, if u talk after retcon, it was stated clearly that Doomhammer was exhausted from his fight with Lothar, so he basically fought someone near zero energy, and 'won', like any honorable alliance member would do
    As for orcs running away, to claim they weren't already on run due to losing up to Blackrock area would be lie, btw, most blackrock orcs did not run away from that area either, the orcs that did run back to dark portal were runners from the earlier fights against alliance when Lothar - someone who doesn't duel ppl exhausted - leading them
    Last one, the video clearly show Khadgar is the one who closed the portal, Turalyon at most was cheering for him to close it, nothing else, and he wasn't in that video either
    Ashbringer should seal the deal, if not then an actual Narru caring should seal the deal for Liadrin, Turalyon only flashed light strongly, an ability shown by many Scarlet Crusade members before, who are btw complete evil nuts
    ''Overcome with grief and anger, the paladin grabbed the Lion's shattered sword and rallied the Alliance forces with the fierce cry "For Sir Lothar!" that struck fear into the hearts of even the most blood-thirsty orcs. The frenzied Alliance army attacked the demoralized orcs. In the mist of his anger, Turalyon almost killed Doomhammer but eventually spared his life. The battle lost, the Horde retreated to their last bastion: the Dark Portal. Turalyon gave chase, driving the orcs through the Portal itself, which Khadgar immediately destroyed, seemingly ending the Horde menace and allowing the humans to rebuild.'' - WowWikia

Turalyon turned the tide in the final battle at Blackrock and made the orcs present flee for their lives. Even though Doomhammer was tired, Turalyon still had the upper hand on an orc Warchief, more than any other Paladin has done, imo. Ofcourse Turalyon couldn't close the portal himself, he's not a mage but still, he decided to stay behind and hunt the orcs on their own turf, greatly helping (if that's the prefered way to put it) in the saving of Azeroth. The fact that they still haven't declined him dead, either, also shows his power to me.

It's either Lady Liadrin or Yrel. If you don't agree, you're a pathetic misogynist. Just look at them!

Tirion is a city of Ñoldor, not a Paladin. Kappa
    Last edited by Adunai; 2015-07-29 at 11:10 AM.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilaam View Post
    -snip-
    Or you can read the novel that is considered now the canon and find what I said is true
    Doomhammer won in a fair duel against Lothar, Turalyon acted like any alliance did : attack a weak foe to claim victory, the blackrock orcs did withdraw but they never left Azeroth, and the description you typed even states clearly that he did nothing at closing portal
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Tirion gets my vote.
    I'm not just counting martial strength but also the strength of his conviction (which is an important trait for a Paladin)
    He could have taken the easy way out and said Eitrigg had to be killed, but remained convinced to save the orc because it was the right thing to do.
    His Light powers didn't even vanish because of this.
    He lost everything thereafter but never regretted his actions. After seeing his son killed he didn't break but remained strong and formed the Argent Crusade and always fought the good fight.
    That's a Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Lore wise, I'd say Tirion. He's the only paladin who managed to go straight up 1v1 with Arthas and live to tell about it. Uther and Gavinrad both lost to Arthas, and that was just plain old DK Arthas before he became super powerful. Tirion went at it with full-strength Lich King Arthas on more than one occasion.

Sure, he was frozen in a block of ice for most of that last encounter and probably would've been screwed if not for us, but still.

Turalyon...maybe. He's been gone for a long time. We have no idea how strong he is now. Hell, he may not even be a paladin anymore. But as far as his deeds that we do know of...it's cool that he took down Doomhammer and all, but Tirion's deeds are more impressive.

"Good boy" Arthas...I don't think he compared to the others in this list. If he'd stayed good and continued as a Paladin, he could've eventually surpassed the others. But up to the point he picked up Frostmourne, he was very hotheaded and not as experienced as Uther or Tirion, which I think would've given them the edge.
    Keep in mind Uther was outnumbered by ghouls when he was fighting DK Arthas. Also where is Maraad in the list? I think he is pretty strong paladin imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Keep in mind Uther was outnumbered by ghouls when he was fighting DK Arthas. Also where is Maraad in the list? I think he is pretty strong paladin imo.
    There were no ghouls in that fight according to Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. And Uther even managed to bubble himself and stun his former pupil. But Frostmourne carried the Death Knight.

Maraad is also good, but Yrel is still better.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Forgot to add this to my previous post, but the core strength of a paladin (exluding blood knights prior to sunwell raid) was faith in the light.

In blood and honor, a short novel about Tirion, he was 'stripped' of his light powers by core leaders in the knights of the silver hand. Then in classic, at the end of his quest chain, after seeing his son die, he 1 shots the scumbag scarlet priest with the light.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:In_Dreams#Transcript

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    In blood and honor, a short novel about Tirion, he was 'stripped' of his light powers by core leaders in the knights of the silver hand. Then in classic, at the end of his quest chain, after seeing his son die, he 1 shots the scumbag scarlet priest with the light.
    Tirion gains access to his powers again in that very novel, just at the end when he manages to pull out an healing spell out of desperation to save Eitrigg's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
    Frostmourne is not simply "a sword".
    Indeed. Many things would have gone much differently in lore if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    It's either Lady Liadrin or Yrel. If you don't agree, you're a pathetic misogynist. Just look at them!

Tirion is a city of Ñoldor, not a Paladin. Kappa
    In terms of hands on, actual doing of things, yeah, it almost would have to be one of those two, or Maraad before he fell. Gonna give Liadrin the edge over Yrel just by virtue of experience. All other NPC Paladins of any serious note are old and busted.

Where's Athene on this poll?