WoD is such a moronic expansion

No, it is not about flying or any of the usual complaints people have. I think WoD has really damage the game in its foundation.

In WoW you always were A hero not THE hero. Yes, you were strong, I did fantastic things, but you were never on a level with the big lore heroes. Over the time you were getting some recognition, like in Ogri’la or from the Skyguard, who knew your name and were thankful for your help. But for example in Pandaria you were still sleeping in an inn and even with the legendary cloak, you did not change history all by yourself. You were always part of a group and some of your finest moments, like the defeat of the Lich King will never get you any recognition.

But now with WoD players get the whole Mary Sue treatment. First time in Ashran, the NPCs tell you, how happy they are, that you are here and now things will change for sure. You are the commander of a whole huge fortress and in command of a small army. Now in 6.2 are a getting your own fleet, with a carrier and battleships. So you are about as high or higher in the command chain as Tailor or Nazgrim.

How the hell do they want to continue now? So what happens after WoD. All your men just leave you, because of reasons. All that military force you commanded is just gone, because it has to. It’s not like you screwed up. No, you were very successful. This is such a moronic expansion. Yes, we wanted housing, but a house is not the same thing as a garrison. Now players are the hero of a game without a real player hero and they get used to the hero treatment. Everything less than that will be regarded as a huge downgrade.

Blizzard screwed this up big time, all that time travel nonsense is nothing compared to this. And in my opinion will haunt them for a very long time. Now players want to be the special snowflake they are in this expansion. Who want's to go back to a small inn, after you had your own castle.

I agree that it has been a dumb expansion, but for slightly different reasons.

The commander thing doesn't bother me, but it should have been tied into the lore better. It makes sense for a warrior to be called Commander and be given rank within the military structure, but not so much for other classes. This could have easily been improved just by changing dialogue text, maybe adding some additional elements like a class specific quest. I hate it when npcs refer to players as generic heroes. The absolute worst example is the cringe worthy lines of the boss in Upper Blackrock Spire.

The biggest mistake was that Blizzard was 100% committed to bringing back the orc warlords into the game no matter what it took and damn the story. This was made clear when Chilton said that they were originally just going to have some dude resurrect them all so we could fight them for reasons. Just going back in time to old Draenor might have been ok, but an alternate timeline past where everything is conveniently 99% identical except for some super convenient differences to justify doing whatever shit they wanted to do just because its cool? That is treating the players like complete idiots. It's hard to see how far the storytelling has fallen from Warcraft III.

Then there are the host of problems with the gameplay that came from the developers butchering most specs in the beta without having the time or fucks to give about putting them back together again. The attitude towards improving class design hasn't been this bad since BC.

Finally we come to the sheer lack of content. Unless you enjoy raiding the same content over and over on different difficulties, WoD has nothing to offer at level cap. The resources wasted on Ashran meant no new battlegrounds, despite them being advertised as a feature. No new dungeons - but here's some more difficulty settings for old content! No scenarios. World bosses dropping gear that was already obsolete. Reputations that offer no real rewards and require mob grinding. The contrast with MoP in terms of the amount and variety of content is incredible.

In the past expansion I was always some minor character while Thrall did everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    In the past expansion I was always some minor character while Metzen did everything.
    Fixed that for you.

It's moronic that they're sticking with the Orcs. I've had enough of Orcs now. I don't want to see them ever again.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other threads discussing the "hero" aspect of Warlords of Draenor that are far more constructive than is a moronic expansion.

Closing