Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No. LFR was great for alts back on MoP, difficulty was ok and the itens you received too, the LFR live is dumb.
    Actually my lack of motivation can be explained by 20m size raids, LFG tool and brain-dead classes.

TL;DR: Not enough players to do mythic on my server. LFG makes people lazy and killed Pugs (where I used to run with alts). I dont have enough fun raiding.

Not really, I lost my motivation to raid back in Cata, but LFR does give me something to do sometimes.

Nope, being forced to do 20m killed that just fine on its own. I just really don't enjoy raiding with a group that size, and the challenge of mythic is not enough appeal for me to want to trade off on that point.

I avoid LFR like the plague, I would sooner stop raiding altogether than do LFR. The augment runes and legendary quests have forced me into LFR on alts, and I find it worse than a trip to the dentist.
    Last edited by Sandraudiga; 2015-06-22 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the raiding community in general did that for pickup groups; my schedule otherwise wouldn't allow it if I had an interest which I no longer really do as a regular thing. LFR has nothing to do with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    its allways funny to read the argues "i don t have enough time" for raiding.

There are a lot of 10/10 mythic guilds raiding 2 days a week.

There are tons of 10/10 hc raids, raiding 1 day a week.

And nhc/hc you can pretty much just go rnd at any time.

So please, please stop arguing that you don t have time for raiding. This is only true for people only playing 2-3 hours of WOW per week. Not for the typical "i have 8 level 100 alts but no time for raiding"- tards.

The only real reason is, that you have to commit like 2-3 hours at once if you join an rnd nhc/hc raid. So all blizz has to do is, remove LFR, split the NHC raid into 3 or 4 wings like with the flexmode in SoO, so if you have an hour of free time, you can just go a wing of the actuall raid where you need something from.

This would be the best option for everyone, besides people that like to (semi) afk LFR.
    No. Did you think that through at all?

Yes, there are a lot of guilds that make progress and only raid two nights a week. The problem isn't that players have a lack of time, the problem is surrendering two nights a week, whether it's 2 hours or more, to raiding. That's a HUGE commitment. You may say that two hours is nothing, but to schedule the rest of your Tuesday/Wednesday or even your entire week depending on your schedule and what you have to do, around raiding in a video game ... that's huge. When you join a raid guild, and this is coming from someone that wasted a lot of time as a 19 year old raiding, you are shackling yourself to that guild. You're taking options away from yourself to have that raid spot. You can't do anything outside of raiding on those raid times. You have to be there on time, you have to stay, you have to do all the necessary prep work, it's a huge time commitment even if the overall time for raiding itself is small.

Maybe on Wednesday night I want to play WoW, but I don't feel like raiding. Nope, not allowed to be on that game or any other bnet game, or skype or anything, because guilds treat raiding like a job. They take it way too seriously.

I don't want to do that shit anymore, I enjoy certain aspects of WoW, LFR being one of them. I will never ever shackle myself to another guild, I won't schedule my life around a game again to chase imaginary pixels and kill imaginary dragons. It's something I do in SOME of my free time. Not something I'm going to schedule around. Fuck that. Never again.

Pugging is probably an even bigger time commitment. It's better in some ways, in that if you have some time in off peak hours you can probably find a run. It's worse in other ways because once the run gets started a lot of time is spent with your thumb up your ass waiting to find replacements. Not even close to as convenient as LFR.

LFR and it's horribly inferior epics shouldn't bother you. They're not taking away from your potential raiders. What's taking away from your potential raiders is that we grew up and raiding isn't appealing at all. At all. It's one of the least appealing things in WoW. "Hey, give up two nights a week of your life so that you can you get loot in a video game! And make sure you dick around with spreadsheets and do your homework in addition to all the adult things you have to do in life."

if LFR had harder difficulties, i'd do the harder difficulties. my desire to do harder difficulties is still there, i just don't have the support of a guild to do them, or the time to commit to trying to run an entire instance through the premade group finder.

just cause i'm casual doesn't mean i'm bad. i actually quite liked MoP LFR, but WoD is just tourist mode and as much as MoP wasn't particularly fulfilling, WoD is so unsatisfying that i dropped sub.

my guild fell apart in cata, we had a slight reprieve in MoP, tried a couple other guilds in WoD and it all just fell to shit. so yea, apparently my raiding days are over.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Don't feed the trolls.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFR killed my overall motivation to even raid. I don't do LFR, and I don't want to do normal raids.

My motivation died in Cataclysm, our 25 man raid team completely fell apart and the best we could do is a solid 10 man. The raids didn't even interest me anyway, there's just nothing that can top Ulduar and ICC, and to this day the closest thing we got to their quality is ToT.

LFR is actually the only mode I raid these days, with all the time I've saved from ''real'' raiding I had plenty of times to play other games.

Deleted
    didnt think about it before but yes..

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I still raid heroic with my guild, mostly the same team from the last expansion with a few additions. Flexable raid size has really been a nice addition, too.

Oh goodie another lfr hater thread. No LFR didnt lessen my motivation for harder difficulties because being a harder difficulty raider means I never have to go into LFR because I outgear LFR and defeat the final boss on at least normal before LFR is even released for those bosses.

If you have to go into LFR to do that stuff then you are not really that awesome of a raider as you think you are.

LFR doesn't effect higher end raiders.

Nope, didn't really have much urge to hard core raid since EQ, LFR didn't change my motivation at all.

And time had\has nothing to do with it, it's most hard core raiders suck too much fun out of the game (not all but when you have 10-40 in a group you're going to get some of the annoying ones just out of dumb luck) I did a bit of raiding in LK and BC with a guild I used to be in but even the few that were hard core were fairly laid back and didn't stand for any drama.

if you're one of the ones whining about LFR being in the game, most likely your the reason a lot of people rather run LFR than run a PUG or organized raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh goodie another lfr hater thread. No LFR didnt lessen my motivation for harder difficulties because being a harder difficulty raider means I never have to go into LFR because I outgear LFR and defeat the final boss on at least normal before LFR is even released for those bosses.

If you have to go into LFR to do that stuff then you are not really that awesome of a raider as you think you are.

LFR doesn't effect higher end raiders.
    LFR in 6.2 will award what, itemlevel 680? At least for alts, that's a great way to gear up. Even now BRF gives 655, which is the same as Highmaul normal. If you want to gear up your alts for BRF normal, again, doing LFR is a great way to get gear. Anybody passing on that would just make it harder for themselves to progress.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it died a natural death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    So do videos and guides on the internet. Do those kill your motivation to raid too?
    Oh yeah, you should never have to go outside a game to, well, play the game. I recognize that a MMORPG is not your average plateformer or a racing game and there is some data to get. However, since raiding is wiping, you should learn by playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Yes, there are a lot of guilds that make progress and only raid two nights a week. The problem isn't that players have a lack of time, the problem is surrendering two nights a week, whether it's 2 hours or more, to raiding. That's a HUGE commitment. You may say that two hours is nothing, but to schedule the rest of your Tuesday/Wednesday or even your entire week depending on your schedule and what you have to do, around raiding in a video game ... that's huge. When you join a raid guild, and this is coming from someone that wasted a lot of time as a 19 year old raiding, you are shackling yourself to that guild. You're taking options away from yourself to have that raid spot. You can't do anything outside of raiding on those raid times. You have to be there on time, you have to stay, you have to do all the necessary prep work, it's a huge time commitment even if the overall time for raiding itself is small.

Maybe on Wednesday night I want to play WoW, but I don't feel like raiding. Nope, not allowed to be on that game or any other bnet game, or skype or anything, because guilds treat raiding like a job. They take it way too seriously.

I don't want to do that shit anymore, I enjoy certain aspects of WoW, LFR being one of them. I will never ever shackle myself to another guild, I won't schedule my life around a game again to chase imaginary pixels and kill imaginary dragons. It's something I do in SOME of my free time. Not something I'm going to schedule around. Fuck that. Never again.

Pugging is probably an even bigger time commitment. It's better in some ways, in that if you have some time in off peak hours you can probably find a run. It's worse in other ways because once the run gets started a lot of time is spent with your thumb up your ass waiting to find replacements. Not even close to as convenient as LFR.

LFR and it's horribly inferior epics shouldn't bother you. They're not taking away from your potential raiders. What's taking away from your potential raiders is that we grew up and raiding isn't appealing at all. At all. It's one of the least appealing things in WoW. "Hey, give up two nights a week of your life so that you can you get loot in a video game! And make sure you dick around with spreadsheets and do your homework in addition to all the adult things you have to do in life."
    You didn t read my post but wrote a tl:dr answer....

2 days raiding guilds with 10/10 mythic was an example. You can also rnd raid NHC, without ANY commitment.

You guys allways act like some 1 day nhc/hc guilds forces you to stop your hole life. If you play in a casual guild, they usually don t expect you to have an attendance close to 100%....And if even that is too much commitment, you can, as i mentioned, go rnd NHC at ANY time.

This is going to end badly and feels like flame bait
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    LFR in 6.2 will award what, itemlevel 680? At least for alts, that's a great way to gear up. Even now BRF gives 655, which is the same as Highmaul normal. If you want to gear up your alts for BRF normal, again, doing LFR is a great way to get gear. Anybody passing on that would just make it harder for themselves to progress.
    You will be able to get better stuff (650 scalable to 695 with an item) from Tanaan Jungle. And I intend to gear up in part there (My two mains are ilvl 657 and 651).