Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    ohboyherewego.jpg

Let's get this started. Unemployment benefits, 5 weeks paid vacation, welfare state!
    free healthcare, europe is casualland

also shoutout to my boy xirips!

Deleted
    has there ever been a tier in existence where a US guild was not on the top 6?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
    has there ever been a tier in existence where a US guild was not on the top 6?
    Tier 11
    /10 chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    free healthcare, europe is casualland

also shoutout to my boy xirips!
    \o/ Floopa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Tier 11
    /10 chars
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/.../rating.tier11

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Tier 11
    /10 chars
    Tier 10, vodka was 6th T11.

What I've gathered from this thread is something that honestly makes me sad. Does anybody miss Blood legion? Vodka? Exodus? These guilds were all hardcore US top world guilds. They all went for the goal of world firsts and did everything it required to achieve them. They were the pinnacle of Us raiding as they put in the same time as the EU Heavy hitters and whether they won or not they really fucking tried and were a top 5 world Force to be reckoned with. I hope MW recovers and comes back to there BRF form.

All i see now are Us guilds saying they don't want to no life, how good they are despite not doing all the crazy things required and how little time they raid. This thread is full of "X guild would totally win if they raided more" but we find out these guilds are still doing pretty crazy hours. Guilds adding time and on days they say they don't. We have the Top guilds doing insane hours and finishing and going on vacation while other guilds are still doing semi crazy hours and the boss is still alive.

I don't get it and above all that these guilds have far far more gear and triple the legendary rings method or a Paragon had. I don't understand how US went from having guilds who just said, hey we are going to do what method and paragon do to what we have now, to where you brag about how little you raid. At the end of the day a kill is a kill i'm tired of all these buts and ifs.

I have nothing against Us raiding in fact i love US raiding and that's why it makes me sad. Before it was going toe to toe with the best of the EU but now it seems just about bragging about how little time you raid and you're US rank instead of world.

At the end of the day the same hours are being spent but the EU just front loads it, while the US stretches it out and in turns get even more gear.
    Last edited by Kumad; 2015-07-31 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kumad - even before those 3, there was Premonition.

Tier 10, Premo was US 1, world 9th.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier10_25

Quote Originally Posted by Kumad View Post
    What I've gathered from this thread is something that honestly makes me sad. Does anybody miss Blood legion? Vodka? Exodus? These guilds were all hardcore US top world guilds. They all went for the goal of world firsts and did everything it required to achieve them. They were the pinnacle of Us raiding as they put in the same time as the EU Heavy hitters and whether they won or not they really fucking tried and were a top 5 world Force to be reckoned with. I hope MW recovers and comes back to there BRF form.

All i see now are Us guilds saying they don't want to no life, how good they are despite not doing all the crazy things required and how little time they raid. This thread is full of "X guild would totally win if they raided more" but we find out these guilds are still doing pretty crazy hours. Guilds adding time and on days they say they don't. We have the Top guilds doing insane hours and finishing and going on vacation while other guilds are still doing semi crazy hours and the boss is still alive.

I don't get it and above all that these guilds have far far more gear and triple the legendary rings method or a Paragon had. I don't understand how US went from having guilds who just said, hey we are going to do what method and paragon do to what we have now, to where you brag about how little you raid. At the end of the day a kill is a kill i'm tired of all these buts and ifs.

I have nothing against Us raiding in fact i love US raiding and that's why it makes me sad. Before it was going toe to toe with the best of the EU but now it seems just about bragging about how little time you raid and you're US rank instead of world.

At the end of the day the same hours are being spent but the EU just front loads it, while the US stretches it out and in turns get even more gear.
    Exactly the point I made earlier. This new e-peen phenomenon 'look how little I raid and how much real life I have' seems to be almost more important then actual progress nowadays.

'Method was world first, but who cares, they hardcore raid, thats soooo 2005'

'We dont compete with Method because we dont raid daytime'

My eyes start bleeding when I read that crap.

In reality it sais 'I lack the motivation and dedication to compete with Method'. Dont try to bend that into something positive.
    Last edited by willemh; 2015-07-31 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Exactly the point I made earlier. This new e-peen phenomin 'look how little I raid and how much real life I have' seems to be almost more important then actual progress nowadays.

It's not a new 'e-peen phenomenon'. It's just the 'hardcore hours'-group thinning out, hence 'non-daytime raiding guilds' get a lot farther than they used to, ratingswise.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Exactly the point I made earlier. This new e-peen phenomenon 'look how little I raid and how much real life I have' seems to be almost more important then actual progress nowadays.

In reality it sais 'I lack the motivation and dedication to compete with Method'. Dont try to bend that into something positive.
    Or a lot of people in the US don't see a point to dedicate all those hours to get world 3rd at best.

It's weird that people make fun of raiders for no life raiding, but as soon as people start saying "well we raid 20 hours a week, so we're just taking our time", they get made fun of that too.

From what I see, vodka has come back. Although to what extent I don't know, who all left are the original crew, or whatever. I hope they ramp it up. They used to be my favorites (they were in my BG group, nuff' said lol). I never really get too into the WF races, but seeing the slip in US showing after it seemed like it was actually moving forward for once kinda bites.

That said I get it though, it's taxing as hell, doing this sort of raiding. I remember doing H ToT progress pushing for server first (serious business lol) doing 5 nights a week being draining, let alone whole days etc. Not to mention the recruiting aspects and everything else that is even more important in top tier raiding. That and I honestly think some of the elitist perspectives associated with these higher end guilds push some away from looking at it as an option, or aspiring to be up in that option.

Who knows, GL to whoever pulls it out in the US. We're still waiting.
    Daft Punk Forever!

No repeat kill the following week for method? Is he still really hard and everyone needs updated rings to make kills less rng? I don't think I have ever seen a world first kill not killed again the following week by said world first guild.

Deleted
    They took vacation from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonapriest93 View Post
    From what I see, vodka has come back. Although to what extent I don't know, who all left are the original crew, or whatever. I hope they ramp it up. They used to be my favorites (they were in my BG group, nuff' said lol). I never really get too into the WF races, but seeing the slip in US showing after it seemed like it was actually moving forward for once kinda bites.

That said I get it though, it's taxing as hell, doing this sort of raiding. I remember doing H ToT progress pushing for server first (serious business lol) doing 5 nights a week being draining, let alone whole days etc. Not to mention the recruiting aspects and everything else that is even more important in top tier raiding. That and I honestly think some of the elitist perspectives associated with these higher end guilds push some away from looking at it as an option, or aspiring to be up in that option.

Who knows, GL to whoever pulls it out in the US. We're still waiting.
    vodka is indeed doing well but it's true that they don't raid anywhere near as much as the world first guilds like Method and Paragon. That's not an excuse. It's the truth. They do not raid all day. They run about 5 days a week and 5 hours a night. That's laughable compared to the time most of the high end EU guilds put in. I guess that still qualifies as hardcore but they will never be in the world first race with those hours.
    Last edited by FrostyMage; 2015-08-01 at 02:38 AM.

The problem for the top guilds is that there is never any real downtime outside of the end of an xpac.

Xpac releases, you level and gear (as much as you can, with dungeon blues, craftables, boes) anywhere from 3-6 characters in the initial week.
    Week two you run 6ish heroic runs
    Week three is progression
    Progression ends, you finish gearing mains, then you begin gearing alts
    Enough alts are geared, time for split mythic runs!
    Begin gearing third characters in as much gear as possible because...
    PTR time! With the usual <one day notice on testing times in the middle of the day during the week.
    Continue to get as much gear on as many characters as possible to make...
    Heroic week #2 easier, as you did at the beginning of the xpac
    Rinse/repeat

The game is just not worth it if you don't win, imo. I'm a very competitive person, and in competitions like this, 2nd place doesn't feel good, it feels like you were the first loser.

7+ Year Old Account
    Limit rising us 1st #limitrising

limit archy down 13/13M

Limit Rising!
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.