7+ Year Old Account

New To Holy Paladin- Advice for CMs.

Hello Everyone,

Some friends and I have been clearing CMs for the past few weeks but I've had to switch factions on my main (a healing priest) for raiding. I have a paladin that I'll be bringing instead but I'm pretty terrified healing with him because I'm not nearly as comfortable or knowledgeable about the class. The last thing I want to do is to hold my group back.
    I've read a few threads on here about gearing/talents/etc. and this is what I'll be going with:

For gear I'm going mastery/haste.
    Talents: Speed of Light/Fist of Justice/Eternal Flame/Clemency/Holy Avenger/Holy Prism/Beacon of Faith (possibly Sbtl)
    Glyphs: Glyph of Sac, Merciful Wrath, Glyph of Flash of Light (possibly the Glyph the allows a physical damage reduction as well to DS because I derp on occasion)
    Enchants: Going with the spirit enchant on my weapon, and mastery on everything else.
    Trinkets: I had candle and the darkmoon faire trinket on my priest, but I won't have the gold to spend on that so any suggestions? What can I pick up from heroic dungeons?

I went with Beacon as a talent because the lack of any AOE heals concerns me. Even on my disc priest, I had access to capable AOE spells even if they were mana inefficient.

Any tips and advice regarding CMs is very much appreciated. Even if something may seem obvious, it might be worth mentioning. Is there something I should be doing right before every big pull? Do you typically combine HA/AW? We're going to work on Grimrail/Iron Docks next so anything specific would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bran; 2015-06-22 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not crit?
    ....................................................................................

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejzo View Post
    Why not crit?
    From what I've been reading, mastery is more reliable.

15+ Year Old Account
    its def not u get so much passive mastery its crit crit crit u read wrong

The stat priority for a Holy Paladin is currently the same whether you are using Eternal Flame Icon Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield Icon Sacred Shield as your tier 3 talent.

It is difficult to place Spirit into the priorities below. Essentially, you always want to get items with Spirit, until you are comfortable with your Mana regeneration. It is worth noting that if you have the 4-Part Tier 17 Set Bonus (and are using Divine Purpose), then Spirit will be not be as needed, meaning that you can prioritise the other secondary stats that increase your healing throughput).

Intellect;
    Critical Strike;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Multistrike;
    Versatility.
    Last edited by Beast024; 2015-06-24 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast024 View Post
    its def not u get so much passive mastery its crit crit crit u read wrong

The stat priority for a Holy Paladin is currently the same whether you are using Eternal Flame Icon Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield Icon Sacred Shield as your tier 3 talent.

It is difficult to place Spirit into the priorities below. Essentially, you always want to get items with Spirit, until you are comfortable with your Mana regeneration. It is worth noting that if you have the 4-Part Tier 17 Set Bonus (and are using Divine Purpose), then Spirit will be not be as needed, meaning that you can prioritise the other secondary stats that increase your healing throughput).

Intellect;
    Critical Strike;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Multistrike;
    Versatility.
    The person is explicitly talking about CM's so tier is out.

I just did these and followed Virsta's idea about using mastery over crit, it worked fine. Did have a candle + chewtoy though which worked well. Was able to do it in basically just my raid gear + a couple haste/mastery pieces from dungeons.

Gearing for mastery specifically for CM's is still fine, people will tell you how bad you are for not gearing crit, but it doesn't matter, crit mastery or haste would work fine.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your reply. I pretty much have mastery on all my gear now, followed by haste and crit.