Lightbulb SG1 Shifu's quote: What does it mean?

Hello!

Oma teaches the true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of the subconscious. Oma teaches the evil my subconscious is too strong to resist and the only way to win is to deny it battle
    I hope you can help me figure it out! English is not my first language and this particular quote sounds very interesting to me. However, I do not entirely understand what does the part of "denying it battle" means. Refusing the battle? Forgetting it?

Thank you in advance!

Don't allow evil to creep up on you. Always make the right choices, even with the small things.

Do not rationalize; accept
    Do not justify; comprehend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Do not rationalize; accept
    Do not justify; comprehend
    That's even more cryptic.

Don't be an animal, be in control of yourself. Don't lose control because you'll become and animal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Fictional mystical tripe : P

But its based on real stuff.

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
    “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
    The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
    The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Like the quote from the movie War Games, "The only winning move is not to play", it's about a no-win situation from accessing the goa'uld knowledge in his subconscious. That is why Shifu gives Daniel the vision of him getting the goa'uld knowledge to defend Earth. Eventually, by the end of the episode in the vision, the knowledge in Daniels mind has caused his descent into an evil persona.

The evil in the Harcesis is too intense for him to control, if he attempted to reconcile that part of himself it would consume him and turn him evil.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh