10+ Year Old Account

Obama uses 'n-word' in interview about US race relations (GGT)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...lflow_facebook

US President Barack Obama has used the "n-word" during an interview to argue that the United States has yet to overcome its issues with racism.
    "Racism, we are not cured of it," the president said. "And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say nigger in public."
    Mr Obama was being interviewed by comedian Marc Maron for a podcast that was published on Monday.
    He also lamented Congress' lack of will to enact stricter gun controls.

"It's not just a matter of overt discrimination," he said. "Societies don't, overnight, completely erase everything that happened 200 to 300 years prior."
    Mr Obama acknowledged that attitudes about race in the US have improved since his childhood, but he said that America's history of enslaving black people "casts a long shadow and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on".

He has publicly used the n-word before but not as president. He used the word several times in his book Dreams from my Father.
    The interview came days after a mass shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, which police believe was motivated by racial hatred.

The shooting has restarted a debate over a Confederate flag that flies on the grounds of the South Carolina state capitol. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and others have called for the flag to be removed, calling it a symbol of racism.
    Mr Obama did not reference the flag in the interview, but he said on Friday that the flag belongs in a museum and should not be flown.

Demonstrators have renewed calls to remove the flag from the South Carolina capitol grounds
    The shooting has also reignited debate over gun-control laws in the US.
    In the same interview, Mr Obama lamented the influence that anti-gun-control lobbyists have on the US Congress, and how they prevented the enactment of stronger gun control legislation after the mass killing of school children in Newtown, Connecticut in 2012.

"The grip of the NRA on Congress is extremely strong," he said.
    "I will tell you, right after Sandy Hook, Newtown, when 20 six-year-olds are gunned down, and Congress literally does nothing - yes, that's the closest I came to feeling disgusted," he said. "I was pretty disgusted."

Why is this even newsworthy? Any sane person could have guessed that's how he was using it just by reading the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I used it probably 4 times since breakfast, along with like 400 other terrible words. Oh noes. Though nobody really cares what I say, so I guess that's the difference.

traffic was kind of bad this morning
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Why is this even newsworthy? Any sane person could have guessed that's how he was using it just by reading the thread title.
    I think people are just trying to bump their post count.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of the tread? Obama bad for saying word? I dont get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What's the point of the tread? Obama bad for saying word? I dont get it.
    I think it will be soon about how hypocritical that makes hillary

No it's clearly about SpiderMan needing to be Oriental.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I think people are just trying to bump their post count.
    This is what happens when you just post a news article with no context. Just copy and paste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is what happens when you just post a news article with no context. Just copy and paste.
    But why do you want me to direct what people speak of? I'd rather people read and post thoughts rather then simply automatically agree/counter what I say.

Is this news?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Is this news?
    Well its Obama's interview about the recent events

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But why do you want me to direct what people speak of? I'd rather people read and post thoughts rather then simply automatically agree/counter what I say.
    Why not just link to the BBC website and say "look, there's some news, read some stuff and such".

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read the context he was saying it in?

10+ Year Old Account
    After reviewing the article I can't see any reason this was posted or titled this way other than attempt to rile up the forum.

Closing.